tjwgrr

ORD I/B Holding Now - Thurs P.M Mar-16

Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:55 am

ORD inbounds holding all over the place- heavy snow with 1/4 mile vis.

Looks like they're down to approaches on one rwy.

Hope we get some diversions here in GRR!
Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.

roseflyer

RE: ORD I/B Holding Now - Thurs P.M Mar-16

Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:59 am

It looks pretty bad in Chicago now. ORD has 2 hour delays that are increasing and MDW has 45 minute delays.

Interestingly enough San Francisco currently has delays over 90 minutes.

Not a good day for United!
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

ctbarnes

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:02 am

Quoting RoseFlyer (Reply 1):

Knock-on effect, I'd guess. With things stacked up in the midwest departing flights are being held until there is an opening.

Charles, SJ

Edit: Just looked at Weather.com and the winter storm warning has been downgraded to a snow advisary predicting 1-4 inches accumulation. Sounds like it could have been worse...

[Edited 2006-03-16 23:07:14]
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

mrstl

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:06 am

Interesting, it is sunny and 65 degrees in STL. Good day not to connect in ORD.

roseflyer

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:09 am

Quoting MrSTL (Reply 3):
Interesting, it is sunny and 65 degrees in STL. Good day not to connect in ORD.

Same here in Terre Haute and Indianapolis. There is a strong front causing a mess in ORD. I am guessing that IND will get some diversions as usual since IND always seems to have much better weather than ORD.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

StarAlly

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:23 am

This is sucks. My partner is on his way home to IND via ORD from ATL. I hope he gets to land so at worst he can stay at my place instead of overnight at an airport.  bored  He's hardly an aviation enthusiasts so chillin at an airport would HARDLY be fun for him.

At any rate, keep us posted on delays 'n such!
Aaron Jason

Mexicana757

Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:40 am

Quoting StarAlly (Reply 5):
This is sucks. My partner is on his way home to IND via ORD from ATL.

Thats why he should have flown to MDW.  wink  It just started snowing here. I'm closer to MDW.

maury

Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:48 am

Quoting Ctbarnes (Reply 2):
Quoting RoseFlyer (Reply 1):
Knock-on effect, I'd guess.

Brother Charles, why guess when you can know? FAA says: Due to WEATHER/WIND/LOW CIGS, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving San Francisco International Airport, San Francisco, CA (SFO). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 1 hour and 34 minutes.

We have weather in California, too...

roseflyer

Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:49 am

Quoting StarAlly (Reply 5):
This is sucks. My partner is on his way home to IND via ORD from ATL. I hope he gets to land so at worst he can stay at my place instead of overnight at an airport.

Well it is supposed to start snowing before long tonight in Indianapolis as well. It may be warm now, but there should be a bit of snow tonight, but no significant accumulation compared to Chicago. Indianapolis and Chicago are less than 150 miles apart, but the amount of snow each city sees is far different.

LFutia

Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:10 am

its done snowing here. I was expecting alot more but it's done early because this system was starved for moisture. 80 flights have been cancelled at O'Hare.

Due to WEATHER/SNOW, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Chicago OHare International Airport, Chicago, IL (ORD). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 2 hours and 30 minutes. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".

Leo
Leo/ORD -- Groetjes uit de VS! -- Heeft u laatst nog met KLM gevlogen?

ctbarnes

Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:40 am

Quoting Maury (Reply 7):
Brother Charles, why guess when you can know? FAA says: Due to WEATHER/WIND/LOW CIGS, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving San Francisco International Airport, San Francisco, CA (SFO). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 1 hour and 34 minutes.

We have weather in California, too...

I know. I live across the bay in Berkeley and work at SFO. Forgot to check the FAA website though...

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy