9252fly
Topic Author

What's The Big Deal With Jet Blue

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:21 pm

Okay,this is not a dig at Jet Blue,but really,almost 200 posts about their next two new destinations...who cares? It's almost as if it's a cult following and the members wait in baited breath for any new corporate announcement. Hell,it would take more than a new route to give me a chubby! Someone explain it to me,I just don't get it?

jumbojet

RE: What's The Big Deal With Jet Blue

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:30 pm

Quoting 9252fly (Thread starter):
Hell,it would take more than a new route to give me a chubby! Someone explain it to me,I just don't get it?

got a good laugh out of that. JetBlue is a relatively new carrier so the little things that most other airlines consider normal every day occurrences, JetBlue sees as major achievment in the airlines operations.

Cadet57

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:33 pm

Someone explain it to me,I just don't get it

Sure, every US airline is pretty much either cash-strapped, in BK or on the verge.... B6 defies that and continues to be the little airline that could, goin head to head with the likes of AA, CO, UA and many times winning.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

jetbluefan1

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:36 pm

9252fly,

It's not just B6 that gets 'major thread-ing.' DL got quite a bit for its new international destinations. I can't even count how many Peter Max threads there are...heck, I don't even know what Peter Max is!

The reason the "JetBlue is going to announce 2 new cities" thread has gotten so large is because people like to guess and analyze which cities JetBlue will enter next. Because JetBlue is an airline that brings down fares in new markets, it helps spur air traffic to/from the airport, especially as B6 enters smaller markets with its new E190s.

While I do agree 150+ posts is a lot, people find JetBlue announcements to be exciting. There's nothing wrong with that.

JetBluefan1

jumbojet

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:50 pm

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 3):
Because JetBlue is an airline that brings down fares in new markets

Ive said this before and I will say it again, and its not bashing JetBlue, but a lot of times the fares they offer which beats out other airlines has you leaving at all sorts of insane times, especially the Dom Rep flights. If you compare, on a lot of flights, not all flights, comparable departure times, JetBlue is more often then not more money. With JetBlue, no chance of them announcing an interesting international destination, you pretty much know whatever new flights they decide to operate is going to be within the 48 contiguous. Sure, exciting but you pretty much can narrow it down to the one usual continent

luv2fly

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:54 pm

Okay,this is not a dig at Jet Blue,but really,almost 200 posts about their next two new destinations...who cares?

And yet you started another thread!
You can cut the irony with a knife

Tornado82

Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:02 pm

? It's almost as if it's a cult following and the members wait in baited breath for any new corporate announcement

It is, and they do.

steeler83

Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:22 pm

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 5):
And yet you started another thread!

I'll laugh if THIS one gets that long... 150 is plenty long enough. Actually, 100 is. Longer and longer threads only make it more annoying to try and read and scroll all the way down to the bottom to make a post, then repeat all of that...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

Cory6188

Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:48 pm

When CO has announced new routes to Europe in the past, those threads have gotten pretty long, as was the thread about DL's new route to JNB via DKR. It's not just a B6 thing...

jumbojet

Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:53 pm

Quoting Cory6188 (Reply 8):
DL's new route to JNB via DKR. It's not just a B6 thing...

an american airline, the 1st american airline to fly from the states to JNB is exciting stuff

erikwilliam

Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:49 pm

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 3):
heck, I don't even know what Peter Max is!

rotfl 
Peter Max is an artist with high concept in paintings. He painted a CO 777 and spotters like to shot it.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jorge Meneses
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Anthony Cheng - HKAEC

I don´t find it so amuzing, but´s at least cheerfull
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo

Tornado82

Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:14 pm

Quoting Cory6188 (Reply 8):
When CO has announced new routes to Europe in the past, those threads have gotten pretty long, as was the thread about DL's new route to JNB via DKR. It's not just a B6 thing...

There's a big difference between a Transatlantic flight, and NYC-Florida.

B6JFKH81

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:36 am

I think folks just like to analyze the environment and make predictions based on their own opinion and knowledge of the industry. I always think its interesting when an airline announces new service because of all the planning that is involved in it and what drove them to make that decision...but that's just me.
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"

aircanada014

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:53 pm

I just hope we don't see any more DL thread. I'd rather see the airline going down for once. reduce the legaccy carriers in the states...

steeler83

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:15 pm

Quoting AirCanada014 (Reply 13):
I just hope we don't see any more DL thread. I'd rather see the airline going down for once. reduce the legaccy carriers in the states...

How may DL threads have there been, besides too many to number... I don't like to see any airline go under really, unless they were poorly managed or the owners or managers royally screwed over their employees. If anything, I'd like to see a merger with another stronger airline... Chances of that happening, however, not sure at this point...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

northwestEWR

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:39 pm

I don't want to see a legacy go down either but I wouldn't mind seeing an LCC go.....
Northwest Airlines - Now You're Flying Smart

phuebner

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:46 pm

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 7):
Longer and longer threads only make

Phew! I had started a thread that had previously been talked about and MAN! I got my head bit off. There are people here that are a little tooo much into this.  stirthepot 

What the hell, lets see if we can make this over 100.  Smile
Remember this, Your Body is a temple Not a pull toy!

cairo

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:55 pm

Sure, if you look at a typical legacy service update, they add and subtract routes constantly but get little fanfare.

But, jetBlue has captured some bit of 'magic' or imagination among those who watch US airlines. The main thing they have done, as far as I can see, is make AA look like a bunch of idiots for not ramping up JFK into a domestic hub 20 years ago, or at the TWA purchase, and for letting jetBlue get so much transcon business.

I think the current fascination is a bit of awe and fear. Awe: how do they decide where to go? Fear: what legacy is going to feel jetBlue pain on which route next?

Cairo

jumbojet

Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:50 pm

Quoting AirCanada014 (Reply 13):

It's ok to not like an airline but to wish it goes down is just plane stupid. If anything should go down, it should be a meteorite on your house