Cadet57
Topic Author

Aramark Aviation(Delta Ramp Outsource) Question

Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:34 am

Hi,

Delta is hiring rampers thru the company at BDL, I went and picked up the application today but before I bring it back I want to know. Do I get the same benefits if I worked for delta itself and not Aramark? Also are CSA's thru this company too?
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

toltommy

RE: Aramark Aviation(Delta Ramp Outsource) Question

Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:58 am

Delta isn't doing the hiring, Aramark is. You'll get Aramark benefits, not Delta. Depends on contract for station if they are ramp/cust service/both. I don't think there are any non-rev benefits.

DLKAPA

Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:14 am

Outsourced workers usually get the shaft when it comes to nonreving. Have fun.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

malaysia

RE: Aramark Aviation(Delta Ramp Outsource) Questio

Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:39 am

You will get no benefits on Delta. just Aramark ewwwww. and oh the other sort of Third Party Handler called DGS (DELTA GLOBAL SERVICES) which is still owned by Delta, does give poor DL non-rev benefits to the agents lower than a supervisor/admin. They even made it worse I last heard. DGS agents now have to pay 50 dollars a year for the DL passcard, and if you miss the application payment deadline, you have to now work 500 hours to get one free flight on DL. HAHA! DGS has went to new lows, but Aramark, Id guarantee you that you would get better pay and inside benefits than DGS. BDL? DGS once did the contract for DL in BDL. I think they were underbid by Aramark, or DGS made a boo boo with A/C damage or customer issues too often, the contract was terminated.

I dont know much about Aramark, but its not bankrupt.
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

PVD757

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:25 am

I know plenty about Aramark in PVD. They stink!!!!  yuck  They have no sick days. If you call out sick, you do not get paid. The health insurance premium is fairly high, and you get no non-rev benefits. Let's put it this way, the guys that work for them wish DGS was here instead. Aramark is only at BDL and PVD I believe and these contracts were their first forays into ground handling. It's not going well and Delta in the past has just been giving the handling contract to lowest bidder, no matter who it is.