The Future Innovation Of Commercial Aviation....

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:35 pm

So what is the next major innovation within civil air travel? Over the past 45 years or so we have witnessed the onset of the jet airplane (great and revolutionary innovation!), passenger aircraft have become larger, more fuel efficient, more comfortable, and they have become faster and more far reaching too. But not by much. We’re still moving from destination to destination at subsonic speeds 45 years later. The Concorde came and impressed us all, but later disappeared. So what is next in terms of development? What do you really envision that will come to impress us in the decades ahead of us?

And yes….I do realize that we are flying more directly from one destination to another these days . And yes, we can do this in more affordable ways than before as consumers too. But I can’t really call this an achievement of aviation but rather an achievement of the underlying economics of a great industry.

What’s your opinion?
Go the extra mile......and avoid the traffic!!!

RE: The Future Innovation Of Commercial Aviation....

Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:45 am

How about governments deciding that they don't want to regulate ownership and control anymore. Let the market decide if Lufthansa can compete LAX-SYD - with or without a connecting service from Germany.

Will it happen ... well, not in my lifetime

RE: The Future Innovation Of Commercial Aviation....

Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:49 am

I hope jet-powered seaplanes for passengertraffic become reality, now it´s only Be-210 on offer.
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...