BMED
Topic Author

BA Frequent Flyer

Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:34 am

Hi, I've just booked a BA Connect flight as an e-ticket. Is there anyway that I can become part of the BA Ex. Club. When I'm at uni I will be travelling about 4 times a year between SOU and EDI/GLA.
I'm also booked on a trip to Cyprus next month. I haven't booked the ticket but is there anyway in which I can use this to gain frequent flyer points etc. Cheers for the help.
Living the jetset life! No better way to be

ZSOFN

RE: BA Frequent Flyer

Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:59 am

Have a look at the qualifying information. On the basis of your current booking you should be able to apply.

fbgdavidson

Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:53 am

Depending on your travel pattern you may do better to register for a different OW FFP. Some are geared better towards J/F flyers than others, and others are better for those on cheap tickets.

BA Exec Club may not be the best for you.
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

richardw

Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:57 pm

Go to www.ba.com and start a booking to Cyprus in economy, when you get a pricing page, it should offer you a one way upgrade to club, click on this and then the next page should have a link saying this fare qualifies you to join the exec club. If you want flexibility a flexible economy fare should offer you entry to the exec club.
There are other ways of joining, these are just 2 options.

mhodgson

Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:12 pm

Some Y fares will also qualify you, these will typically inform you on the overview page once you have selected flights. In the 'benefits' type part, where it states seat pitch, meals etc it should also say "This fare qualifies you to join the Executive Club - Join Today" (link)
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

sbworcs

Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:30 pm

Quoting Fbgdavidson (Reply 2):
Depending on your travel pattern you may do better to register for a different OW FFP. Some are geared better towards J/F flyers than others, and others are better for those on cheap tickets

Does anyone know if any of these will allow entry into FF programme on the basis of 6 discounted economy tickets booked to orlando in november. Booked through BA.com which states they do not qualify. Will be flying more BA connect later this year so could start then but wonder if can get anything for the november flights. - Probably not but worth trying!!
The best way forwards is upwards!

fbgdavidson

Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:22 am

Quoting Richardw (Reply 3):
There are other ways of joining, these are just 2 options.

If you get a BA Amex card an leave the Exec Club number line blank then BA will open an account for you. If you are booking a lot of tickets through BA this is a no brainer. Drop me an email if you want a more detailed sales pitch Big grin I've had mine for 3yrs and have earned the best part of 200,000 miles through it that I wouldn't have earned otherwise.

The other option is to book a fully flexible ticket (make sure it says on confirmation page you can cancel for no fee) and use the link to sign up for the Exec Club based on that. You can then just cancel the ticket and get all your money back.

Quoting Sbworcs (Reply 5):
Does anyone know if any of these will allow entry into FF programme on the basis of 6 discounted economy tickets booked to orlando in november. Booked through BA.com which states they do not qualify.

Well I'd probably go for QF's programme. I'd usually recommend AAdvantage for those flying on cheaper tickets, especially in your case as you'd usually earn AAdvantage elite status with 6 Y tickets to MCO, however, due to anti-competition laws you cannot earn AA miles on the basis of BA flights and vice versa.
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos