phuebner

Did Jetblue Forget About The Midwest?

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:16 am

I was looking at Jetblue's route map and thought that it was odd that there are no flights to the midwest. What is the deal?

http://www.jetblue.com/travelinfo/routemap.asp
Remember this, Your Body is a temple Not a pull toy!

BR715-A1-30

RE: Did Jetblue Forget About The Midwest?

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:29 am

I'm surprised they haven't come into Chicago yet... Either O'Hare or Midway... I'm sure they feel that WN and UA/AA scream "WE HAVE THE MARKET!!!" But they could always fly into MKE. MKE is, or was a focus city for NWA, and they used to get tons of traffic... In the airline business, it seems that airlines like to "kick em when they're down" so I feel that maybe now would be a good time for jetBlue to send in 2 embraers and 1 A320 and check it out. Kind of get things stirred up with some flights to Florida (to get us wisconsinites out of the cold for a cheap price) and maybe down to the "chocolate city". (Better known as New Orleans)

We could also use some flights to California. Come on jetBlue... What are you waiting for?
Puhdiddle

DCA-ROCguy

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:30 am

Do a search for threads about JetBlue and Chicago. They want into O'Hare badly, but the City can't seem to free up as many gates as they want (four or six, I think). There were a number of threads in 2005 that discussed this question, and JetBlue has been interested in Chicago awhile longer than that.

Jim
Need a new airline paint scheme? Better call Saul! (Bass that is)

werdywerd

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:31 am

We are slowly closing the gap. In time we will be in the Chicago are I believe that is when you will notice that the issue of no midwestern flights will be a thing of the past. When Chicago happens, you can bet it will be a major station from where midwest destinations will originate from. I'd say give it another 6mos to a year for us to be in Chicago and another year or two after that to start filling in that area.

luv2fly

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:33 am

B6 has said all along that they want ORD and only ORD.
You can cut the irony with a knife

mrstl

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:37 am

Quoting Werdywerd (Reply 3):
When Chicago happens, you can bet it will be a major station from where midwest destinations will originate from. I'd say give it another 6mos to a year for us to be in Chicago and another year or two after that to start filling in that area.

Great, one more airline where I can connect in ORD/MDW-- no thanks!  Sad

centrair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:50 am

I bet they will get courted by Minneapolis. Even though NW is the big one there, the MSP council has stated that with the redevelopment & expansion of the HHH terminal they will be courting airlines to give Minnesotans more choices.

It is only a matter of time. There are other choices too. MKE or MSN could do well with more choices to the coasts.
Yes...I am not a KIX fan. Let's Japanese Aviation!

MAH4546

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:56 am

There is no rule that an airline most serve every region of the country. Quite clearly, jetBlue's business stragedy has involved mainly coastal markets, and I really don't think they need to stray far from that.
a.

legacytravel

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:57 am

I was under the impression that B6 was looking at MKE with the RJ's to start. I thought this year sometime. We can only hope. I believe that there is room in this market for another MKE to LAS possibly to MCO as well however that is pretty well served already.There are no nonstops to JFK from MKE. LGA has nonstops from YX and NW.
MKE to SEA needs service as does MKE to SFO.
With the rail line just off MKE grounds it offers quick transit from Chicago to catch a flight out of MKE. I hope MKE can expand and offer nonstop to SFO and SEA shortly as well as maybe a international flight 2 or 3 days a week to draw traffic from ORD however I find that highly doubtful.
Regards,
Mark in MKE
I love the smell of Jet fuel in the Morning

CIDFlyer

Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:01 pm

Quoting Werdywerd (Reply 3):
When Chicago happens, you can bet it will be a major station from where midwest destinations will originate from.

I wish they would start a midwest hub or focus city in STL to connect the possible forthcoming midwest destinations. There is a whole concourse available there as well as the new runway that was just opened. Can ORD handle another hub on top of AA and UA? I think the FAA just extended the cap it had in place which limits the number of flights during peak hours there. I realize AA has a hub in STL but JetBlue could maybe have a 50-100 flights per day hub there.

stl1326

Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:14 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 7):
Quite clearly, jetBlue's business stragedy has involved mainly coastal markets, and I really don't think they need to stray far from that.

I don't get that. I thought the main reason they ordered the E-190's was to expand in the midwest where most of the markets can't support larger A320's.

ikramerica

Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:23 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 7):
There is no rule that an airline most serve every region of the country. Quite clearly, jetBlue's business stragedy has involved mainly coastal markets, and I really don't think they need to stray far from that.

Everyone is ignoring the fact that B6 is a "Blue State" airline, with BLUE in the name, partly founded by a left-wing billionaire in George Soros. It is kind of convenient that they only seem to serve liberal places or places New York liberals fly to. There are very few cities they serve or states they serve that don't tend to vote democratic in USA elections.

Heck, look at Texas. Only one city: Austin. Look at Louisiana, New Orleans, the city that tips the state blue. Very few cities they fly to are RED.

Just an observation...

So, ORD fits in the scheme, as would DTW.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

chrisnh

Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:25 pm

Since several of their East-->West 'nonstops' had to stop there recently because of strong headwinds, why wouldn't OKC be a great place to set up shop? I mean, a carrier that is facing a loss should be looking for smart places to go. Here in New England they decided (or, Massport decided for them) that Boston was the place for them. Now, we find out that hardly any of the Boston routes are making money. No wonder, with higher costs associated with flying into and out of Logan. Seems to me that O'Hare would be the same sort of situation. I'm not saying that jetBlue SHOULDN'T fly to O'Hare; just that any substantive midwest operation might best be located in a secondary market rather than a primary one. A place like OKC might well offer subsidies like zero landing fees, or preferred gates...things that a major airport doesn't have to offer.

Since we talk so much about fuel costs, it is indisputable that jetBlue would spend more money on fuel at O'Hare than at OKC (or at Logan versus either MHT or PVD) because of all the taxiing and long queues to take off (or to land). That's not opinion, it's fact. If I were jetBlue I'd rather be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big one. Less taxiing time at OKC; straight-in approaches...both of which yield lower fuel consumption over the long run.

I guess by this time next year we'll see whether jetBlue's 'big city' focus was a good thing or a mis-guided one.

Chris in NH

Tornado82

Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:35 pm

Quoting BR715-A1-30 (Reply 1):
MKE is, or was a focus city for NWA, and they used to get tons of traffic...

It still IS a hub for Midwest... who has a very good product.

Quoting ChrisNH (Reply 12):
Since several of their East-->West 'nonstops' had to stop there recently because of strong headwinds, why wouldn't OKC be a great place to set up shop?

I always thought OKC is a very underserved airport. It really has no eastward service sans the 2x EWR ERJ's on CO. DC area has a ton of O&D, and NYC has a ton more O&D than is currently being served. Sure they have CVG and ATL on Delta, but that's not the "East" to many people who think BOS/NYC/PHL/DC Area.

Mikey711MN

Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:36 pm

Quoting Legacytravel (Reply 8):
I was under the impression that B6 was looking at MKE with the RJ's to start. I thought this year sometime. We can only hope. I believe that there is room in this market for another MKE to LAS possibly to MCO as well however that is pretty well served already.There are no nonstops to JFK from MKE. LGA has nonstops from YX and NW.
With the rail line just off MKE grounds it offers quick transit from Chicago to catch a flight out of MKE. I hope MKE can expand and offer nonstop to SFO and SEA shortly as well as maybe a international flight 2 or 3 days a week to draw traffic from ORD however I find that highly doubtful.

Despite my bias for MKE--my old hometown--I have always wond ered about the Concourse C expansion and whether that's tied to any otherwise unannounced expansion plans for an airline, and to me I believe that B6 has always been somewhat a part of that.

As you mentioned, I believe that B6 and YX can coexist in MKE: YX has no more capacity to open up routes that B6 could operate with some great success, particularly the west coast nonstops (MKE-SFO, MKE-SEA, MKE-SAN). Meanwhile, B6 doesn't have the established stations on some of YX core routes in the midwest region itself. All in all, I think it'd be a win-win for all parties involved, and IMHO, Milwaukee County wouldn't pursue such expansion plans without some assurance that the new facilities would get nearly immediate use.

-Mike
I plan on living forever. So far, so good...

nycflyer

Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:47 pm

Quoting BR715-A1-30 (Reply 1):
But they could always fly into MKE. MKE is, or was a focus city for NWA, and they used to get tons of traffic... In the airline business, it seems that airlines like to "kick em when they're down" so I feel that maybe now would be a good time for jetBlue to send in 2 embraers and 1 A320 and check it out.

Regards,
Mark in MKE

I saw Neeleman give a speech a few months back, and he said that MKE is a city they're considering.

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 11):
Everyone is ignoring the fact that B6 is a "Blue State" airline, with BLUE in the name, partly founded by a left-wing billionaire in George Soros. It is kind of convenient that they only seem to serve liberal places or places New York liberals fly to. There are very few cities they serve or states they serve that don't tend to vote democratic in USA elections.

Are you KIDDING??! Are you forgetting SLC? Forget Soros, Neeleman is a devout Mormon with nine kids. He's a great guy, but he is all about red state values. I think your statement about flying to blue states is 100% coincidental.

legacytravel

Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:48 pm

Quoting Mikey711MN (Reply 14):
Milwaukee County wouldn't pursue such expansion plans without some assurance that the new facilities would get nearly immediate use.

Mikey as I write this they are trying to organize a Airport district here to take control of MKE. This was done behind the scenes and quite covertly. They do not want a single politician on the board. This was being done by MMAC president Tim Sheey.
That way when it comes to expansion they do not have all of the politics involved with any projects. A runway expansion will require removal of some homes.
MKE does need some expansion to attract new airlines here.
Regards,
Mark in MKE

Mikey711MN

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:01 pm

Quoting Legacytravel (Reply 16):
Mikey as I write this they are trying to organize a Airport district here to take control of MKE. This was done behind the scenes and quite covertly. They do not want a single politician on the board. This was being done by MMAC president Tim Sheey.

I did read about that this past week on JSOnline, so I was deliberate in using "Milwaukee County" in my post. Typically they have been VERY conservative in expansion--likely moreso than a regional airport authority IMO--so to add 8-10 gates at once struck me as a bit atypical for that management team.

With no room at ORD nor MDW and no seeming desire to open up GYY or RFD, I've got to think that MKE and this expansion has got B6's attention.

-Mike
I plan on living forever. So far, so good...

legacytravel

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:08 pm

Mikey,
We have a Amtrak station just off the airport grounds by 13th street as well with direct access to Mitchell from there.
MKE could if they play their cards correctly land alot of business from greater Chicago..Regards,
Mark in MKE

atmx2000

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:16 pm

Most large cities vote Democratic, and so does the northeast where they are based. Since they have a lot of local flights and flights to major cities, that's not surprising.

Heck, look at Texas. Only one city: Austin. Look at Louisiana, New Orleans, the city that tips the state blue. Very few cities they fly to are RED.

The only thing surprising is that they don't fly to Houston or Dallas. But perhaps they don't want to fight AA and CO (and WN to a limited extend).
ConcordeBoy is a twin supremacist!! He supports quadicide!!

tekelberry

Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:59 pm

MKE is getting better and better. Just take a look at the inside of the main terminal now: it's beautiful compared to what it used to look like. Concourse C looks brand new with the renovation complete (minus the hammerhead), and the hammerhead (which is now being built apparently) will add even more to concourse C. All MKE needs now is a little bit more airline service (such as JetBlue or an increased amount of flights from existing airlines). Lengthening runways 19L/1R and/or 7L/25R (or others) would hopefully attract some expansion in terms of number of flights.

JonnyGT

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:30 pm

Quoting ChrisNH (Reply 12):

Just an observation...

So, ORD fits in the scheme, as would DTW.

Congratulations, I do believe you have written the most inane piece of horsesh*t I have ever had the pleasure of reading on these boards.

Why don't you take your ramblings back to FreeRepublic.com?

Unless of course you are writing an excellent piece of satire, and to that I say, bravo! Big grin

[Edited 2006-03-20 08:32:09]

QXatFAT

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Bring some planes to DTW and MKE I think. ORD is just to full of planes. If jetBlue goes to MKE, do you think that they could take over quite a few of the flights from Midwest? I think that the Wisonsins would be very loyal to their airline.
Don't Tread On Me!

L1329II

Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:13 am

Just an observation...

Quoting NYCFlyer (Reply 15):

Are you KIDDING??! Are you forgetting SLC? Forget Soros, Neeleman is a devout Mormon with nine kids. He's a great guy, but he is all about red state values. I think your statement about flying to blue states is 100% coincidental.

checkmark 

This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have seen on here yet. Neeleman has said repeatedly that B6 is first moving into areas where there is the most profit potential.
"By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

MCIrunway

Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:29 am

Quoting L1329II (Reply 24):
B6 is first moving into areas where there is the most profit potential.

such business acumen

chrisnh

Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:33 am

Quoting L1329II (Reply 24):
This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have seen on here yet. Neeleman has said repeatedly that B6 is first moving into areas where there is the most profit potential.

Oooooo...there's that EVVVILLLLL word...PROFIT!!! How typical of a supposed Liberally-aligned outfit to scream and holler about others making a profit while they q-u-i-e-t-l-y try to make one themselves.

Seriously, these guys are in the airline business. Any liberal alliances are purely coincidental, I'm sure. OK...I THINK I'm sure.

Chris in NH

L1329II

Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:36 am

Quoting MCIrunway (Reply 25):

Its the way it came out... Hope you like it.

bhmbaglock

Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:55 am

Quoting Phuebner (Reply 20):
Okay, I'm exposing my ignorance on JetBlue, but I was not aware that George Soros was an investor in this airline. Well, if this is the case I will NEVER fly on this airline! I will NEVER give support to George Soros!!! Now, let's see the crap fly!!!

Fair use excerpt from http://www.esignalcentral.com/exchange/08_2003/money_investing.asp

Quote:
George Soros controls 24% of the stock.

Note that this is 2 1/2 years old - I don't know if Soros has increaed or decreased his holdings since.

Personally I don't know if Ike is right about this but they do seem to in fact regard us as "fly-over country" - whether this is for economic or political reasons I don't know. In any case, it really doesn't matter to me as I'm not much for boycotts and given the fact that they don't connect any city pairs I fly regularly it wouldn't matter anyway.
Where are all of my respected members going?

deltamike172

Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:10 am

I find it interesting that some people have gone so low as to comparing an airline's route map to politics. I simply feel obligated to add my opinion that the red/blue state fiasco is simply the media's way of dividing the country and making some people hate other people. They are the ones that came up with the term, and they are the ones that have taken off with it. This is airliners.net. People make lots of silly remarks on here all day long, but thankfully, there isn't much political BS. Go ahead and bring up the point that I am continuing the political forum posts, but hopefully this will be the last and people can just get over it.

jetBlue doesn't fly to your city, you wish they did becuase blue is your favorite color, or you like leather seats (ya know, cows are from red states only) or you like TV or whatever. The point is, SWA doesn't fly to alot of places becuase they know they can't make money there, so lets try to figure out why exactly they would do something so politically ambiguous.

And one last thing, just remember that the media is NEITHER liberal or conservative. They are an entity unto thier own. They support conflict and entertaining issues. The only thing they care about is being able to talk about something for 24 hours. I mean, they've labelled an entire state a color based on the stereotypical political policy becuase 50.5 percent of the voters who voted voted for a certain politician.

With that said, we are here to discuss airlines and airplanes. The airline industry is out to make money. Ironically, they aren't very good at it. But nontheless, they are trying to do what everyone in America is trying to do. make money. if they do, great. If not, fine. If they don't feel like flying somewhere, or they havn't gotten around to it, get over it.

Maybe one day, one of you will start up an airline. One the first day of service, you'll immediately start flying to 75 destinations domestically with 150 aircraft, and then the next day, you'll start flying to 15 international destinations with 20 airplanes that aren't even certified to fly yet.

Silly people.

DM

thegooddoctor

Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:11 am

Probably more of a coincidence with the fact that major population concentrations are on the coasts - where the blue states also tend to be. Also, AZ is a big exception - B6 just added Boston NS and another JFK, and AZ is as red as it gets (with exception to our governor).
The GoodDoctor

SAIL52115

Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:22 am

Hey:

This is a ridiculous statment, plain and simple. Allow me to shoot your argument full of holes here with one word:

FLORIDA!

This state is as "red" as it gets. Save for Palm Beach/Broward/Dade counties, it's pretty red to me. After all, if a brother can't help out his sibling...

Ugh...

AussieItaliano

Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:25 am

I agree with everyone else who has called this post the biggest pile of crap ever seen. I guess NY conservatives never go to FL or CA. I suppose that Qantas must be a Communist airline now too because they offer Red E-deals.

What a dumbass!
Third Runway - LHR, Second Runway - LGW, Build Them Both!!!

jfklganyc

Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:57 am

"Hey:

This is a ridiculous statment, plain and simple. Allow me to shoot your argument full of holes here with one word:

FLORIDA!

This state is as "red" as it gets. Save for Palm Beach/Broward/Dade counties, it's pretty red to me. After all, if a brother can't help out his sibling...

Ugh..."

Not to get all political, but who the hell are you fooling?

If Florida is as red as it gets, why is it labeled a 'swing state'? Is Georgia a swing state?? Is North Carolina a swing state?? Is NY a swing state?? Is California a swing state??

No. Each one of those states is decidedly blue or red. Florida is NOT a red state.

I lived there for four years in the Orlando/Daytona area.

The I-4 corridor between Tampa, Orlando, and Daytona is a 'swing' as it gets.

Then there's the whole gold coast area from PBI to MIA. With the exception of Cubans that hate Fidel, that whole area votes Blue to.

Remember, ex NYers of Jewish descent don't vote for people named Bush.  Smile

PJ

lowecur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:02 am

Jetblue needs to be in the Midwest. I was surprised they didn't name a few 2nd tier cities, but I believe they want to see a shakeout in the next 12 months before making any commitments.

Jetblue would like to go into ORD or see cutbacks at MSP, CVG, MEM, or DTW. They are patient, and will see what happens with each airline as they try to emerge from BK.

jetdeltamsy

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:37 am

Quoting Phuebner (Thread starter):
I was looking at Jetblue's route map and thought that it was odd that there are no flights to the midwest. What is the deal?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

if they could make money in the midwest, they would already be flying to the midwest.
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.

B6JFKH81

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:48 am

I was under the impression that B6 was looking at MKE with the RJ's to start. I thought this year sometime. We can only hope.

This is true, but the E190's were also brought online to "connect the dots" so to speak. This is currently happening with connecting the cities like BOS/JFK/IAD and the like. The midwest has been mentioned quite a few times so I know they are considering some places. But once again the question is...if you select to fly out of a city, where are you going to fly to? How many other airlines fly that route now? Someone mentioned before that they wouldn't want to connect through ORD. Many people don't want to connect and that becomes another issue. I see the midwest coming, I just don't know where right now.
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"

L1329II

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:57 am

Quoting B6JFKH81 (Reply 35):
This is true, but the E190's were also brought online to "connect the dots" so to speak. This is currently happening with connecting the cities like BOS/JFK/IAD and the like. The midwest has been mentioned quite a few times so I know they are considering some places. But once again the question is...if you select to fly out of a city, where are you going to fly to? How many other airlines fly that route now? Someone mentioned before that they wouldn't want to connect through ORD. Many people don't want to connect and that becomes another issue. I see the midwest coming, I just don't know where right now.

This has been the best explanation so far. I know that MCI and STL have a lot of gate space available but there are quite a few factors involved also. Is it worth the time and $$$ to chase a "few" passengers compared to the amount of passengers on the East or West coast?

ckfred

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:58 am

From what I've read, B6 isn't interested in MDW, because it has a number of LCCs and it caters to passengers in the south and southwest suburbs.

Management feels that ORD is in need of an LCC, which, except for Spirit, doesn't exist at ORD.

The problem is that there is simply no gate space at ORD. Now, if the City could get some gates back from UA, since mainline traffic is down, or if either NW or DL liquidates, that would free up some gates. That isn't going to happen in the next few months.

Also, the FAA has capped arrivals at 88 per hour, and the cap will probably remain in effect until the 3rd east-west runway opens either in late '07 or '08, if it doesn't get tied up in court.

With the cap, I don't see how B6 could do anything beyond a few JFK-ORD round trips.

ERJ170

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:59 am

Since all the news reports state the B6 will be going "Back to their Roots" with their Original destination list.. can anyone please list the destinations not currently served which were on the list? Please and Thank you.
Aiming High and going far..

crash65

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:48 am

Quoting Jetdeltamsy (Reply 34):
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

if they could make money in the midwest, they would already be flying to the midwest.

http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/routemap_dyn.html

Agreed. Check the Southwest Route map and notice the strength they have in much of the Midwest (specifically MCI, IND, STL, and of course ORD). When a market is served by a low fare carrier it stimulates a great deal of demand that was otherwise not there. Jet Blue would be hard pressed to go into many markets already served and therefore stimulated to reap any windfall. The start up costs of the new station, and the market reality of having to win market share, as opposed to stimulating new market interest and traffic, creates a difficult environment in which to repeat the previous success Jet Blue has enjoyed.

goodmanr

Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:47 am

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. You think anyone would stay in the airline business, let alone make any money at all if they made decisions like that??

As has already been stated, most big cities vote blue, it's correlation not causation.
USAirways - Chairmans Gold

steeler83

Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:52 am

Quoting Crash65 (Reply 39):
Check the Southwest Route map and notice the strength they have in much of the Midwest (specifically MCI, IND, STL, and of course ORD).

I think you mean MDW instead of ORD for WN...

If B6 was to start serving STL, what destinations would be served? BOS, JFK, OAK, BUR, maybe another destination to PIT eventually?
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

phuebner

Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:15 am

To "J" the Gentleman who emailed me:

I would be interested in talking with you on a side note. I just have some questions that do not pertain to this string.

atct

Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:36 am

Not sure if we're Midwest or Mid-Atlantic (depends on who ya talk to). But they are starting service here @ PIT June 30th.

ATCT
Trikes are for kids!

nycflyer

Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:41 am

Neeleman = Mormon = Utah

No, B6 is not a Blue State airline.

'nuff said

phuebner

Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:43 am

Quoting NYCFlyer (Reply 44):
No, B6 is not a Blue State airline.

Did not really mean for this to go political.

aerokiwi

Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:43 am

Oh dear, paranoid much? Where do you even start to critique this kind of post? Maybe I'll just leave it to what's already been said. But still, worth a giggle - or was that the idea?

phuebner

Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:46 am

Quoting Aerokiwi (Reply 46):
But still, worth a giggle - or was that the idea?

You know, you're probably right so what the hey?

MSNtriathlete

Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:10 pm

Milwaukee and Chicago O'Hare would be reasonable, and JetBlue has already made its interests in these markets clear, but many markets in the Midwest are just too small to be profitable for an airline like JetBlue with the aircraft they have. One of the above posts mentioned Madison (my location), and if you look at our passenger demand to New York collectively, it's about 100 people/day. This is why CO has never exceeded 2 ERJ-145's per day to Newark (and stick with 1 per day most of the time). We now have 1 ERJ-145 to Newark and 1 ERJ-135 to LaGuardia on AA, and that leaves little room to fill an E-jet to JFK. I sure wish we'd see them here, but that's as unlikely as seeing a Southwest 737. If they can't make money filling one up here, they're not going to fly it here.

thegooddoctor

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:11 pm

I actually have a counterproposal - JetBlue is not as interested in Politics, as has been proposed, but I think it's a racist airline! They serve places like New York, Boston, Florida, California, Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Austin. These are all places that have very large populations of Latinos. Therefore, Jetblue is prejudiced against whites and blacks. I propose that Americans of all races, who are not latino that is, get together and we can protest outside of JFK! After all, it's about time we stood up to these money-making fools and voiced our objections to their bigotry!!
The GoodDoctor