OPNLguy
Topic Author

New Pro-Wright Amdt Group--Oh Brother!

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:16 am

There's a new pro-Wright group out there called Stop and Think, and they have a website that's supposed to be up as of 2pm today.

From an ad in today (3/21) Dallas Morning News:

It's time to stop. And think.

About Families.

Moms.

Dads.

The kids they love.

Jobs that support them.

Schools that teach them.

Families worry.

Homeowners worry.

Buisness owners worry.

If the Wright Amendment changes, what changes next?

Stop and think.
in cooperation with AmericanAirlines.

Good Lord...  Yeah sure

What's next; ads like this?

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

A340Spotter

RE: New Pro-Wright Amdt Group--Oh Brother!

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:19 am

Oh no, AA hasn't resorted to the kitten vote, have they? Me-ouch.

I think it's time that WN puts up the billboard like MCI (I think) did years ago, counting up the amount of savings if people switched from AT&T, except rebrand it as the amount that AA loses everytime it has a flight takeoff from DAL!
"Irregardless, it's a Cat III airplane, we don't need an alternate!"

seanp11

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:24 am

Quoting OPNLguy (Thread starter):
It's time to stop. And think.

About Families.

Moms.

Dads.

The kids they love.

Jobs that support them.

Schools that teach them.

Families worry.

Homeowners worry.

Buisness owners worry.

Geez... How does allowing flights carrying more than 50 pax fly anywhere in the country out of Love effect familes? Why can't AA just suck it up?

OPNLguy
Topic Author

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:32 am

Quoting A340Spotter (Reply 1):
I think it's time that WN puts up the billboard like MCI (I think) did years ago, counting up the amount of savings if people switched from AT&T, except rebrand it as the amount that AA loses everytime it has a flight takeoff from DAL!

Methinks that is exactly the crux of the matter, and why AA is so desparate to pull a FUD stunt like this...
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

lightsaber
Crew

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:06 am

Oh man.

Before this threat becomes 100+ posts of arguments, who is behind this group? It sounds more like "astroturf" than grassroots (hence the "in cooperation with American airlines bit"). If you're not familiar, "astroturf" is the nickname given to false "grassroots" movements (corporate sponsored).

At this point, I admit to becoming pessimistic about Wright being repealed. Thus, I'm wondering where the WN headquarters will move to in two or so years.  duck 

Buisness owners worry.

Business owners worry about flight access and I would think that most Dallas businesses would prefer a Wright repeal. The exception would of course be AA vendors or those who cater to AA employees.  Wink

If WN isn't working on getting a few more states exempted and a repeal of the through ticketing provisions... I would think they're silly. The local political game is nothing but a delay tactic by AA & co.

And I have no problem with AA playing the political game. Not doing so would be stupid on their part. But I would prefer to have Wright replealed and see how the free market plays out.  spin 

Lightsaber
"They did not know it was impossible, so they did it!" - Mark Twain

casinterest

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:39 am

Stop and Think

I look at stuff like this, and it makes me want to write my senator to tell him that we should repeal this FEDERAL law to let the NIMBY's work it out in the Dallas Metroplex on a CITY/COUNTY/STATE level.

If as a city/county/state they want to shut down Love, let them, but this federal law needs to go bye bye.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

goingboeing

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:46 am

Actually, I think Southwest would be better served to start rerunning some of their very old "Remember" ads - something like, "Remember when a refundable round trip ticket between Dallas and Kansas City cost $860...then show an AA jet taxiing past at DAL while the voice over says "Remember?". Then have the fully refundable fare of $240 roll up on the screen.

txagkuwait

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:48 am

Well, I know that the thought of all those dead kittens has changed my mind.

I say keep Wright and make Southwest move their flights to DFW and their Headquarters to Phoenix.

Just tell those Arizonans..."Laura Miller sent me."

luv2fly

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:48 am

Quoting Goingboeing (Reply 6):
Actually, I think Southwest would be better served to start rerunning some of their very old "Remember" ads - something like, "Remember when a refundable round trip ticket between Dallas and Kansas City cost $860...then show an AA jet taxiing past at DAL while the voice over says "Remember?". Then have the fully refundable fare of $240 roll up on the screen.

I like that idea.
You can cut the irony with a knife

atrude777

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:00 am

"Remember what it was like to book a ticket to Dallas, and empty your wallet, remember?"

"Remember what it was like to drive 40 minutes from DFW to Downtown Dallas, remember?"

just to add a few Wink

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

Mexicana757

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:06 am

Where is PETA at?? Can't wait to see their reaction, lol.

Well it shows these Pro Wright people don't even know how to do a campaign. They went on and used an image that was found on another website and that is widely used through out the internet. Southwest and the Anti-Wright supporters could have come up with the same thing. Even a five year old could have gone ont he web and found that picture and used it to sell lemonade.

OPNLguy
Topic Author

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:17 am

Quoting Mexicana757 (Reply 10):
Well it shows these Pro Wright people don't even know how to do a campaign. They went on and used an image that was found on another website and that is widely used through out the internet.

I want to make it ABSOLUTELY clear that this new pro-Wright group DID NOT use the image at the start of this thread...

Given the text and tone of their print ad, I asked the question: "What's next; ads like this?", and then adding the image that was floating around the internet from last year.

Please read carefully, and do not assume... ;

Mikey711MN

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:20 am

Well, the domain was registered by someone at Scott Howell & Company, who is obviously not acting on their own. The bulk of their work seems to be conservative political advocacy--whether or not they are hired directly by AA is unknown, but seems likely--so they are quite used to setting up things like this.

-Mike

Edit: Sure enough, in the text of Vinnie Minchillo's (the official contact listed in the registry) profile does it read that he worked at Temerlin McClain as Creative Director "on American Airlines". AA must like his work.

[Edited 2006-03-21 20:24:28]
I plan on living forever. So far, so good...

txagkuwait

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:21 am

If we're going to go back to the "Remember...." campaign, then we'll need to find us a 737-200 with one engine that smokes.

It would also be nice to put the shapely female flight attendant in the hot pants outfit as she slinks across the runway, asking (in a very sultry voice)-------Remember what it was like before Southwest Airlines???

goingboeing

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:38 am

Quoting TxAgKuwait (Reply 13):

It would also be nice to put the shapely female flight attendant in the hot pants outfit as she slinks across the runway, asking (in a very sultry voice)-------Remember what it was like before Southwest Airlines???

Lordy I miss those days! I wish they'd bring that back....scratch that...I don't think the male FA's would look that good in them.

Mexicana757

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:45 am

Quoting OPNLguy (Reply 11):

Oops my bad  embarrassed 

legion242

Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:12 am

Website up and running. And I volunteered already!!!!
Don't make me release the monkeys!!

vegasplanes

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:19 am

Stop and think.
in cooperation with AmericanAirlines.

Somebody in AA mgmt. needs to have their head examined for this one, this is so ridiculous of an ad, one would think they might just want to throw cash at it instead of actually mentioning that AA sponsers it.

I like it, put it all around the entrances and exits of DFW airport.

Quoting TxAgKuwait (Reply 13):
If we're going to go back to the "Remember...." campaign, then we'll need to find us a 737-200 with one engine that smokes.

Excellent Big grin

Got a feeling the PC types out there might go Nuts! with that one. Oh My God, a women in hot pants and go-go boots talkin sexy like. Pollution streaming for a horrible horrible machine, Ohhh The Humanity.  Wink

N908AW

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:01 am

Quoting CasInterest (Reply 5):

I look at stuff like this, and it makes me want to write my senator to tell him that we should repeal this FEDERAL law to let the NIMBY's work it out in the Dallas Metroplex on a CITY/COUNTY/STATE level.

If as a city/county/state they want to shut down Love, let them, but this federal law needs to go bye bye.

Such a pity interstate commerce is constitutionally controlled by the feds, eh?
'Cause you're on ATA again, and on ATA, you're on vacation!

ord

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:06 am

People should click on "share your concerns" on the home page and tell them the Wright Amendment should be abolished. Tell them your concerns of high airfares if Wright stays in place.

OPNLguy
Topic Author

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:06 am

Quoting N908AW (Reply 18):

Not for much longer, it would appear...  Wink

dalneighbor

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:54 am

Quoting Lightsaber (Reply 4):
Before this threat becomes 100+ posts of arguments, who is behind this group? It sounds more like "astroturf" than grassroots (hence the "in cooperation with American airlines bit"). If you're not familiar, "astroturf" is the nickname given to false "grassroots" movements (corporate sponsored).

American gave this group $500,000 and Employee time and resources to open the Dallas office. They are working on opening a Ft. Worth office.

Quoting Legion242 (Reply 16):
Website up and running. And I volunteered already!!!!

As a concerned neighbor, I think I should sign up to volunteer as well. I can't wait until they put me in charge of my neighborhood and I start going door to door to talk about the "effects" of the Wright Amendment.
Wright Amendment = Federally Engineered AA Price Gouging

AAtakeMeAway

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:57 am

Oh good lord... Have you all read those "stories" on the website? I say we bombard it with pro-wright-repeal comments of our own.

Signed,
AAtakeMeAway - a Not-so-concerned Bryan Place resident

[Edited 2006-03-22 00:18:29]

exFATboy

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:17 am

Quoting N908AW (Reply 18):

Yes, but airports are owned and managed by local or state governments, or regional bodies. Just as many train and bus terminals are.

It's called "federalism." And (perimeter rules aside) everywhere in the US except Dallas, it seems to work just fine.

I do at least give the "Stop and Think" folks credit for being open and honest about AA's sponsorship, just as the "Set Love Free" website is openly run by Southwest.

OPNLguy
Topic Author

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:32 am

Quoting AAtakeMeAway (Reply 22):
Oh good lord... Have you all read those "stories" on the website? I say we bombard it with pro-wright-repeal comments of our own.

They sure seem to all be hitting the same "bullet points" (the supposed low/slow flights, as one example), but adding pro-repeal comments would be just a waste of time. If it were a true survey site, sure, add away, but it's a pro-Wright site, not a survey site.

Looks like another half mil AA will be pissing away...  Yeah sure

ChiGB1973

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:35 am

? Me-ouch

That's good!

They're gonna wake up one morning and the runway will be dug up, just like Meigs.

M

cjpark

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:21 am

OP,

I would have expected no less from you and the rest of the drove with your comments on this organization. From your comments one would could gather that you think that only pro repeal people should be able to voice their opinions.

Keep up the good work guys.
"Any airline that wants to serve the [region] can go to DFW today and fly anywhere they want," WN spokesman Ed Stewart

seanp11

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:25 am

Quoting Cjpark (Reply 26):
OP,

I would have expected no less from you and the rest of the drove with your comments on this organization. From your comments one would could gather that you think that only pro repeal people should be able to voice their opinions.

Keep up the good work guys.

Since when has the pro repeal side been using strawman arguments as to why wright should be repealed?

Boeing7E7

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:38 am

Wow... One site, unlike these sites:

http://www.fightwright.org/

http://www.setlovefree.com/

http://www.righttofly.org/

Free speech. Move on peoples.

seanp11

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:41 am

At least they present a valid argument, not a strawman (omg the families are in trouble if wright is repealed).

OPNLguy
Topic Author

Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:17 pm

Quoting Seanp11 (Reply 29):
At least they present a valid argument, not a strawman (omg the families are in trouble if wright is repealed).

That's precisely my point, which the other two gents can't seem to see. It's not the fact that there's a new pro-Wright site out there--bring them on--it's the fact that they took such a comical, over-the-top FUD approach to the topic... (Lions, tigers, and bears--Oh my!)  eyepopping 

Mitch Schnurman called them on it as well...

http://blogs.dfw.com/schnurmanator/

cjpark

Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:34 pm

Quoting OPNLguy (Reply 30):
That's precisely my point, which the other two gents can't seem to see. It's not the fact that there's a new pro-Wright site out there--bring them on--it's the fact that they took such a comical, over-the-top FUD approach to the topic... (Lions, tigers, and bears--Oh my!)

Mitch Schnurman called them on it as well...

http://blogs.dfw.com/schnurmanator/

Well if schurman said it then it must be true.

I wonder how much WN is paying him for his opinion?
"Any airline that wants to serve the [region] can go to DFW today and fly anywhere they want," WN spokesman Ed Stewart

stirling

Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:34 pm

Rafael Rodriguez also shared his concerns stating, “I have lived in Dallas for over 54 years. As a kid, I can remember having to stop running during recess while planes flew overhead.

?????

Well then by all means, keep the Wright in place...we wouldn't want people to not be able to, uh, run......

Stephen McReynolds, a member of the Army National Guard and a father from Ft. Worth, was on hand to voice his concerns about the possible economic impact surrounding this issue stating, “I recently returned to the Forth Worth area to be near family and because of the potential job opportunities here. Living in Ft. Worth, I have concerns about what impact changes to the Wright Amendment could mean on jobs in our community.

Dear Mr. McReynolds: FedEx is hiring at AFW.
Delete this User

incitatus

Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:45 pm

Let's see... why worry? This photo helps.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Gary Chambers

Southwest makes poor airport choices. However, none of the pro-Southwest folks want to be reminded that overshooting a runway at Love Field is also a possibility. They rather draw silly cat sketches to ridicule the concerns of the people who live around Southwest HQ though.
Stop pop up ads

incitatus

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:23 pm

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 34):
I hope you know, and can see in your own photo that DAL has adequate over-run areas.

Don't think so? Ask the FAA.

Check the lower right side.

Next months headline on th Stop & Think site: DAL causes GLOBAL WARMING, CANCER, & Aliens to shove their ovadepositors down your throat and lay their eggs in your stomach!!!!

Are you implying an alien will insert his penis in my throat? That will likely get you a suspension from posting in a.net.
Stop pop up ads

OPNLguy
Topic Author

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:45 pm

Next months headline on th Stop & Think site: DAL causes GLOBAL WARMING, CANCER, & Aliens to shove their ovadepositors down your throat and lay their eggs in your stomach!!!!

rotfl  Did you get a peek at stop-and-think's top-secret "Master Plan" or something?  Wink

Quoting Incitatus (Reply 35):
Are you implying an alien will insert his penis in my throat? That will likely get you a suspension from posting in a.net.

I think he probably meant "ovipositors", and since "ovi" indicates "egg" that would imply the female of the species (i.e. no penis). Sorry to dash your hopes there, of getting him suspended, that is...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ovipositors

Quoting Incitatus (Reply 33):
They rather draw silly cat sketches

That doctored cat photo has been floating around the internet for at least a year, although, like many internet items, its exact origins are unknown. If you have definitive proof that someone at SWA created it, then by all means, share it with us, otherwise we'll just take that as your assumption...

OPNLguy
Topic Author

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:56 pm

I hope you know, and can see in your own photo that DAL has adequate over-run areas.

Don't think so? Ask the FAA.

You're both right, but the devil's in the details versus a general statement.

Runways 13L and 13R; yes.

Runways 31L and 31R; no. I suspect you'll see EMAS installations in the future, and that will be the end of that issue...

tismfu

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:02 pm

They rather draw silly cat sketches to ridicule the concerns of the people who live around Southwest HQ though.

I've never seen that... is there a link?

Thanks.

OPNLguy
Topic Author

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:07 pm

Quoting Tismfu (Reply 38):
I've never seen that... is there a link?

It's not a sketch--he's referring to the doctored photo at the top of the thread...

SonOfACaptain

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:16 pm

Quoting Mexicana757 (Reply 10):
Well it shows these Pro Wright people don't even know how to do a campaign

Can you kindly explain to me why you would generalize all the pro-Wrighters because of this one website? Sorry about that, but something just doesn't add up.  sarcastic 

Quoting OPNLguy (Reply 24):
Looks like another half mil AA will be pissing away...

Sorry for this bud, I am sure you're a nice guy with good intentions, BUT WOULD YOU STOP YOUR AA HATING! I know you don't agree with them, and I know you support WN, but stop placing the blame on AA for everything. It is like hardcore democrats and republicans who only think their party is correct, and the other is wrong. It is annoying. Same goes with everybody, on both sides of the W.A. debate.

Quoting Boeing7E7 (Reply 28):
Wow... One site, unlike these sites:

http://www.fightwright.org/

http://www.setlovefree.com/

http://www.righttofly.org/

Free speech. Move on peoples.

*Stands up an applause*

Now, I don't know why I have to stand up and applause for such a small thing like this, because it is so obvious, but you guys forced me to.

Boeing7E7, now I would say "well-said", but I personally think that what you said was only common sense, and that everybody should have understood that, so it wasn't something spectacular. (But I guess it is somehow.) I do hope you don't take offence to that.  wink 

Let's see... why worry? This photo helps.

Naw, that has nothing to do with it.

Quoting Seanp11 (Reply 29):

But I have seen some pretty weak arguments in the other websites too...

Quoting Cjpark (Reply 31):
Well if schurman said it then it must be true.

No no, you got it all wrong. It is not if "Schurman said it, it must be true," it is if "Anti-Wrighters said it, it must be true."  sarcastic 

Quoting Cjpark (Reply 26):
From your comments one would could gather that you think that only pro repeal people should be able to voice their opinions.

Well, isn't that what it is suppose to be?  sarcastic 

Quoting TxAgKuwait (Reply 7):
Just tell those Arizonans..."Laura Miller sent me."

And if WN is childish enough to do it, tell them I sent them to. I am not going to allow WN to push aroung Dallas the way they are doing. Take you women-like bickerings somewhere else. You too AA.

-SOAC
Non Illegitimi Carborundum

OPNLguy
Topic Author

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:27 pm

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 40):
I am sure you're a nice guy with good intentions,

You got that part right...

BUT WOULD YOU STOP YOUR AA HATING! I know you don't agree with them, and I know you support WN, but stop placing the blame on AA for everything.

...but where have I said I "hated" AA? Have I ever used the words "hate" and "AA" in the same sentence? I haven't, because I don't. I simply made a statement reflecting that my opinion was that they're wasting $$$. Now, exactly how you managed to twist that into my supposed personal "hate" for all 30 or 40 thousand employees that make up AA is beyond me, but your assumptions are way off...

I am not going to allow WN to push aroung Dallas the way they are doing. Take you women-like bickerings somewhere else. You too AA.

Bad Kelly! Bad Arpey! Bad! Bad! (That'll show them...)  Yeah sure

[Edited 2006-03-22 06:30:44]

stirling

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:12 pm

Southwest makes poor airport choices

I'd like to see a list of Southwest poor airport choices.
How is such a determination made? And Who makes it? Because if its passengers....I really can't see how any airport Southwest has chosen could be considered a "Poor Choice".

However, none of the pro-Southwest folks want to be reminded that overshooting a runway at Love Field is also a possibility

OK Ned Flanders....we can't very well place every airport in the middle of nowhere...Remember, DFW was in the middle of nowhere when innocent civilians lost their lives.

stop placing the blame on AA for everything

Well, since AA put up the cash for this flimsy campaign...why can't we blame AA?
"I'd like to go jogging, but I can't, because Airplanes are flying overhead!"

I will blame AA for such a ridiculous argument, since they paid for it.
Delete this User

incitatus

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:52 pm

Quoting Stirling (Reply 41):
I'd like to see a list of Southwest poor airport choices.

Start with Midway, where Southwest crammed as many flights as possible and more accidents could happen.

Quoting Stirling (Reply 41):
OK Ned Flanders....we can't very well place every airport in the middle of nowhere...Remember, DFW was in the middle of nowhere when innocent civilians lost their lives.

Why resort to ridicule - no arguments? Cities grow, airports get added and closed because of development.

Reality is there are 90,000 residents in the noise footprint of Love Field. Southwest's HQ is right there and Southwest doesn't want to hear about those people's concerns. Bad neighbor.
Stop pop up ads

txagkuwait

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:41 am

>>Reality is there are 90,000 residents in the noise footprint of Love Field.<<

And the noise from the MD 80s and the private/corporate jet aircraft make it impossible to hear the engines of the 737-300s,500s, and 700s.

But any sound you hear from aircraft will easily be drowned out by the wailing and gnashing of teeth is the folks with the 737s decide to pack up and move their corporate headquarters to Phoenix or somesuch, taking the tax revenues from their domiciled aircraft and the salaries of all their General Office personnel with them.

Just a thought.

dalneighbor

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:49 am

Quoting Incitatus (Reply 42):
Reality is there are 90,000 residents in the noise footprint of Love Field. Southwest's HQ is right there and Southwest doesn't want to hear about those people's concerns. Bad neighbor.

Bull honkey-tonk. Southwest is an excellent neighbor. I've been speaking with my Dallas city councilman and there is overwhelming support for a repeal throughout Dallas and even in the immediate areas surrounding DAL.

The assertion from those of you who do not live next to DAL or even in Dallas that the neighbors hate WN and do not want a repeal is absolutely FALSE.
Wright Amendment = Federally Engineered AA Price Gouging

tismfu

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:12 am

Quoting OPNLguy (Reply 38):
It's not a sketch--he's referring to the doctored photo at the top of the thread...

Wow... I'm slow.

Thanks. Don't know what I was thinking...

OPNLguy
Topic Author

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:20 am

Quoting Tismfu (Reply 45):
Wow... I'm slow.

No you're not; Incitatus just described it as one thing when it was another, hence your confusion...

No big deal...

cjpark

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:24 am

Quoting DALNeighbor (Reply 44):
Bull honkey-tonk. Southwest is an excellent neighbor. I've been speaking with my Dallas city councilman and there is overwhelming support for a repeal throughout Dallas and even in the immediate areas surrounding DAL.

The assertion from those of you who do not live next to DAL or even in Dallas that the neighbors hate WN and do not want a repeal is absolutely FALSE.

OK I will bite. Who is your council member then? Hunt, Medrano or Rasansky?

incitatus

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:41 am

Quoting Txagkuwait (Reply 43):
And the noise from the MD 80s and the private/corporate jet aircraft make it impossible to hear the engines of the 737-300s,500s, and 700s.

Mind you the owners of those MD80s and corporate aircraft are not pushing for the repeal of restrictions at the airport. And the only reason Love Field is seeing MD80s is due to the continued effort by Southwest Airlines to repeal such restrictions.

Quoting DALNeighbor (Reply 44):

Southwest is an awful neighbor: noise, pollution, traffic.
Here is MORE proof: When Southwest retired most 737-200s, where did it consolidate 737-200 service? At Love Field in detriment of the 90,000 people who had to suffer through their take offs.

Quoting Txagkuwait (Reply 43):
the folks with the 737s decide to pack up and move their corporate headquarters to Phoenix or somesuch, taking the tax revenues from their domiciled aircraft and the salaries of all their General Office personnel with them.

You know, that reminds me of the first posting in this thread. Every time somebody dares to question Southwest's stance on Love Field, some Southwest supporter pulls out the doom card. All great fake numbers rolled out on these threads about how important Southwest is to Dallas get demolished by a simple inspection of city budget documents available on the web. Southwest will do Dallas a favor if it goes.
Stop pop up ads

OPNLguy
Topic Author

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:00 am

Great article in the New York Times today (3/22)....

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/22/bu...?_r=1&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

Shouldn't require registration, but www.bugmetnot if does...