fly2yyz

Icelandair To YHZ?!

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:52 am

Hey Everyone,

I was on the YHZ website and looking at the departures page and noticed this flight:
Icelandair FI 989 Reykjavik 22:05 22:05 On Time 26

I know that Icelandair has stopped services into YHZ besides cargo, so does anyone know what this flight was about? THought it could be a charter but arent they usually 4 digit flight numbers?

Hope someone can help with this one,

Cheers,
Johan

pilottim747

RE: Icelandair To YHZ?!

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:11 am

Its a charter flight. ICE988 flew KEF-YHZ-HAV so I assume HAV-YHZ-KEF is tonight.

Quoting Fly2YYZ (Thread starter):

I know that Icelandair has stopped services into YHZ besides cargo, so does anyone know what this flight was about? THought it could be a charter but arent they usually 4 digit flight numbers?

Last month an Icelandair charter made a technical stop in MSP en route to EGE. It was a three digit flight number as well. It might have to do with who's chartering the flight.

pilottim747
Aviation Photographers & Enthusiasts--Coordinate your life.

Hagic

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:26 am

It would be awesome having FI in Canada, especially for connections to Scandinavia. I've flown Iceland Air a couple of times to CPH and ARN, but everytime I have to flight out of BOS, their closest destination for me. I don't really mind, though: the layover in Reykjavik and surroundings is definitely worth it!

We need you in Canada Iceland Air!
There's only one freedom of the press: The one of the survivors - (G. Arciniegas)

fly2yyz

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:22 am

Quoting Hagic (Reply 2):
It would be awesome having FI in Canada, especially for connections to Scandinavia. I've flown Iceland Air a couple of times to CPH and ARN, but everytime I have to flight out of BOS, their closest destination for me. I don't really mind, though: the layover in Reykjavik and surroundings is definitely worth it!

We need you in Canada Iceland Air!

I agree with you on that! Icelandair used to fly to YHZ, but I think nowadays it would make a niche market for YYZ or YUL possibly with onward connections to Europe.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos