fly2yyz

Icelandair To YHZ?!

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:52 am

Hey Everyone,

I was on the YHZ website and looking at the departures page and noticed this flight:
Icelandair FI 989 Reykjavik 22:05 22:05 On Time 26

I know that Icelandair has stopped services into YHZ besides cargo, so does anyone know what this flight was about? THought it could be a charter but arent they usually 4 digit flight numbers?

Hope someone can help with this one,

Cheers,
Johan

pilottim747

RE: Icelandair To YHZ?!

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:11 am

Its a charter flight. ICE988 flew KEF-YHZ-HAV so I assume HAV-YHZ-KEF is tonight.

Quoting Fly2YYZ (Thread starter):

I know that Icelandair has stopped services into YHZ besides cargo, so does anyone know what this flight was about? THought it could be a charter but arent they usually 4 digit flight numbers?

Last month an Icelandair charter made a technical stop in MSP en route to EGE. It was a three digit flight number as well. It might have to do with who's chartering the flight.

pilottim747
Aviation Photographers & Enthusiasts--Coordinate your life.

Hagic

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:26 am

It would be awesome having FI in Canada, especially for connections to Scandinavia. I've flown Iceland Air a couple of times to CPH and ARN, but everytime I have to flight out of BOS, their closest destination for me. I don't really mind, though: the layover in Reykjavik and surroundings is definitely worth it!

We need you in Canada Iceland Air!
There's only one freedom of the press: That of the survivors - (G. Arciniegas)

fly2yyz

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:22 am

Quoting Hagic (Reply 2):
It would be awesome having FI in Canada, especially for connections to Scandinavia. I've flown Iceland Air a couple of times to CPH and ARN, but everytime I have to flight out of BOS, their closest destination for me. I don't really mind, though: the layover in Reykjavik and surroundings is definitely worth it!

We need you in Canada Iceland Air!

I agree with you on that! Icelandair used to fly to YHZ, but I think nowadays it would make a niche market for YYZ or YUL possibly with onward connections to Europe.