redneckslim

In-Flight Mourge On A-380 A Reality

Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:06 am

Anyone have any photos on this two bay cooler that I have read threds on this site before. I wonder if all ships will have this, or just the high density super long haul units.

777STL

RE: In-Flight Mourge On A-380 A Reality

Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:11 am

Quoting Redneckslim (Thread starter):
Anyone have any photos on this two bay cooler that I have read threds on this site before. I wonder if all ships will have this, or just the high density super long haul units.

It's probably a customer option, if it's true. The term morgue is a bit of a misnomer, from the pictures I've seen of the 340, it's nothing more than a slide out "gurney" that retracts into what amounts to a glorified cabinet. A lot like those drawers you see in crime dramas and hospital shows.
PHX based

georgiaame

Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:09 am

I would be more interested in seeing the crew rest area. Of course, when you fly with a morbid 16 year old teenager on a non stop LAX-SIN flight, and you have exhausted all the movies, and still have 8 hours to fly, it isn't easy pulling him out of the "morgue" compartment while not getting noticed by the flight crew...

Yup, true story. Of course pulling a live person out of the compartment beats stuffing a dead one in any day in my book.
"Trust, but verify!" An old Russian proverb, quoted often by a modern American hero

vincewy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:40 am

How about a locked, self-confinement (like a jail cell) unit in the cargo deck for unruly passenger(s), this way it won't ruin the flight experience for other passengers.

KROC

Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:54 am

Quoting Vincewy (Reply 3):
How about a locked, self-confinement (like a jail cell) unit in the cargo deck for unruly passenger(s), this way it won't ruin the flight experience for other passengers.

How about a court room in the cargo hold as well? Airlines can have the Flight Attendents double as jurors if needed.

In reality, airlines are not going to use space on a Brig, even if its a small one.

afay1

Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:00 am

Hehe, Singapore Airlines could call their inflight icebox the "KrisMorgue" and have their famous stewardesses do a grand send off!

zvezda

Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:04 am

Quoting Vincewy (Reply 3):

That won't work for the same reason small children can't be transported with the pets: There is no way to evacuate them in 90 seconds.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos