Mudboy
Topic Author

AA 757 Exit Rows

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:10 am

I'm taking my Nephew to NYC next weekend on AA via DFW. My DFW-JFK segment is on a 757. Are they really as bad as everyone says? What can I expect? Also, is it worth trying to get an exit row seat? If you show up early, can you get one, any tips if I check in at a Kiosk to get one, and my Nephew is 16, is he old enough to sit on a exit row?

jacobin777

RE: AA 757 Exit Rows

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:23 am

Quoting Mudboy (Thread starter):
I'm taking my Nephew to NYC next weekend on AA via DFW. My DFW-JFK segment is on a 757. Are they really as bad as everyone says? What can I expect? Also, is it worth trying to get an exit row seat? If you show up early, can you get one, any tips if I check in at a Kiosk to get one, and my Nephew is 16, is he old enough to sit on a exit row?

I flew DFW-JFK last summer, the 757 seats are a bit worn off but no biggie...

emergency exit rows are usually taken by the elites, but if you are there early enough, and they are open, you can request them......regardless of your AA status (gold, platinum, etc), your nephew will have to be of a certain age to sit in the emergency exit rows (somewhere around 13 years of age I think, possibly older).............

the seats are definitely much better (in terms of space) than the other seats...if you can get them, I would certainly go for them..

check this link..will give you more information.... Smile

http://seatguru.com/airlines/American_Airlines/information.php
"Up the Irons!"

ba747

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:25 am

Hey Mudboy I specially love the 757 and AA ones are great. Yes, if you can showed up early and try to get the emergency exit seat it will be good. You will have more leg room that the rest of the aircraft. If your nephew is 16 he should have no problem at all. I hope this help.

Alex
The World`s Favorite Airline

American 767

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:25 am

I wouldn't say so. I personnaly don't find the American 757's that bad, they are just as comfortable as any other aircraft in economy class. True, there is no More Room Throughout Coach on the B757 aircraft, but I don't think you would feel cramped in Coach. If you have a long flight then yes, it is worth to get an exit row. Don't forget that there are still two different configs of the B757 aircraft at American:
1. 757-223's delivered to American factory fresh, there are two overwing exits on each side of the aircraft.
2. Ex-TWA 757's which have no overwing exit. Those are to be phased out if not this year, next year.
Enjoy your flight  Smile

Ben Soriano
Ben Soriano

aa61hvy

Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:19 am

I was on an Ex-TWA 757 last week (DFW-MCO). It's a typical 757; it had different seats from the AA 757's that I remember but it was typical 757 seating
Go big or go home

stlgph

Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:45 pm

The seats have more legroom in front but they don't have the window luxury. You are given a *SMALL* little peep hole to look through that is greatly distorted. If you're flying a longer or interesting route it really can be a damper. I typically usually just try to get the seat when I want to stretch out for a bit and I'm flying up to Chicago, a route I've done and seen the scenery for numerous times.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

FlyDeltaJets

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:30 pm

At DL you cant only get the exit row seat from the gate agent anf it is 15 and up for exit row seating. You can get bulkhead from the kiosk though.
The only valid opinions are those based in facts

LMP737

Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:13 am

On a little side note AA is replaceing the older light blue covers on the coach seats with the dark blue ones. Yes it's the same seat but at least it looks better.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

lincoln

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:32 am

Quoting FlyDeltaJets (Reply 6):
At DL you cant only get the exit row seat from the gate agent anf it is 15 and up for exit row seating. You can get bulkhead from the kiosk though.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you... I got an exit row on DL from a res agent (without even trying--all I wanted was a window seat and "all he could offer" was an exit row or bulkhead)...Since then, my dad (who is 6'9") has also gotten exit rows simply by calling and asking.
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

aa757first

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:49 am

and my Nephew is 16, is he old enough to sit on a exit row?

Yes.

Quoting Lincoln (Reply 8):
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you... I got an exit row on DL from a res agent (without even trying--all I wanted was a window seat and "all he could offer" was an exit row or bulkhead)

So you didn't get it from a self-service kiosk, which is what FlyDeltaJets was saying...

AAndrew

deltairlines

Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:20 am

Quoting Aa757first (Reply 9):
Quoting Lincoln (Reply 8):
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you... I got an exit row on DL from a res agent (without even trying--all I wanted was a window seat and "all he could offer" was an exit row or bulkhead)

So you didn't get it from a self-service kiosk, which is what FlyDeltaJets was saying...

I had gotten exit rows from the kiosk before on Delta back before I was Medallion.

Jeff