jumbojet

KE Wireless In Flight Internet Service Good?

Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:59 pm

Has anyone experienced the KE inflight internet experience yet? Is it worth the $26.00 for the entire flight from JFK to ICN? What I mean by that is, for the most part, is the service uninterrupted and the speed is decent by today's standards? Can you access websites like you were at home and on the internet? According to KE website, my flight, KE #82 and then returning KE # 81 have this in flight internet service. thanks  Smile

HeeseokKoo

RE: KE Wireless In Flight Internet Service Good?

Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:56 am

During flight over east Russia (about 2 hours), internet service might not accessible. About the internet speed, I've never experienced yet but I heard that it is not that as fast as at home. At home (in Korea), it is usually 2~10Mbps while CBB is only about 150Kbps (this is optimized speed, so maybe less than 150). But they say that doing messenger or searching simple pages are OK. I think some heavy pages like a.net homepage will take more than 10~20 seconds to open it all.

I guess you will be able to enjoy AVOD at all classes on 081/082, check it out through your local KAL office. If AVOD is available on those flights, that will be much funnier than slow internet.