phuebner

Finally Some Growth At MCI

Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:39 am

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/business/14181863.htm

My hometown airport is finally getting some business.
Remember this, Your Body is a temple Not a pull toy!

isitsafenow

RE: Finally Some Growth At MCI

Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:03 am

As long as the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce keeps bring in conventions, traffic and boardings at MCI will keep growing.
safe
If two people agree on EVERYTHING, then one isn't necessary.

foxecho

Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:09 am

My Kingdom for a 757 (or 2) that are not diverts!

Andrew
JFK/MEM/MCI
..uh, we'll need that to live......

MCIFlyer

Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:27 am

Quoting Foxecho (Reply 2):
My Kingdom for a 757 (or 2) that are not diverts!

Then give up said Kingdom for UA from MCI to/from DEN! They run a number of 752s on that route.  Smile

L1329II

Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:02 am

Quoting Isitsafenow (Reply 1):
As long as the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce keeps bring in conventions, traffic and boardings at MCI will keep growing.
safe

Bingo! I think KCMO and KCK need to do more to "better" the image of this area to attract more people. A relative of mine just came off a cruise from from FLL and the first thing she said was "I can see the terminal here has been remodeled but when I step off this plane I still think KC is a dump! MCI looks like an overgrown bus station." Her words not mine but its true.

We need more O&D traffic! Maybe another hometown airline???
"By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

phuebner

Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:47 am

Quoting L1329II (Reply 4):
MCI looks like an overgrown bus station

I don't think airports have a lot to do with how one person views a city. I think if that was true every city will probably be in trouble and if that person decided that a city was a dump because of the terminal....well. A native Kansas Citian that I am has a different view of that city. I talk to alot of people who think that KC has nothing going for it but then the few that visit that city are always surprised how beautiful it is. The plaza, Nelson Art Gallery, etc. makes it one of the best. Essentially, L132911, you're right. Both cities are doing a piss poor job getting the word out on the beauty of KC.

foxecho

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:01 am

Quoting MCIFlyer (Reply 3):
Then give up said Kingdom for UA from MCI to/from DEN! They run a number of 752s on that route.

ya dude  Smile only I wish my airline/employer would put some 757s into MCI like they used to... hehe

We do manage to fill up most MD-88s and 738s every day, not to mention the RJ's to MCO!

Andrew
JFK/MEM/MCI

phuebner

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:05 am

Quoting Foxecho (Reply 6):
We do manage to fill up most MD-88s and 738s every day, not to mention the RJ's to MCO

I remember when I lived there that airlines flying out of there always had full planes.

MCIB757

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:33 am

I read that article today too, yes its great to finally see some growth, i really like that YX continues to expand and i hope they do really well with the new routes.

As far as the image goes, its a interesting situation, esp between KS and MO. But the airport is so far out of town, KC doesnt look like much, but its getting a lot better with finally a lot growth around there, Zona Rose etc.... But i do think KC's beauty is underappreciated.....and really lack a lot of recognition....but that could all change for the better with the April 4 vote which would get us the Superbowl and MLB All-star game. But who knows what the voters of Jackson county will do.....but if they vote no, expect the Chiefs to move to KS
"God bless catastrophe..."

MCIGuy

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:36 am

Greeting!
I am new here, this is my very first post. I've been lurking for quite some time now, but this thread prompted me to finally go ahead and join.  Smile
Airliners.net Moderator Team

phuebner

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:40 am

Quoting MCIGuy (Reply 9):
Greeting!
I am new here, this is my very first post. I've been lurking for quite some time now, but this thread prompted me to finally go ahead and join

Glad to finally convince you to join.  bigthumbsup 

Quoting MCIB757 (Reply 8):
But the airport is so far out of town

I think KC was smart in putting it that far out. It prevented issues that SAN and LAX are having.

MCIGuy

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:50 am

I remember a lot of widebody traffic at MCI when I was a kid. DC-10's and Tristars were an every day thing. I don't think MCI ever got 747 traffic, except empty to the TWA overhaul base.
I came in from ORD on a UA 733 last November and was shocked to see a Hawaiian 763 at the gate. I have no idea what it was doing here. Too bad my camera was stowed.  Sad
BTW, I took that UA 752 flight from DEN a couple of years ago. It was in the middle of a blizzard and it was some ride.

I may be a little biased, but I think MCI is wonderful airport. The round terminals are somewhat unique these days and you can easily go straight from the gate to the curb. Too bad it's underutilized, though.

MCIB757

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:50 am

Quoting Phuebner (Reply 10):
I think KC was smart in putting it that far out. It prevented issues that SAN and LAX are having.

Yea i suppose....but i dont see KC growing very much beyone what we have now.....and they also guessed wrong on were the growth of city would go...airport is on the north side, but the south grew, but north is starting too.

MCIB757

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:54 am

Quoting MCIGuy (Reply 11):
I came in from ORD on a UA 733 last November and was shocked to see a Hawaiian 763 at the gate. I have no idea what it was doing here. Too bad my camera was stowed

Im pretty sure the Hated Oakland Raiders usually fly in on Hawaiin 763, so that my be why it was there, i think we played them in November..

phuebner

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:55 am

Quoting MCIB757 (Reply 12):
Yea i suppose....but i dont see KC growing very much beyone what we have now.....and they also guessed wrong on were the growth of city would go...airport is on the north side, but the south grew, but north is starting too

I think an adequate transportation system will certainly help out those issues, but KC Council will probably never do it. I thought that the City council was the worse I've seen until I moved to San Diego.

MCIGuy

Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:12 am

Quoting MCIB757 (Reply 13):
Im pretty sure the Hated Oakland Raiders usually fly in on Hawaiin 763, so that my be why it was there, i think we played them in November..

Ah, makes sense. I forgot about "Raida week".  
Still, I couldn't believe my eyes. About the only widebody traffic we get anymore is ala UPS and FedEx.

On a side note, Whiteman AFB is only 50 miles away, so we get an impromptu air show from the B-2 bombers once in a while.  

[Edited 2006-03-26 01:31:23]

[Edited 2006-03-26 01:33:37]

isitsafenow

Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:40 am

Welcome "GUY"..
When the bond was passed in Dec 66 there was serious talk about a rail or monorail along I-29 from MCI to the city.
The cost was way too much even in the late 60's.
I used to work at MKC years ago but still get back to MCI three or four times a year....was there twice in 10 days a couple of weeks ago....NW DC-9's at your service..
safe
If two people agree on EVERYTHING, then one isn't necessary.

MCIGuy

Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:45 am

Quoting Isitsafenow (Reply 16):
Welcome "GUY"..

Thanks!
I'm actually just old enough to have flown out of MKC on a 707. My mom tells me it was a scary experience with the river's proximity, but I just remember it was a lot of fun.
 Smile

MCIB757

Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:52 am

Quoting MCIGuy (Reply 15):
Still, I couldn't believe my eyes. About the only widebody traffic we get anymore is ala UPS and FedEx.

On a side note, Whiteman AFB is only 50 miles away, so we get an impromptu air show from the B-2 bombers once in a while.

I know what you mean....widebodies are really hard to come by....and there is no expierecne like riding your bike in the park, looking up and seeing the B-2, a sight that will never get old and something i will never forget

Bobster2

Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:56 am

What's going to be done with the site of old long term parking lot? It looks like they removed the pavement. Are they building something new?

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Gary Chambers

"I tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison

blhp68

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:23 am

Quoting Bobster2 (Reply 19):
What's going to be done with the site of old long term parking lot? It looks like they removed the pavement. Are they building something new?

They are constructing the new consolidated rental car facility, the last segment of the bond improvements

WesternA318

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Quoting Phuebner (Reply 5):
The plaza, Nelson Art Gallery, etc. makes it one of the best. Essentially, L132911, you're right. Both cities are doing a piss poor job getting the word out on the beauty of KC.

Amen, it has been a few years since Ive been back, I wonder if AA has kept the maintenance facility in the shape TWA had it in, or have they mothballed it?

Quoting MCIGuy (Reply 9):
Greeting!
I am new here, this is my very first post. I've been lurking for quite some time now, but this thread prompted me to finally go ahead and join.

Welcome to A.net, MCIGuy! Now sit back, relax, fasten your seatbelt and stow your tray table in the armrest while your smiling TWA/PSA/Any airline you like flight attendant serves you your hard liquor, lol!

I remember a lot of widebody traffic at MCI when I was a kid. DC-10's and Tristars were an every day thing. I don't think MCI ever got 747 traffic, except empty to the TWA overhaul base.

We used to have most of our ferry flights bring pax as well up until 1995-6 or so. Nothing like taking a 747SP from JFK to MCI though, lol!  cloudnine 
Check out my blog at fl310travel.blogspot.com!

MCIGuy

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:45 am

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 21):
We used to have most of our ferry flights bring pax as well up until 1995-6 or so. Nothing like taking a 747SP from JFK to MCI though, lol!

Wow, I did not know that. That does sound nice.  Wink
I was fortunate enough to be there for the Concorde's visit in 1978. That was quite an experience for an 11 year-old aviation nut.  Big grin

WesternA318

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:51 am

Back in 1987, one of our L-1011's crapped an engine inflight and came straight to MCI. From what my cousin who used to work at the gates in MCI said, "You try rebooking 200+ pax on a routing of MCI-STL where the biggest plane we had at the time was a 727-200!

phuebner

Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:39 pm

I wonder if AA has kept the maintenance facility in the shape TWA had it in, or have they mothballed it?

Hey WesternA318, good to talk with you again.  Smile

I'm not for sure if AA did any upgrades or repairs to the base but they are keeping it open and utilizing it. If I'm not mistaken, they use the base to repair their 767's and some of their RJ's. The link below talks about further use of the base to make it into a "profit center", the subject I think I am going to use...somehow, for my Master's thesis.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060209/dath032.html?.v=38

WesternA318

Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:06 pm

Quoting Phuebner (Reply 24):
I'm not for sure if AA did any upgrades or repairs to the base but they are keeping it open and utilizing it. If I'm not mistaken, they use the base to repair their 767's and some of their RJ's. The link below talks about further use of the base to make it into a "profit center", the subject I think I am going to use...somehow, for my Master's thesis.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060209/d....v=38

Thanks Phuebner, What are you studying?

phuebner

Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:25 pm

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 25):
Thanks Phuebner, What are you studying?

I am getting my M.A.S. in Aviation Management and Aviation Safety from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. After that, I am thinking about getting my PhD in Management.

NWDC10

Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:30 pm

MCIGuy From United States, joined Mar 2006, 5 posts. I am new here, this is my very first post. I see this alot.Robert NWDC10

WesternA318

Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:30 pm

Rock on, and good luck with that! Maybe you'll be the next Gordon Bethune/Doug Parker!

phuebner

Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:35 pm

Maybe I can bring TWA back and buy out AA.

WesternA318

Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:40 pm

Quoting Phuebner (Reply 29):
Maybe I can bring TWA back and buy out AA.

Screw the buying out AA bit, lol. Where can I apply for this? I'll give up my life savings and whats left of my college acccount for it!

MCIFlyer

Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:31 pm

I don't think airports have a lot to do with how one person views a city. I think if that was true every city will probably be in trouble and if that person decided that a city was a dump because of the terminal....well. A native Kansas Citian that I am has a different view of that city. I talk to alot of people who think that KC has nothing going for it but then the few that visit that city are always surprised how beautiful it is. The plaza, Nelson Art Gallery, etc. makes it one of the best.

Couldn't agree more. I've heard nothing but positive things from people who have come to visit me...about not only the city, but MCI as well. I still love the airport for many reasons - but most of all, it's FAST. No wasted time in line at the counter, at security, holding on the ramp, retreiving luggage, etc.

Quoting MCIB757 (Reply 8):
But i do think KC's beauty is underappreciated.....and really lack a lot of recognition....but that could all change for the better with the April 4 vote which would get us the Superbowl and MLB All-star game. But who knows what the voters of Jackson county will do.....but if they vote no, expect the Chiefs to move to KS

Good riddance. As a Jackson County voter who is more than tempted to turn down another sales tax to for an already wealthy team, I'll be delighted to wave 'bye bye!' if they go to Johnson or Wyandotte County. They'll still be the "Kansas City Chiefs". What would they call them? The Overland Park Chiefs? The Lenexa Chiefs? The KCKC? Superbowls and All-Star games are one time events. Okay. Off subject. Maybe it would increase use of MCI for a few days!  Smile

I came in from ORD on a UA 733 last November and was shocked to see a Hawaiian 763 at the gate. I have no idea what it was doing here. Too bad my camera was stowed

Welcome MCIGuy! Nice username! I feel like I've seen a DL 767 on occasion at the gates at MCI...can anyone here explain why? Positioning flight?

Quoting Phuebner (Reply 14):
I think an adequate transportation system will certainly help out those issues, but KC Council will probably never do it. I thought that the City council was the worse I've seen until I moved to San Diego.

It's not really up to the City Council to decide public transportation systems. That's the job of the public, the Mid America Regional Council, the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority, and the voters, who (unfortunately) have turned down light rail and other expansions like it at least twice. I sure would love quick and reasonably priced public transportation to the airport...but the current bus ride would make me transfer at least once downtown, if not twice (near Barry Road) and would take 3 times as long as driving. But it would save in parking, huh?

MCI is a great airport. It's waaaaay up North....but it's a great facility nonetheless. I always enjoy coming home to it after a short or a long trip...and being able to deplane, grab my bags, and be at my car in long-term parking all within about 15 minutes.

Anyone else see any widebodies at MCI other than the 767s and others that occupy the apron outside the AA overhaul base and the FedEx and UPS aircraft at the cargo facilities?

ramprat74

Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:24 pm

I was looking on flykci.com. They show United in Terminal A now. When did they move over from Terminal C? Did they swap places with American?

foxecho

Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:14 am

Quoting MCIB757 (Reply 13):

That is it, I worked that charter this year, man those HA 767s are niiice inside....That one has a Radiers Decal on the side as well.

I'm a NY Jets man myself....

We used to have most of our ferry flights bring pax as well up until 1995-6 or so. Nothing like taking a 747SP from JFK to MCI though, lol!

man, if able to nonrev home nonstop on a 747SP now thats a dream!

All the best from about 15,000 feet from the Threshold of 19R at MCI

Andrew
JFK/MEM/MCI

foxecho

Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:17 am

Quoting Phuebner (Reply 7):

I remember when I lived there that airlines flying out of there always had full planes.

Just about everyone does out of here because of the unrinating contest between everyone and WN

Andrew
JFK/MEM/MCI

SLCUT2777

Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:43 am

I may be a little biased, but I think MCI is wonderful airport. The round terminals are somewhat unique these days and you can easily go straight from the gate to the curb. Too bad it's underutilized, though.

Fix the security setup! That is MCIs biggest inhibitor is how security with that terminal design has to work. Eastern picked it as a hub due to it's central location throughout the country, but connecting flights with passengers going to one of the other circular concourses had to clear security once again so hence it's limitations. If SLC can be a big hub for DL, then I would think that if MCI did a terminal renovation that corrected this issue, they could easily be snagged as a hub by someone, especially an LCC.
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!

CWAFlyer

Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:58 am

Quoting MCIFlyer (Reply 31):
Welcome MCIGuy! Nice username! I feel like I've seen a DL 767 on occasion at the gates at MCI...can anyone here explain why? Positioning flight?

The Chiefs use Delta for their charters. They usually fly a 763.

I don't think MCI ever got 747 traffic, except empty to the TWA overhaul base.

TWA would equipment sub a 747 to and from STL quite often to
get airplanes back on-line without having to ferry everything.
Olympic used to ferry their 747's to MCI to have TWA do their
C and D checks before being trained to do their own in Athens.

foxecho

Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:13 am

Quoting CWAFlyer (Reply 36):
The Chiefs use Delta for their charters. They usually fly a 763

One time we had a 764 for em a few years back cause of an equip shortage...  Smile no I didnt have my camera there either!

Andrew
JFK/MEM/MCI

CIDFlyer

Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:30 am

We need more O&D traffic! Maybe another hometown airline???

perhaps maybe more expansion from Midwest Airlines. They seem to have made MCI their secondary hub and have proclaimed being KC's hometown airline. I'm surprised Skyway (Midwest Connect) hasn't taken over the USAirways Express routes, seems like it would make more sense now with MCI being a YX base. I remember when USAir used to have a hub there, our family almost booked a ticket in 92 from CID-MCI-PBI to visit an aunt down there but we ended up going to EWR on UA instead. Now when I think back I really wish I would have flown to Florida and thru the old USair hub. Does anyone have a route map or schedule from those days? Would be interesting to see.

[Edited 2006-03-26 22:32:17]

[Edited 2006-03-26 22:33:02]

phuebner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:22 am

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 35):
that if MCI did a terminal renovation

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't MCI just do a terminal renovation?

MCI is a great airport. It's waaaaay up North

If you lived up North like I did, that wouldn't be a problem.

ERAUMcDlover

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:17 am

Thats my home airport too!!!! Man I miss it, and all of you guys talking about it...i.e. the plaza and zona rosa, etc, makes me hurt for home. And no, AA has not upkept the maint. base like TWA had it. Yes, MCI could use a new hometown carrier, and no neither state advertises properly. I also did a report on FEDEX in highschool, and got to stay at the airport for a whole day and skip school. Everything from the roughly 1630 flight i think, that was a 722 with the mail contract and a hot drop, and the A300/310 flights to MEM and IND respectfully later that night. that was a great report! any way, great to hear about home. hopefully one day we'll have more than Midwest and WN making a big go of it....cough....DL...cough....widget...cough...
night all.
DL, what a classy lady....Mad Dogs...a classy plane.....USA...just the best all around

CWAFlyer

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:43 pm

MCI is a great airport. It's waaaaay up North

Since I-435 got finished and completely encircled the city, it's not
such a big deal. When the Great Flood of 1951 happened, plans
were made to build the overhaul base North of the River. My
grandparents moved from Independence to KC North in 1954
making my grandpa's drive to work easier. I think 435 finally
got finished in 1993 or 1994. Until then, you had to take
I-29 to the airport or backtrack on 291.

727tiger

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:58 pm

I grew up in KC (southside; it used to take longer to drive home than to fly from DFW), so I continue to watch MCI's growth with interest. It was always my favorite O&D airport, after having also to use ATL, DFW and STL on a regular basis. I remember the transfer from the Downtown Airport to MCI; it was like a palace, even to a little kid like me at the time.

Even about 8 years ago, when we lived back in KC, this time way up north, when I would have to drive my son around in the car to make him go to sleep, I would drive around MCI.

CaptainT38

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:07 pm

Anyone else see any widebodies at MCI other than the 767s and others that occupy the apron outside the AA overhaul base and the FedEx and UPS aircraft at the cargo facilities?

I worked the ramp up there for a commuter airline back in 99-03 and I remember during spring break seeing some 747s and L1011s taking the spring breakers down to Mexico. We used to love running around the terminals looking at all the spring breakers. Other then that, just the sports charters, about the only widebodies you see up that way anymore.

I went to school in Warrensburg just west of Whiteman, and how do I miss the sight of the B-2 flying over every day. Great sight to see!

727tiger

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:12 pm

Back in the early-80s, I picked up a fraternity brother flying in from LAX from Christmas break on a World Airways DC-10.

L1329II

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:02 am

This weekend I learned that there was some talk of actually tearing down MCI and starting from scratch. That actually suprised me. The thought was that if that were to happen then everyone would be funneled though a few entry points instead of being able to walk right up to the terminal and KC didnt want that. The KC planning folks knew that if they kept the currnet design there would possibly never be the chance of anyone using MCI as a major hub. They were fine with that siting that MCI was one of the most people friendly airports in the country.

Apparently there is 10,000 acres of land for MCI and only 3000 acres is developed comprising the airpoort itself. The other 7000 acres KC is looking to develop some onsite hotels or other attractions "by the airport" that will make MCI more "attractive."

Part of the redevelopment of the terminal has to do with so much growth in the Northland. KC wants to make MCI part of the "Northland Culture" with so much commercial development. IE: Zona Rosa, Tiffany Springs etc. Who knows maybe they will develop it something like DFW with a hotel on the airport.

EDIT: I will try to find some sources for what I have posted.

[Edited 2006-04-03 17:05:29]
"By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

steeler83

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:33 am

I think KCMO and KCK need to do more to "better" the image of this area to attract more people.

"I can see the terminal here has been remodeled but when I step off this plane I still think KC is a dump! MCI looks like an overgrown bus station."

It has been almost 14 years since they built a completely new airport for PIT. Yet, people still think that PIT is some smokey smoggy city and have no desire to live there because of that; nor do they want to visit it. (Personally, I think they are in dire need of a history lesson or two regarding the steel industry... I was just in Baltimore on Saturday, and not only is the Inner Harbor a supremely impressive part of downtown, but they just recently remodeled and opened the colossal A/B terminal for WN at BWI... Bottom line, PIT still needs to do some drastic improvements of its CBD...

I don't think airports have a lot to do with how one person views a city. I think if that was true every city will probably be in trouble and if that person decided that a city was a dump because of the terminal....well.

PHL in particular here, among others...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

USPIT10L

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:51 am

Great to see MCI building up traffic again. YX has really stepped their presence there. Maybe in time, they'll pick up the Air Midwest/US Express network there. They have natural feed there, not to mention B1900s everywhere. I just never felt US gave MCI a great chance to be a hub, it really was a focus city for USAir in 1990-1993, not a hub. After that, it never really fit into their business plan.
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

steeler83

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:35 am

Quoting USPIT10L (Reply 47):
Great to see MCI building up traffic again. YX has really stepped their presence there. Maybe in time, they'll pick up the Air Midwest/US Express network there. They have natural feed there, not to mention B1900s everywhere. I just never felt US gave MCI a great chance to be a hub, it really was a focus city for USAir in 1990-1993, not a hub. After that, it never really fit into their business plan.

I didn't realize that US had a sizeable operation there. I do remember US having numerous flights between PIT and MCI, but those are a thing of the past. Perhaps if US Express and YX pick up there, maybe there could be some competition between US and YX, considering US decides to bring back service between PIT and MCI (Even though I doubt they will) and go with an E170 by Republic or even E190 by US mainline... Again, YX just might pick up more service between PIT and MCI and scare off US all together...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

USPIT10L

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:40 am

US had a focus city in MCI from about 1991 to 1993. It was started when US still had a large presence on the west coast from PSA. After that was dismantled, the whole purpose of a base at MCI seemed moot. The only the flying remains is because it's completely controlled by Air Midwest. It's subsidized EAS service. US doesn't make the decisions on scheduling and routing, Air Midwest does. Since it's a product of Mesa, the service stinks anyway. It's really a shame, small markets really do deserve better.
It's a Great Day for Hockey!