ATWZW170
Topic Author

Air Wisconsin In Airliners Magazine

Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:31 am

I have yet to see the artical about Air Wisconsin in the March issue of Airliners but I was told the last paragraph states the following:

"We have other sources of growth which we are not ready to discuss at this time."

What does THAT mean????
Success is getting what you want...happiness is liking what you get

SkyexRamper

RE: Air Wisconsin In Airliners Magazine

Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:44 am

Quoting ATWZW170 (Thread starter):
"We have other sources of growth which we are not ready to discuss at this time."

I'm going to assume that they mean contracts in the works to expand their fleet and partnerships. Be really funny if they mean taking over Comair.  Wink
Good Luck to all Skyway Pilots! It's been great working with you!

airwave

Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:19 am

Clearly they're going to break out from being a feeder airline and change their name to Cheezehead Air.  wink 

Airwave  eyebrow 
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

ATWZW170
Topic Author

Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:52 am

I like it! Cheez and beer....what a better way to go.

MLIGRBZW825

Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:23 am

I'm thinking it's going to be a groundhandling contract with Northwest Mainline, to work their fleet, possibly a flying contract for northwest, and expansion with U.S. Airways. This is all just rumors I know, but at work I've been hearing all three of these continuously from a lot of different sources.
'I'm too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns' -Iceman

saab2000

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:02 am

Well, keep those rumors coming. The reality seems to be much different. I don't see much of anything happening. I would love to get some NWA flying or something like that. The ground handling could also be something cool.

Just get us back to the Midwest. My clock at AWAC is starting to tick very loudly if something good doesn't happen soon.
smrtrthnu

PHLBOS

Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:25 am

FYI, the preceeding issue had this A.net photo in the On Approach segment; located at the lower-right-hand corner of the last page:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Bill Shull

"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

ATWZW170
Topic Author

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:51 am

Someone told me that one of the pilot managers said that something was "for sure" in the pipeline...I have no idea what that means...I have some ideas but damn it I'm sick of quiet and need words!

MLIGRBZW825

Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:02 pm

Yeah we need the news, I think it would pick up company morale up a lot. I know a lot of people who are just getting sick and tired of not knowing. Even if we didn't get anymore work, it'd still be nice not to be left in the dark...
'I'm too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns' -Iceman