YANQUI67

Alitalia Cargo To Katl (MD-11)

Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:22 pm

Just found out Alitalia Cargo started service to KATL from KJFK today, flight AZA9170. Arrives at Atlanta at 1:30AM. Damn I wish it was during the daytime. Its an MD-11. I wonder when it departs.

notdownnlocked

RE: Alitalia Cargo To Katl (MD-11)

Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:00 pm

I heard about this route from a friend that works at the airport and he said it was news to him too. He will even be one of the persons servicing the flights. Such good advertising on the part of AZ....NOT. He said the flights will be from 2-4 per week. There are no signs at the airport nor according to him any advertising at all. Oh well. Let's hope they can fill their planes by osmosis at least.

LAXintl

Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:55 pm

Quoting Notdownnlocked (Reply 1):
There are no signs at the airport nor according to him any advertising at all

Its a cargo flight. Generally no public advertising would be involved. Alitalia simply must make contact with the Atlanta freight forwarder community and illicit their business for the new flights which is normaly done in person by sales reps.

No need for fancy signs, billboards etc...
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

767-332ER

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:55 pm

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 2):
Its a cargo flight. Generally no public advertising would be involved. Alitalia simply must make contact with the Atlanta freight forwarder community and illicit their business for the new flights which is normaly done in person by sales reps.

No need for fancy signs, billboards etc...

Exactly correct...I am sure the gajillion freight forwarders in the ATL area and the southeast for that matter know about them coming.
Twinjets...if one fails, work the other one twice as hard!!!