flyboy80

US/ HP To Use Qik, Shares, Sabre?

Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:52 am

Ok from what i know Qik is kind of a shell for both shares and sabre? I would assume therefore that the "new" us-airways will use qik? Any info?

ytib

RE: US/ HP To Use Qik, Shares, Sabre?

Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:56 am

They will be developing their custom GUI interface (Qik?) for both Sabre as it is already in place for Shares. This will be similiar to the interface for Shares, and then when they cut over to Shares in the the US Airways portion will not need to be retrained. There was an article about the intergration of their IT systems in Information Week a couple of weeks ago.

AirScoot

Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:03 am

They are going to continue to use the QIK front end. The back end will be cutting over to SHARES from SABRE at some point by the end of the year AFAIK.

captaink

Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:30 am

Good bye to the very efficient almost perfect system SABRE. I really loved SABRE, and i hated SHARES, whats more most agents can work much faster in a "expert mode" (according to Gabriel) mode. I guess right now it is whats the cheaper alternative for the airline. In end, as long as it gets the job done.
There is something special about planes....

USPIT10L

Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:15 am

Quoting Captaink (Reply 3):
Good bye to the very efficient almost perfect system SABRE. I really loved SABRE, and i hated SHARES, whats more most agents can work much faster in a "expert mode" (according to Gabriel) mode. I guess right now it is whats the cheaper alternative for the airline. In end, as long as it gets the job done.

I wholehearted agree. When I was going through training with PSA, I hadn't used SABRE in five years. Once I got back in the swing, it was like a duck to water. But also, if it saves US money, do it. I just hope for the agents' sake, SHARES is as user-friendly.
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

AirRyan

Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:47 am

Ahhh, so that is why they have not been responding to any cross market initiatives?  Smile