Poitin
Topic Author

Vijay Mallya King Of Good Times --The Times

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:13 am

Vijay Mallya, the King of Good Times, seems destined to become the SRB of India, and may well out strip Richard. The following is in the Sunday Times and a jolly good read for you interested in India's civil aviation. More power to the man!  bigthumbsup 

THE arrival at Calcutta airport of India's self-styled "King of Good Times" attracts the kind of attention usually reserved for Bollywood stars.

Vijay Mallya has never done a reverse somersault karate chop on screen. And he has never crooned his undying love to a doe-eyed starlet against a backdrop of the Swiss Alps. Still, at 6.40 in the morning, as chai sellers, baggage wallahs and passengers collect outside the departures terminal, his convoy pulls up and disgorges bodyguards, a mountain of luggage and a personal assistant called Miss Pinky.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2095-2114069,00.html
Now so, have ye time fer a pint?

Concorde001

RE: Vijay Mallya King Of Good Times --The Times

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:25 am

Wow! A few weeks ago, while looking at some pictures of Vijay Mallya promoting Kingfisher Airlines, I posted a question on a.net - Is Vijay Mallya the next SRB? Here is the link:
Is Vijay Mallya The Next Richard Branson? (by Concorde001 Mar 3 2006 in Civil Aviation)#ID2637852

I've posted some photographs of both SRB and Vijay Mallya advertising their respective airlines, and the similarities are striking - even the uniforms of both airlines are similar as well as the use of red as the primary colour!

[Edited 2006-04-02 20:28:05]

jacobin777

RE: Vijay Mallya King Of Good Times --The Times

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:35 am

Quoting Concorde001 (Reply 1):
Wow! A few weeks ago, while looking at some pictures of Vijay Mallya promoting Kingfisher Airlines, I posted a question on a.net - Is Vijay Mallya the next SRB? Here is the link:
Is Vijay Mallya The Next Richard Branson? (by Concorde001 Mar 3 2006 in Civil Aviation)#ID2637852

I've posted some photographs of both SRB and Vijay Mallya advertising their respective airlines, and the similarities are striking - even the uniforms of both airlines are similar as well as the use of red as the primary colour!

like the way EK has modeled themselves after SQ, I think Vijay M. is doing the same with VS and SRB....
"Up the Irons!"