Getting There Or Getting There

Thu Jun 08, 2000 10:51 pm

I was wondering what people found more enjoyable getting to the airport and see all of the planes or flying on all the planes (not all at once). I like the flying part the most....Going to the airport is a favorite activity for me too!

Alexander

RE: Getting There Or Getting There

Sat Jun 10, 2000 12:31 am

Just keeping the post alive!

DeltaRNOmd-80

Sat Jun 10, 2000 6:01 am

I like flying a lot but the sheer atmosphere of ANY airport where commercial airlines fly makes me like being at airports more. I enjoy connecting, I wouldnt like a nonstop flight if I could avoid it.

Ilyushin96M

Sat Jun 10, 2000 6:04 am

Personally, I don't like being at the airport much. I consider airports to be places of transit - checking my bags in, waiting for the plane, getting on it...arriving at the airport, getting off the plane, getting my bags, getting out. This is why I only carry one small carry-on for most flights I take.  

As for flying...I love it. The entire experience - from sitting in the plane on the ground, watching the baggage handlers load the cargo, to taxying, revving up, taking off, being in the air, landing...it's quite a rush for me. Watching planes take off and land is exciting, too.

michigan4life

Sat Jun 10, 2000 6:31 am

For me it is the airport. It always has a great atmosphere and I always love being there. Flting is also great too. I agree that the rush is unlike anything else

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos