Chiguire
Topic Author

Again Aserca Emergency Landing

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:34 am

Last week I thought it could be coincidence. An Aserca Airlines DC9 lost cabin preasure during the flight and had to land in Maracaibo. No one was hurt.

About 4 weeks ago the same thing happened on a flight from Porlamar to Caracas. The pilot started a sudden descend and came close to a DC9 from Aeropostal (en route from Caracas to Puerto Ordaz). As the Aeropostal aircraft was equipped with TCAS, the pilot could react and avoid a colission. One passenger on board of the Aeropostal aircaft was hurt.

And here the third incident on an Aserca flight from today: cabin preassure loss en route from Caracas to Puerto Ordaz (sorry, spanish)

http://www.nuevaprensa.com.ve/ver_art.php?cod=42693

This happens on the same day that the mexican authorities ground Aerocalifornia. The Aserca aircraft are the same type (DC9-30) and the same age: around 35-37 years.
And it happens while the FAA is evaluating Venezuela to be upgraded to CAT I . Inspections at Aeropostal and Conviasa maintanace facilities by FAA officials were a great success.
It's time for INAC (the Venezuelan FAA) to check Aserca very closely in order not to loose credibility.....

luisde8cd

RE: Again Aserca Emergency Landing

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:27 am

Very bad news for Aserca. Sadly, this damages the DC9 reputation  Sad. I hope Aserca can provide better MX for these birds before a tragedy happens.

Saludos desde Caracas,
Luis

Chiguire
Topic Author

RE: Again Aserca Emergency Landing

Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:46 pm

Quoting Luisde8cd (Reply 1):
Very bad news for Aserca. Sadly, this damages the DC9 reputation . I hope Aserca can provide better MX for these birds before a tragedy happens.

I hope so too. But it looks like they are not improving anything and I hope INAC takes a closer look at them soon to prevent a tragedy.

Because here is the fourth incident (sorry spanish):

http://www.correodelcaroni.com/compo...n,com_wrapper/Itemid,162/?id=27822

bubblefish:
"According to the first versions, the fact had to a mechanical flaw in the area of the fluids in one of the turbines of the airship, every time one of the hoses that transport the fluids presented/displayed a small fault which caused the oil boat, which when making contact with the heat generated a vapor trail that scared the passengers."
The plane was evacuated......