Chiguire
Topic Author

Again Aserca Emergency Landing

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:34 am

Last week I thought it could be coincidence. An Aserca Airlines DC9 lost cabin preasure during the flight and had to land in Maracaibo. No one was hurt.

About 4 weeks ago the same thing happened on a flight from Porlamar to Caracas. The pilot started a sudden descend and came close to a DC9 from Aeropostal (en route from Caracas to Puerto Ordaz). As the Aeropostal aircraft was equipped with TCAS, the pilot could react and avoid a colission. One passenger on board of the Aeropostal aircaft was hurt.

And here the third incident on an Aserca flight from today: cabin preassure loss en route from Caracas to Puerto Ordaz (sorry, spanish)

http://www.nuevaprensa.com.ve/ver_art.php?cod=42693

This happens on the same day that the mexican authorities ground Aerocalifornia. The Aserca aircraft are the same type (DC9-30) and the same age: around 35-37 years.
And it happens while the FAA is evaluating Venezuela to be upgraded to CAT I . Inspections at Aeropostal and Conviasa maintanace facilities by FAA officials were a great success.
It's time for INAC (the Venezuelan FAA) to check Aserca very closely in order not to loose credibility.....

luisde8cd

RE: Again Aserca Emergency Landing

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:27 am

Very bad news for Aserca. Sadly, this damages the DC9 reputation  Sad. I hope Aserca can provide better MX for these birds before a tragedy happens.

Saludos desde Caracas,
Luis

Chiguire
Topic Author

RE: Again Aserca Emergency Landing

Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:46 pm

Quoting Luisde8cd (Reply 1):
Very bad news for Aserca. Sadly, this damages the DC9 reputation . I hope Aserca can provide better MX for these birds before a tragedy happens.

I hope so too. But it looks like they are not improving anything and I hope INAC takes a closer look at them soon to prevent a tragedy.

Because here is the fourth incident (sorry spanish):

http://www.correodelcaroni.com/compo...n,com_wrapper/Itemid,162/?id=27822

bubblefish:
"According to the first versions, the fact had to a mechanical flaw in the area of the fluids in one of the turbines of the airship, every time one of the hoses that transport the fluids presented/displayed a small fault which caused the oil boat, which when making contact with the heat generated a vapor trail that scared the passengers."
The plane was evacuated......

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos