litz

What's Going On @ ATL's Concourse A?

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:52 am

The whole center of the concourse is walled off ... anyone know what's up?

It's probably a good 40-50 feet across, creating a lot of congestion as the space around the walled area is only 10-15 feet for all the traffic going across concourse and up/down from the transportation mall ...

- litz

deltagator

RE: What's Going On @ ATL's Concourse A?

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:15 am

Is it right in the Spine by the escalators up and down? Am I right in saying it is a big walled off "circle" in the middle of the Spine area?

I thought I had read somewhere that Concourse A would be getting the same HVAC renovations that they did over in B? Or has that already been done? Maybe it is the start of that work.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

litz

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:18 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 1):
Is it right in the Spine by the escalators up and down? Am I right in saying it is a big walled off "circle" in the middle of the Spine area?

That's exactly it !

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 1):
I thought I had read somewhere that Concourse A would be getting the same HVAC renovations that they did over in B? Or has that already been done? Maybe it is the start of that work.

I thought it might be that as well, except the walls don't go up to the ceiling.

If you look back into the "spine" area from down the councourse whatever they are doing doesn't go above the walls ... so unless they haven't yet started or the HVAC equipment is under the floor, there's no evidence yet of what they're doing.

At least whatever it is, they haven't cut any electrical lines (yet) ...

(I can only imagine the chaos if you shut down that many DL gates ...)

- litz

deltagator

Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:45 am

Sorry for the delay in responding. I forgot I had this thread sitting out there. I honestly have no clue. I'd say they might be doing something as goofy as putting a fountain or statue in there but that central area is one of the most congested in the airport. It wouldn't make much sense to restrict traffic continuously once they remove the barriers. I've found nothing online about it either.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

MarkATL

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:17 am

Knowing how the City of Atlanta works, they're probably erecting a giant statue of Cynthia McKinney.
"...left my home in Georgia, 'n headed for the "Frisco" Bay...

exusair

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:03 pm

They're putting in a wood liminate floor as part of the upgrades being done by DL at ATL.

deltagator

Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:17 am

Quoting Exusair (Reply 5):
They're putting in a wood liminate floor as part of the upgrades being done by DL at ATL.

Great! That'll look like crap in a few weeks with the amount of traffic that floor gets.

Quoting MarkATL (Reply 4):
Knowing how the City of Atlanta works, they're probably erecting a giant statue of Cynthia McKinney.

Ha! That's funny.

brian_ga

Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:32 am

Quoting MarkATL (Reply 4):
Knowing how the City of Atlanta works, they're probably erecting a giant statue of Cynthia McKinney

OMG we don't want to scare the people coming into ATL !!!

LOL !!!

Brian_ga  Smile
Keep looking up, that's the secret to life....Snoopy