Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MSYYZ
Topic Author

JAT Finally In YYZ And JFK

Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:34 am

the governments of Canada and Serbia-Montenegro have signed an agreement on opening Toronto-Belgrade commercial flights. JAT is planning to re-start service between Toronto and Belgrade on June 1st after several years absence. The airline is acquiring two Boeing 767-200s on lease and also plans to start a Belgrade-New York-JFK service in May.

Source : YYZnews.com

It is to note that these flights are not shown on Amadeus yet .

LAXintl

RE: JAT Finally In YYZ And JFK

Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:44 am

Been discussed already;
767-200 JAT Is Arriving (by FCKC Mar 12 2006 in Civil Aviation)#ID2653430

Aleksandar

Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:40 pm

Quoting MSYYZ (Thread starter):

Great news bouncy  Now, I can hardly wait to see that 762 from my window.

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 1):
Been discussed already

Yes, but things were not certain as they are now.

JoKeR

Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:06 pm

Quoting Aleksandar (Reply 2):
Yes, but things were not certain as they are now.

Yes! Looks like the rumors are now facts! Good to see progress at JAT.

Any idea when the first 762ER (YU-JAT) will be arriving from the paint shop?

Aleksandar

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:14 am

Quoting JoKeR (Reply 3):
Any idea when the first 762ER (YU-JAT) will be arriving from the paint shop?

I've read she would arrive by the end of March and now is April  confused  . Oh, BTW, what is YU-JAT? Can't be a new registration.

JoKeR

Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:38 am

Quoting Aleksandar (Reply 4):
Oh, BTW, what is YU-JAT? Can't be a new registration.

Apparently it is!  boggled 

I heard its mid-April; it only went to the paint shop recently and is also having one of the major checks done.

Aleksandar

Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:05 am

Quoting JoKeR (Reply 5):

Thanks. Registration is...interesting. Now, if someone from Nimes could make a photo  sigh 

panam92

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:16 am

It will be great seeing JAT in New York again.

A388

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:25 am

Great news! I'm just sad about the new livery JAT has adopted now, I wish they would keep the livery they they before this one, the white fuselage with the red/blue tail and silver titling on the fuselage. The DC-10 they had in this livery looked awesome!

Regards,

A388

ricardofg

Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:59 pm

Nothing is official yet! Permission has not been granted as of yet by the CTA for JAT to start operations into YYZ and JAT themselves have not confirmed that YYZ is a go. On there website they state it is planed. Flights havent been loaded into Corda as of yet so my money is that JU will not be in Toronto this summer. We have seen this from JAT before.

BEG2IAH

Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:04 pm

Quoting RicardoFG (Reply 9):
We have seen this from JAT before.

I would rather say "We have seen this from Canada (CTA) and the United States (FAA) before."

BEG2IAH

krisyyz

Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:15 pm

Quoting BEG2IAH (Reply 10):
I would rather say "We have seen this from Canada (CTA) and the United States (FAA) before."

Agreed, I believe that there are some immigration concerns with JAT's planned flight to YYZ in regards to not meeting some VISA requirements. If it actually happens it will be very strict inspected by Immigration /Customs Canada.

KrisYYZ

Aleksandar

Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:53 am

Quoting KrisYYZ (Reply 11):
I believe that there are some immigration concerns with JAT's planned flight to YYZ

You're right, but, Serbia and Montenegro signed a re-admission agreement with Canada that solved the problem.

What really makes me wonder how was it possible for Uzbekistan AW to fly to JFK from BEG without such problems.

Aleksandar

Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:59 am

OK, there are some news regarding JAT flights to North america. According to a local newspaper (Glas Javnosti) JAT won't be able to start its service to JFK as planned, because they still didn't get Category 1 from FAA, but it seems that flights to Toronto will start by June.

MajorNelson

Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:33 pm

Aleksandar: I remember reading and enjoying your Trip Report a while ago regarding your first flight as a F/A with JAT, but that you had been laid off.

Surely the arrival of the 767 and new routes should be a good sign ! Have you been recalled to your position yet?

Tony

Aleksandar

Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:36 am

Quoting MajorNelson (Reply 14):
Aleksandar: I remember reading and enjoying your Trip Report a while ago regarding your first flight as a F/A with JAT, but that you had been laid off.

I'm afraid it's not me. I never worked in JAT. The guy who wrote that Trip Report is Stjuard.

JU101

Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:01 pm

I question the accuracy of the YYZ-based article referenced in this thread.

(1) Jat Airways should be receiving one 762, rather than two. There is no confirmation that the airline will acquire the plane. In my mind, if the rumored flights to Toronto were to start June 2006, the plane would unlikely join the fleet before May 2006. It is true that Serbia-Montenegro and Canada have signed an agreement a few weeks ago, directly effecting to the outcome of Jat Airways flights to Toronto. This year things look very positive, and there should be no reason for Jat not to fly to Toronto. Recall that SkyService has maintained direct flights to Belgrade last summer, and they intend to do the same again this year!

(2) Regarding flights to JFK, Serbian new sources have indicated that Serbia-Montenegro will not recieve FAA Catergory 1 in time for the commencement of peak season travel. Consequently, Serbia-Montenegro registered aircraft will not be welcome to the United States prior to attaining the Category 1 status. Direct flights may be established between BEG and JFK, as before, through a seconday carrier. This is clearly an issue of politics, as it always was.

(3) If and when Jat Airways receives Category 1 from the FAA, the airline will consider adding a second aircraft in 2007. The added capacity for Jat will coincide with the desire to establish flights to Chicago. Unfortunately, Montreal has not been in discussion.

I hope this clarifies things, a bit!

BEG2IAH

Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:59 pm

Hi guys. I just read something in Serbian's "Glas Javnosti" daily newspaper.

Source (in Serbian only): http://www.glas-javnosti.co.yu/danas/srpski/D06040910.shtml

This source soon to be: http://arhiva.glas-javnosti.co.yu/ar.../2006/04/09/srpski/D06040910.shtml

This would be my condensed translation:

----------

Deputy director general of the Serbia and Montenegro Civil Aviation Directorate Mr. Dragan Trgovcevic said that his Directorate fulfilled all the prerequisites needed to obtain FAA's Category 1. He said: "Directorate had several audits since 2003, and we as a country are ready for Category 1. We cannot influence the timing of their audits. ICAO also audited and examined our Directorate, and they claim that we are one of the best countries they examined in the last few years, because we apply 97.7% of international regulations".

Mr. Trgovcevic emphasized that, from what he knows, FAA will not audit Directorate before the end of this summer.

-----------

FAA's audits are unannounced, but I would expect the next audit and possible positive decision after two important events take place, both having nothing to do with aviation: independence referendum in Montenegro and arrest and transfer of gen. Mladic to the Hague.

BEG2IAH

ricardofg

Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:22 pm

Quoting JU101 (Reply 16):
Recall that SkyService has maintained direct flights to Belgrade last summer, and they intend to do the same again this year!

Skyservice has discontinued BEG service.

JoKeR

Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:13 pm

Quoting RicardoFG (Reply 18):
Skyservice has discontinued BEG service.

Correction, Skyservice only operates charters during summer months and will be runnning them again this year.

JU101

Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:20 pm

Ricardo,

Belgrade is included on the list of destinations for Summer 2006 according to the SkyService web site.

www.skyservice.ca

ricardofg

Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:07 pm

Quoting JoKeR (Reply 19):
Correction, Skyservice only operates charters during summer months and will be runnning them again this year.

Quoting JU101 (Reply 20):
Belgrade is included on the list of destinations for Summer 2006 according to the SkyService web site.

No, I am sorry but the flights are NOT happening this year. The tour operator has decided not to continue with the program this year after losing a lot of money over the years. There is no eastern europe program. This is as per all the suits at 5G, and the tour operator.

JU101

Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:05 pm

I regret to hear that.

I wonder what kind of figures were recorded on the flights to Belgrade, Zagreb, and Split.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos