7e72004

Security At MDW

Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:32 pm

Hello all...this is the first topic i have started in several months after a longggggg absence  Smile Anyway, have they done anything at MDW to deal with the security lines? I have not been there in over a year and the last I heard they were thinking of constructing/widening the terminal connector from the ticketing hall to the security area but have not heard anything since.
The next generation of aircraft is just around the corner!

Type-Rated

RE: Security At MDW

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:46 am

When I came into MDW about 6 months ago, there were a few hundred people in line waiting to go thru security. The line was over the bridge, into the ticketing/baggage building, with people lined up along the stairs going down to the baggage area.
When I departed MDW, there were only about 10 people ahead of me. I considered myself VERY fortunate!
I was wondering if the Chicago Aviation authority was working on this problem. Has anyone heard anything about this?
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

Mexicana757

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:06 am

Quoting 7E72004 (Thread starter):

Currently there is construction going on to expand the bridge. The bridge will be doubled in size. Last time i passed by Cicero avenue, they had the skeleton up at both ends of each building where the expansion will take place. I have no clue when bridge contruction will begin, it just seems slow at the moment.

B757capt

Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:17 am

I just went throw about 60 minutes ago. Wasn't bad at all. about 50 people at 3:30pm central.
The views written by this user are in no manner the views of my employer and should not be thought as such.

Cubsrule

Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:32 am

Quoting Type-rated (Reply 1):
When I departed MDW, there were only about 10 people ahead of me. I considered myself VERY fortunate!
I was wondering if the Chicago Aviation authority was working on this problem. Has anyone heard anything about this?

I feel like recently, the TSA has done a better job of matching screener staffing levels with the number of passengers. I don't have any evidence for this, but lately, at busy times, there have been many more screeners. Frankly, even when it's pretty busy, if all lanes are open, it isn't that bad.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more