PPL And Airline Sponsorship/Training

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:25 am

Today I did my first ever flight in a light aircraft up at ABZ and when I returned and spoke to my Dad about it, he is seriously considering putting me through the PPL course either at ABZ or DND.

If I achieved a PPL, would this put me in a better position when applying for sponsorship/training with airlines? I know that sponsorships are rare and when they come up people fight like wild dogs trying to get one, but let's just say it's a hypothetical situation.

Any help you guys can provide is greatly appreciated.

RossBaku  Silly

RE: PPL And Airline Sponsorship/Training

Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:15 am

Yeah it'd help, but would be better if you got your CPL I should imagine. I believe you need X amount of hours before most airlines will sponsor you. I'm sure it's something like that anyway. (Someone else will probably give you a more informed response on that)

Irrespective of flight training, Just don't mess up at school and make sure you get those GCSE's! (Assuming you are currently in school)

EDIT: Here is an organization or "agent" that deals with pilot sponsorship in the UK on behalf of many airlines. You may be interested in reading the info by clicking the following link:

[Edited 2006-04-05 23:23:46]