hjulicher

Skyteam And Aeroflot

Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:44 pm

I know this was recently discussed, but can anyone officially say weather SU will join Skyteam on April 14th? It seems likely with the aeroflot bonus update about accruing miles on the 4 original skyteam airlines. However, I'm a NW worldperks mileage account holder, but I'm considereing flying on April 26 and May 8th. If I fly aeroflot, will I be able to earn miles? Is it normal for nothing to be released about membership? Skyteam's website has gotten a lot worse i think. They don't even post thier monthly news-releases anymore. I keep checking to see if something for april has been added, but nothing. Aeroflot.com also has nothing. I know they planned on joining in March of this year, but maybe it was pushed to April? I just don't know? Any insiders?
LH 442

UTA_flyinghigh

RE: Skyteam And Aeroflot

Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:06 pm

Indeed April 14th is the official date of Aeroflot's entry into SkyTeam.

UTA  checkeredflag 
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

hjulicher

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:52 pm

OKAY IT'S OFFICIAL  bouncy 

Aeroflot Russian International Airlines will join Skyteam on April 14th. I know this was already posted, but I'm in Moscow, and I spoke to an aeroflot representative and they exactly told me that they are joining the 14th of April.

So go out and buy tickets on aeroflot, you'll earn SKYTEAM miles.
LH 442

afay1

Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:52 am

Does anyone know if there will be exclusions, such as no mileage accrual on Delta if on a competing flight? Also, I take it that Aeroflot subsidiaries will not become members and therefore flights on them will not earn miles...

EddieDude

Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:28 am

Afay1, I don't think there will be exclusions other than the quite common exclusions for mileage accrual when the class of travel is a very discounted fare.

A separate thread of last week discussed that flights on SU's subsidiaries flights would most likely not accrue SkyTeam miles.
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738