ba747yyz

Bwia Long-range

Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:02 am

Has any one ever been on a long-range BWIA flight, the only time I've ever flown them is BRI to POS, has any one ever flown them from BGI or POS to LHR or YYZ?

aa1818

RE: Bwia Long-range

Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:16 am

I've flown BW POS-LHR many times pre-2005. Since Jan 2005 I have not been on a BW flight, but I've got some comments- both negative and some positive about the service.

A340 a/c used. When JIL is used, the only Y seats to fly in are 18-21 (VS premium ecnomy) since VS regular Y in G-VSKY is 31" (YIKES!!). in 9Y-TJN, the economy seats etc have more leg room i think up to 33" or perhaps even 34".

BW's longhaul product is lacking overall, lack of a good IFE. Poor shoice of movies. Food is usually quite good, usually catering out of POS is very good.
Serive is passable. No disrespect to any BW flight attendants out there, but BW has been slipping, and the majority of the FAs are rude and don't care.

Flights tend to run late both ex-POS and ex-LHR. I've heard BW has been getting better though with on-time performance. Who knows!!!??!!

BW usually has competitive fares and for a Caribbean airline, struggling, with serious competition from AA, BA, 8B, BM, VS etc, they seem to be holding their own.

Hope that helps. Shoot any any questions, I'll be happy to reply later when i'm back online.

Cheers
AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

ba747yyz

Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:30 am

Yeah the one advantage they have though over their competition is that the fly out of POS instead of TAB like BA and VS, and I know from expericence the shuttle service from POS-TAB can be less than adequate, and the ferry really stinks, but that is just my opinion.

mhodgson

Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:33 am

I flew them in August 2001 on 9Y-JIL (ex-VS): Day Trip To Barbados - Bwia MAN-BGI-MAN (by Mhodgson Aug 29 2004 in Trip Reports)
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced