pilotdude09

Hows The New NZ Uniform Going?

Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:56 pm

Hey all you NZ employees, havent hear much about it,

Is it better(comfort wise) than the last one?
Do you feel old in it?
What are the customer/passenger opinions etc?

A family friend who works at DUD says she feels like she should be working on one of those flying boats and apart from that. So just wondering you opinions.
Cheers
Qantas, Still calling Australia Home.........

Mr AirNZ

RE: Hows The New NZ Uniform Going?

Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:53 am

Mixed comments from the public (but everyone loves the belt, go figure). It's starting to grow on me. Also I think some of the hmm (larger) women who were worried about how it would look have calmed down. It doesn't actually look to bad on anyone (you just have to be careful what you were undeneath).

kiwiinoz

Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:08 am

I flew NZ last week. I thought the cabin crew guys looked great, and the cockpit crew.

Was not a fan of the cabin crew girls

The staff were very positive about it, was a good flight, very friendly

nzrich

Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:09 am

Yes i have enjoyed the new uniform its very comfortable compared to the old one and the best part is it fits properly unlike the previous one that i could get 2 of me into the jacket.... Personally i love it..
"Pride of the pacific"

aerorobnz

Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:49 am

It fits well, it looks smart & is comfortable to wear. I don't feel old, I feel good wearing it.

In general the ones that see & judge it at the airport like it, and the ones that have decided sight unseen are the ones that dislike it.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

pilotdude09

Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:18 am

Good to hear, from photos it looks good i want to see it in person so hopefully when im in SYD or LAX i will be able to fingers crossed.
Qantas, Still calling Australia Home.........

NZFan

Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:17 pm

I don't know how it feels wearing it, but having had a few trips to the airport in the last week or so, I think it actually looks a lot better in real than on the photos. and yes the styling is not what people were expecting (as of avantgarde) I find them timeless.

Motorhussy

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:27 pm

I think the staff all look fantastic and will start wearing it with their own individual aplomb once they get used to the various components.

The colours and cut are distinct and will soon be distincly NZ once the new designs are more recognised around the world. Also, Merino moves so well that the crew look quite graceful in their new strides.

NZ Crew, you look hot, wear with pride.

Cheers
MH
come visit the south pacific

Zkpilot

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:49 pm

More comfortable than the old one..it def fits more like a business suit than the old one. The trousers do come up quite high in the crotch which isn't that comfortable when you first sit down, but if you adjust your trousers down a little bit then its fine!  Smile Heard comments that the men look a bit too casual without the tie... especially from premium customers, but most like the design on the shirts and the uniform overall.  Smile (it does seem to collect more dust/marks than the old one however  Sad )
Female f/a's seemed quite shy to wear the hat the first day but after that most of them wear it now thru the terminal (it comes off onboard of course). I personally think that the female staff look excellent with the silk scarf done up around their neck. As for the pilots uniform, it does make it stand out from QF, EK, SQ etc etc by having silver rather than gold coloured bands...it does look more modern, although I think the stripes should be thicker as they don't stand out as much compared to other airlines... ie an NZ captains jacket ends up looking like another airlines 1st officers jacket from a distance.
All in all I like it and most others seem to too! Big grin
56 types. 38 countries. 24 airlines.