ba757gla

Why No Direct Flights From LGW/LHR/MAN To HNL?

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:20 am

could there be charter flights in future?

JGPH1A

RE: Why No Direct Flights From LGW/LHR/MAN To HNL?

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:25 am

Hawaii has huge numbers of high-spending Far East inbound tourists willing to spend top dollar while they're in the state, and doesn't need low-rent UK package tourists roaming Waikiki in packs in search of an Irish pub and vomiting on the feet of the visiting Japanese. Don't look for the tourism authorities to jump for joy at the idea of letting their state going the way of the Dominican Republic or Barbados.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

mutu

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:26 am

I believe back in the early 1990's a Uk tour operator (cant remember who) chartered an Orion Air of America B727 classic, route was STN/MAN/SEA/HNL. It made the papers every day due to delays accumulating over the summer programme at one point being 2 days!!

Not sure the demand would be there? There are numerous routing via LAX on scheduled and US law prohibits a european carrier flying LAX/HNL with revenue

sllevin

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:31 am

It's unlikely... HNL's just not that interesting a destination for Europeans. They have similar options that aren't half a world away.

Steve

mutu

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:37 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 1):
Hawaii has huge numbers of high-spending Far East inbound tourists willing to spend top dollar while they're in the state, and doesn't need low-rent UK package tourists roaming Waikiki in packs in search of an Irish pub and vomiting on the feet of the visiting Japanese. Don't look for the tourism authorities to jump for joy at the idea of letting their state going the way of the Dominican Republic or Barbados.

Pretty offensive stuff actually. If you feel the need to trash other nationalities find another place to do it. When were you last in Barbados? I think you are confused

IFEMaster

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:53 am

Quoting Mutu (Reply 4):
Pretty offensive stuff actually. If you feel the need to trash other nationalities find another place to do it. When were you last in Barbados? I think you are confused

As a Brit now living in California, and having spent plenty of time in Hawaii, mostly in and around Honolulu, I have to agree with JGPH1A.

As soon as you start a direct service from the UK, you get the Club 18-30 type charters or packages. Hawaii doesn't need to be turned in another Ibiza or Lanza-grotty or Tenerife. I've been to both Dom Rep and Barbados, in the height of the high season, and I must admit - the behaviour of many British tourists appalled me.

Well said, JGPH1A.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

commavia

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:56 am

IINM, UA used to a have a same-flight (though I think different-plane) service LHR-LAX-HNL. Could be wrong. Either way, though, both AA and UA can easily get you from LHR to Hawaii (HNL, OGG, KOA and LIH) with a single stop in LAX.

egnr

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:58 am

First Choice Airways mentioned Hawaii as a possible destination when they receive their 787s... London Gatwick to Honolulu.

See...
page 4 of this link
page 2 of this link
page 3 of this link

[Edited 2006-04-12 23:59:21]
7late7, A3latey, Sukhoi Superlate... what's going on?

N1120A

Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:49 am

Quoting Mutu (Reply 2):
I believe back in the early 1990's a Uk tour operator (cant remember who) chartered an Orion Air of America B727 classic, route was STN/MAN/SEA/HNL.

I would really like to see a 727 make MAN-SEA, let alone SEA-HNL

Quoting Mutu (Reply 4):

He is English, he can say it if he wants

Quoting Commavia (Reply 6):
Either way, though, both AA and UA can easily get you from LHR to Hawaii (HNL, OGG, KOA and LIH) with a single stop in LAX.

Yep, or you can fly LGW-HNL/OGG via IAH with CO, LGW-HNL via EWR with CO, LGW-HNL via ATL with DL, etc.

Quoting FlyCaledonian (Reply 8):
Why go to Hawaii to see Yanks with their guts hanging out, stuffing extra extra large big Macs in their mouths and eyeing up the prostitutes on the street corners of the main beach road?

I think you just combined Florida and Las Vegas without actually mentioning Hawai'i  Silly
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

bristolflyer

Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:52 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 5):

Quoting Mutu (Reply 4):

As a Brit now living in California, and having spent plenty of time in Hawaii, mostly in and around Honolulu, I have to agree with JGPH1A.

As soon as you start a direct service from the UK, you get the Club 18-30 type charters or packages. Hawaii doesn't need to be turned in another Ibiza or Lanza-grotty or Tenerife. I've been to both Dom Rep and Barbados, in the height of the high season, and I must admit - the behaviour of many British tourists appalled me.

Well said, JGPH1A.

Yep, I agree as well, as much as it pains me to (I'm proud of my British background). I am ashamed at some of the things that go on in some of those European destinations full of Brits. I know there are plenty of exceptions but there are a big number of Brits who drop all their morals, standards and manners (and pants) just cos they're in another country for a few weeks.

BF
Fortune favours the brave

flydreamliner

Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:58 am

Honestly, if I were from Britain, I'm not sure I'd have a good reason to go to Hawaii. Yes, Hawaii is nice, horifically over commericalized, and there are plenty of Americans misbehaving there already. If I were leaving Britain, I'd think maybe about the Canary islands, the Carribbean, Seychelles. Heck, I'm in the US, i can catch a direct to HNL, and its not my first choice beach destination.
"Let the world change you, and you can change the world"

IFEMaster

Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:09 am

Quoting FlyDreamliner (Reply 12):
Honestly, if I were from Britain, I'm not sure I'd have a good reason to go to Hawaii. Yes, Hawaii is nice, horifically over commericalized, and there are plenty of Americans misbehaving there already. If I were leaving Britain, I'd think maybe about the Canary islands, the Carribbean, Seychelles. Heck, I'm in the US, i can catch a direct to HNL, and its not my first choice beach destination.

In all fairness, outside of The Big Island and O'ahu, Hawaii has beauty to rival that of Seychelles. There are plenty of secluded, unspoiled places that feel like a million miles from the throbbing masses of the commercial areas.

Yes, Waikiki is somewhat unpleasant these days, as is a lot of Honolulu, but I travel on a budget, and I've been to places in Hawaii that could be anywhere in the world. I like the lonely, secluded feel when I'm on holiday. I like to feel a million files from anyone else, in the middle of nowhere, and then I can just fully relax. Hawaii can and does offer that. You just have to look harder. And it's all just a 6 hour plane ride from me.

Tell you what, though...Fiji is my next destination, and I've heard it blows Hawaii away.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

BigGSFO

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:21 am

The late great Western Airlines used to operate same-plane HNL-ANC-LGW with DC10's in the 80's. I miss that airline.  Smile

twolz2rn

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:26 am

why fly half way across the world when they can fly to Dubai and get the same thing that HNL offers...and cheaper...

commavia

Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:13 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 10):
Yep, or you can fly LGW-HNL/OGG via IAH with CO, LGW-HNL via EWR with CO, LGW-HNL via ATL with DL, etc.

None of those connecting points offer sameday connections westbound, at least not right now.

dagolden1

Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:37 am

Why go to Hawaii to see Yanks with their guts hanging out, stuffing super size big Macs in their mouths and eyeing up the prostitutes on the street corners of the main beach road?

Hope that offends nobody!

Having been to Honolulu a few times the thing that I found the most ironic was the amount of Japanese people there. I'm guessing mostly tourist, but I kinda tripped out when I noticed that.

SLCUT2777

Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:23 pm

I highly doubt Hawaii can ever become the cheap tourist mecca for the British that the Dominican Republic or Barbados is. Labor rates for hotels in Hawaii must be 20 times what it is in the DR, and the last I checked none of the hotels/resorts offered the European style of all-inclusive packages that makes the DR so popular amongst the Britt's, the Canucks and other Europeans (including the French!) looking for a warm weather holiday.  laughing   rotfl   rotfl 
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!

N1120A

Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:28 pm

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 18):
the last I checked none of the hotels/resorts offered the European style of all-inclusive packages that makes the DR so popular amongst the Britt's, the Canucks and other Europeans (including the French!) looking for a warm weather holiday.

There are plenty of Air and Car inclusive packages into Hawai'i, though not many that include food as well.

SLCUT2777

Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:53 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 19):
There are plenty of Air and Car inclusive packages into Hawai'i, though not many that include food as well.

That is my point! Hawaii is MUCH pricier than the Dominican Republic and even further away than all but the Pacific and much of the Mountain Times zones in the USA. For example, SLC is about 6 hours form SDQ, POP or PUJ in the DR if DL flew there direct. HNL, KOA and OGG are all 7-8 hours from SLC on DL direct flights. Just thought I'd throw in that geographical oddity, pointed out to me by an ex-girlfrined from Canada who went from YYC to POP on a SkyService Signature trip last year.
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!

irobertson

Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:55 pm

How far exactly is the direct non-stop route from say Gatwick to Honolulu? Would you have to go over the poles or a direct line over asia? Something tells me that you'd need to have a pretty damn fuel efficient airplane on that route, like a 777ER or something. Hell, LHR to LAX is quite the long haul. Just thinking outloud here...

DL787932ER

Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:57 pm

Quoting Commavia (Reply 16):

None of those connecting points offer sameday connections westbound, at least not right now.

At least DL has a same day connection via ATL westbound LGW-ATL-HNL; I don't know about the others. It's a different story eastbound as the Hawaii-ATL and ATL-LGW flights are both overnighters, but other airlines may be different. If one were going London-Hawaii, it might even be worth doing the return via HNL-NRT-LGW/LHR, just to say you made it all the way around the world.

In any case, I agree with the above posters that similar beach resort destinations are available much closer to the UK than Hawaii, so Hawaii is much more attractive to American and Japanese tourists than Europeans.
F L Y D E L T A J E T S

SLCUT2777

Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:04 pm

Quoting Irobertson (Reply 21):
How far exactly is the direct non-stop route from say Gatwick to Honolulu? Would you have to go over the poles or a direct line over Asia? Something tells me that you'd need to have a pretty damn fuel efficient airplane on that route, like a 777ER or something. Hell, LHR to LAX is quite the long haul. Just thinking out-loud here...

My thoughts the same. A pretty long flight over the pole to get from LGW, LHR to HNL direct. It would take at least 14-18 hours in the air to make such a flight. How far is it form Paris (CDG) to Tahiti (PPT)? That has to be a similar haul.

commavia

Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:11 pm

Quoting DL787932ER (Reply 22):
At least DL has a same day connection via ATL westbound LGW-ATL-HNL

You are correct about that, my mistake. DL offers a same-day connection LGW-ATL-HNL.

SLCUT2777

Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:12 pm

Quoting DL787932ER (Reply 22):
In any case, I agree with the above posters that similar beach resort destinations are available much closer to the UK than Hawaii, so Hawaii is much more attractive to American and Japanese tourists than Europeans

Especially western North Americans from the 11 western US states and BC and Alberta north of the 49th. For the Canucks I'm amazed that both Signature and SunQuest don't offer much of anything over there. In the case of YVR the Hawaiian Islands are closer than the DR.

ordpia

Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:17 pm

How far exactly is the direct non-stop route from say Gatwick to Honolulu? Would you have to go over the poles or a direct line over asia? Something tells me that you'd need to have a pretty damn fuel efficient airplane on that route, like a 777ER or something. Hell, LHR to LAX is quite the long haul. Just thinking outloud here...

7237mi quite a long flight indeed
Concorde 146 727 737 73G 742 744 752 753 762 763 772 773 300 319 320 321 343 346 CRJ ERJ ATR ATP CL604 LJ45 LJ60 BD700

PanAm747

Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:29 pm

Every time that I have been to Hawai'i, I have encountered a few Europeans.

It is not a cheap holiday; it is an exotic destination that they have a serious desire to visit and explore graciously. They have thoroughly researched what they want to see and are not there to just lie on the beach. That can be done much closer to home.

And as for trashing other nationalities, let he whose country has never had a citizen or citizens act offensively as guests cast the first stone. I will be the first to admit that some of my countrymen have given the name "ugly American" true meaning, but NO one can say their country has not given a black eye to tourism at one time or another.

As for airline routes, UA via ORD, SFO, or LAX, AA via ORD or DFW, CO via EWR or IAH, DL via ATL, AC via YVR...lots of one-stop choices, but not really a market for non-stops yet.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

N1120A

Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:35 pm

How far exactly is the direct non-stop route from say Gatwick to Honolulu?

6311nm, doable with several long haul aircraft. Routing is not quite polar but very northern

Something tells me that you'd need to have a pretty damn fuel efficient airplane on that route

Well, no, pretty damn fuel efficient airplanes wouldn't be able to make it that far  wink . You would need a big plane with lots of range.

BCAL

Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:57 pm

Quoting BigGSFO (Reply 14):
The late great Western Airlines used to operate same-plane HNL-ANC-LGW with DC10's in the 80's

Initially they used DC10-10s which not only necessitated an en-route fuel stop (which I believe was at ANC) but severely limited the load so the plane could only operate with less than 60% capacity and the route was a loss maker. IIRC Western later leased a pair of DC10-30s that could carry a higher passenger load, still with an en-route fuel stop, but the loads were very poor and the service was soon stopped.
MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

ba757gla

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:45 pm

what about a 3 times weekly 767-300 LGW-ANC-HNL?

LAXintl

Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:15 pm

Quoting Ba757gla (Reply 30):

Hate to tell you, however there simply is not much of a market between Europe and Hawaii. The place is simply too far to be competitive.

Here are some tourism stats for the latest available year (2004).

Of the about 7 million tourist arrivals to Hawaii, Europeans accounted for a mere 1.6%. The UK however was the largest single European group with about half that, followed by Germans. 45% of the UK arrivals were independent travels, while 55% were on packages. The largest age group was a rather senior 41-59. The average UK stay in Hawaii was 12 days with Oahu, Maui and the island of Hawaii being the most popular destinations.

Also one more thing to keep in mind. From an economic stand point it is unlikely a charter operator would be willing to loose a 767 for a 2 day roundtrip flight to Hawaii when that aircraft could easily generate more revenues flying several shorter legs to the Caribbean, Africa, Mid East etc.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

CHRISBA777ER

Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:17 pm

The A340-500 could do it.

IMHO LHR/LGW - HNL is a route VS would possibly be able to make work for them. The A340-600 should be able to do it without a payload penalty - you would probably prefer a quad on such a northerly route I would have thought, although 777s do Polar routes all the time.

Perhaps the A340-500 (ex SQ, AC, EK) may find a home in VS's fleet to do such a route if the A346s cant do it, although i'm pretty sure they can.
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

koruman

Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:06 pm

The thing is, Hawaii costs as much as French Polynesia but is a squillion times less scenic, sophisticated and romantic. PPT is a good and popular stopover on Air NZ from the UK to Australia and New Zealand, but HNL wasn't profitable so NZ dropped their LHR-LAX-HNL service five years ago.

But you can get great fares for CDG-PPT or LHR-LAX-PPT, so why would anyone European fly to Hawaii as a destination rather than a stopover?

gkirk

Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:09 pm

If you want to get to Hawaii, it's easy enough to get to. As long as you don't mind stopping in JFK/EWR/ATL/ORD/LAX or SFO
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

Zkpilot

Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:25 pm

Quoting Koruman (Reply 31):
The thing is, Hawaii costs as much as French Polynesia but is a squillion times less scenic, sophisticated and romantic. PPT is a good and popular stopover on Air NZ from the UK to Australia and New Zealand, but HNL wasn't profitable so NZ dropped their LHR-LAX-HNL service five years ago.

But you can get great fares for CDG-PPT or LHR-LAX-PPT, so why would anyone European fly to Hawaii as a destination rather than a stopover?

True for most of that except the LHR-LAX-HNL part. The flight was and still is AKL-LAX-LHR-LAX-AKL. NZ used to also operate a AKL-HNL-LAX-HNL-AKL service which connected with the LHR-AKL service in LAX. NZ dropped the HNL-LAX-HNL service and never had a LHR-LAX-HNL service.

Anyways.... As many people here have said, Hawaii is too far away from the UK for the hot tropical escape when there are so many closer options that are cheaper. The other reason why it is not a stopover destination is that it has no surrounding market... Hawaii is just that...Hawaii... it doesn't have nearby cities or countries to feed its service. It is remote.
56 types. 38 countries. 24 airlines.

ANCFlyer

Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:33 pm

Quoting Mutu (Reply 4):

Might be offensive, but it's spot on. Check out the Hilton Hawaiian Village next time you're in Honolulu . . . and check out the long haul 747s at HNL for Asian carriers. All high end vacation packages.

Quoting N1120A (Reply 8):
Why go to Hawaii to see Yanks with their guts hanging out, stuffing extra extra large big Macs in their mouths and eyeing up the prostitutes on the street corners of the main beach road?

I think you just combined Florida and Las Vegas without actually mentioning Hawai'i

Looks like someone hit a nerve there Frenchie. . .  silly 

Why would anyone in Europe want to make the trip anyway . . . you've got the Med in your back yard! What a terrific playground. The beaches in Spain alone are worth staying right there in Europe.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

mainMAN

Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:55 pm

Quoting Mutu (Reply 4):

It is offensive, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. If he was talking about Faliraki, I'd be inclined to agree, but Barbados and the DR? That's not right is it?

Every nation has its banana-boat riding, bargain basement end of the travel market.

PanAm used to operate through flights from LHR to HNL, whether they were via JFK and LAX, or just LAX I don't know.

RichardPrice

Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:58 pm

Quoting Mutu (Reply 4):

I disagree, its painfully true  Sad

Brits suck on holiday, thats just the way of it. Infact, a typical saturday night out in the UK will also see many of the mentioned acts, its dispicable.

pawsleykat

Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:41 pm

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 21):
How far is it form Paris (CDG) to Tahiti (PPT)? That has to be a similar haul.

Doesn't that flight go via LAX? My aunt went to Tahiti with AF and that flight stopped over in LAX.

JG
First Class passengers are my favourites. They can't get any further forward without an ATPL.

highguy76

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:03 pm

Didn't Hawaiian Airlines used to fly a one stop from MAN several years ago?
Highguy76

CHRISBA777ER

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:06 pm

Quoting Pawsleykat (Reply 37):

They only use A343s - they cannot do CDG-PPT non-stop. All their flights go via JFK or LAX.

There was talk of them getting a pair of A345s to do it N/S but nothing's come of it as far as I know. I know they were looking at LGW - dunno whats happened with that, but it will be lovely to see more A340s there, and such a pretty one at that! Big grin
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

StarGoldLHR

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:14 pm

doesn't need low-rent UK package tourists roaming Waikiki in packs in search of an Irish pub and vomiting on the feet of the visiting Japanese

Or striking french men with placards moaning about the lack of state aid.
So far in 2008 45 flights and Gold already. JFK, IAD, LGA, SIN, HKG, NRT, AKL, PPT, LAX still to book ! Home Airport LCY

StarGoldLHR

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:16 pm

Quoting Mutu (Reply 4):

Agreed.. name me one successful French colony ?
So far in 2008 45 flights and Gold already. JFK, IAD, LGA, SIN, HKG, NRT, AKL, PPT, LAX still to book ! Home Airport LCY

justplanecrazy

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:17 pm

You don't know Hawaii.Ive been to Tahiti and Hawaii and they are both very beautiful but there's lots more to see and do in Hawaii,active volcanoes,the world's biggest waves,great mountains,whales,and so much more.
I've travelled a lot all over the world on my holidays and Hawaii is my favourite destination.It's a joy to fly 10.5+5.5 hours when you know your going to Hawaii.Just to see the waves in winter at banzai pipeline is worth the flight.All the islands are remarkably different.   

[Edited 2006-04-13 16:45:10]
your pilots today on this 747 flight are captain oliver hardy and assisting will be FO stan laurel.Have a safe flight

justplanecrazy

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:22 pm

Also Hawaii has more visitors in a day than Tahiti has in a year,yet Tahiti is only 3 hours extra flying time away from the w coast of the US.
your pilots today on this 747 flight are captain oliver hardy and assisting will be FO stan laurel.Have a safe flight

StarGoldLHR

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:24 pm

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 5):

As a brit who used to live in California, I think you used to be one of the 18-30's chavs who pretend your above it by living in California and telling everyone.

If you visited home you may discover since 1997 things have improved considerably and may of those 18-30's are now 30-40's and think more of a destination than it's beach.

At the end of the day Hawaii is not served direct by an airline as there is not enough demand to fill a long range airliner. Best chance would be Air New Zealand switcihing a flight to HNL than LAX, but really there's more business pax revenue at LAX than HNL.

Lets turn this discussion around..

why is there no SFO / LAX / SEA flight to Cyprus, or Malta ?

Or a Direct flight from Dubai to Bermuda

or Singapore to the Cayman Islands.

None of these islands are "Chavvy", non of these cities are poor...

quite simple... there isnt enough demand to fill the plane.

CRGsFuture

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:29 pm

Quoting Justplanecrazy:
You don't know Hawaii.Ive been to Tahiti and Hawaii and they are both very beautiful but there's lots more to see and do in Hawaii,active volcanoes,the world's biggest waves,great mountains,whales,and so much more.
I've travelled a lot all over the world on my holidays and Hawaii is my favourite destination.It's a joy to fly 10.5+5.5 hours when you know your going to Hawaii.Just to see the waves in winter at banzai pipeline is worth the flight.All the islands are remarkable different.

Not only more to do, but cheaper. In Tahiti the prices are through the roof, at Hawaii it is a little more reasonable.
Flying you to your destination; your girlfriend to her dreams.

SeaMeFly

Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:07 am

With a 2nd HNL service leaves so late from SEA (around 5pm), NW's AMS-SEA makes it possible for same day connection too.

ba757gla

Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:40 am

how long does it take to fly from LAX/SEA/SFO to HNL?

jfr

Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:42 am

Europe to Hawaii is like talking to my Kiwi friends about the Caribbean.

Too hard, lah!

cxb744

Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:52 am

Quoting Commavia (Reply 6):
IINM, UA used to a have a same-flight (though I think different-plane) service LHR-LAX-HNL. Could be wrong. Either way, though, both AA and UA can easily get you from LHR to Hawaii (HNL, OGG, KOA and LIH) with a single stop in LAX.

United stills has direct service, with a plane change, from LHR. UA 934/935 LHR-LAX-HNL. Equipment: B777-200ER (LAX-LHR), B767-300ER (LAX-HNL).

I've seen the flight many times flying out of Heathrow. It's posted as Los Angeles/Honolulu.
What is it? It's A 747-400, but that's not important right now.