SAS Braathens To Go Budget

Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:22 pm

SAS Braathens to go budget
SAS Braathens will change its stance as traditional Scandinavian flagship and instead gear up to fight budget airlines on their own terms.

SAS Braathens director Petter Jansen told newspaper Dagbladet that the airline will now bank on being the service with the best prices on offer.

"We want plenty of Norwegians on board so that they can see that we take this goal seriously. During Easter we will offer double the number of low-price tickets compared to last year," Jansen said.

"We are talking about up to three million tickets on domestic and international routes. With that kind of volume we are guaranteed to reach our goal of being seen as a low price company."

Jansen hopes that SAS Braathens can make amends after thousands of travelers were left stranded when cabin crew went on strike last Thursday.

Jansen said that travelers who were affected by the strike and who have a damage claim will be a top priority.

RE: SAS Braathens To Go Budget

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:41 pm

Wasn't that sort of how Braathens S.A.F.E. started out? I remember flying them in the 80's and it was pretty much seat-as-you-can 737 all coach service.

RE: SAS Braathens To Go Budget

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:51 pm

Hi Heisan67 !
Well i checked www.sasbraathens.no and nothing special about prices,or i am missing something?TOS-OSL still the same
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion /لدي شغف للطيران / I have a passion for aviation /Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart/ J'ai une passion pour l'aviation.