bambicruz

3 New Airlines In The Nigerian Sky

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:29 am

It's not mentionned but I suppose that all of them are going to Open a route to Lagos. any idea what the frequencies might be ?

Article : http://www.tribune.com.ng/140406/news11.htm
F*** Me Im Famous!

louA340

RE: 3 New Airlines In The Nigerian Sky

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:48 am

Its most likely that they would all be going to Lagos, theres where the biggest market is. Good news for travel in west africa because there is more competition comming around and hopefully will bring prices down. European airlines have had a monopoly on these routes for too long a time.
With Continental airlines however I know it has been discussed endlessly before if that route will actually begin or not due to issues with traffic rights for Virgin Nigeria. I hope they finally go ahead with the route. We'll just have to wait and see.
RyEng

soups

Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:06 am

Qatar had its eye on Lagos about a year ago, same as continental.
Royal Air maroc is now expanding a lot further in west africa with new service to Accra and lagos also in central africa like Kinshasa.
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra

stirling

Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:13 am

The only other locations I could imagine supporting international service would be Kano in the north, Abuja the capital in the nation's center, and oil rich Port Harcourt in the delta of the SE.

British Caledonian served Kano (?) many years ago.

Given Lagos' problems with corruption, I could very well see, especially Qatar possibly enjoying market efficiencies transporting pax directly to where they want to go in Nigeria, bypassing the notorious imbroglio found in Nigeria's largest city.
Delete this User