LHRjc
Topic Author

EZY Flight Turns Back After Mid-Air Fight

Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:37 am

Just found the below... I did a quick search but found nothing. Apologies if it's already been posted. This is my first post on a.net so please go easy on me  Wink

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13519056,00.html

quote:

A Newcastle-bound flight was forced to turn back to Belfast after a fight broke out on board, it has been revealed.

The easyJet pilot decided to return to Belfast International Airport minutes into the flight after a number of passengers became disruptive.

Ten men were questioned by airport police and warned about their behaviour following the incident, which happened late on Thursday afternoon.

An airport spokeswoman said there were no arrests and confirmed the flight, which was carrying 139 passengers, took off 90 minutes later.

The men, who are believed to be from England and Northern Ireland, were not allowed back on board and had to make their own travel arrangements.

An easyJet spokesman said: "I can confirm an incident occurred on flight EZY554 from Belfast to Newcastle, which caused the plane to turn around.

"The nature of this incident will be investigated by police."
"Our 319's are very reliable. They get fixed very quickly."

sunshine79

RE: EZY Flight Turns Back After Mid-Air Fight

Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:45 am

The fight broke out 10 minutes after take-off. It caused the FAO flight to be delayed by around 12 hours. Apparently the 10 passengers involved in this were not arrested but were told to make their own way to NCL. I wonder if FlyBe carried them?
Formerly alcregular, Why drive when you can fly?

IFEMaster

Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:49 am

Quoting LHRjc (Thread starter):
Just found the below... I did a quick search but found nothing. Apologies if it's already been posted. This is my first post on a.net so please go easy on me Wink

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0....html

It will never cease to amaze me what can happen in an airplane. If this happened 10 minutes after take off, it's reasonable to assume there had been some aggression at the gate or while boarding or taxiing etc between the parties involved.

Thanks for posting. And welcome to a.net  wave 
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

BMIFlyer

Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:51 am

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

gkirk

Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:58 am

Good to see EZY flights into NCL with good loads  Wink
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

Glasgow

Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:33 am

these english dobbers again......!