JMJAirways
Topic Author

Brazilian Airline Market Status?

Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:08 am

Hello!

I have some questions about the market in Brazil that I hope some of you could help me answer.

As I understand the market is growing, but which are the key players on the market? Varig, TAM ? Any low cost carriers?

How healthy are Varig and TAM?

What do you think of the future of the market?

Any information is great for me!

Thanks

Best regards
I am willing to pay extra for a A346 flight !

LipeGIG

RE: Brazilian Airline Market Status?

Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:02 am

Hi JMJAirways,

The Key players in Brazil (domestic) are TAM with 44%, Gol with 30% and Varig with 19%.

BRA and Ocean Air come as minor players, but both growing.

Only Gol and Tam keep a healthy situation with a strong cash position, new planes, access to credit lines and new planes to be delivered during the next years.

Future: Gol and Tam will become major players on South America with Lan. The brazilian market will grow during the next 5 years at annual rates up to 15%, new minor players will be created and more cities will receive services.

See some news on Gol on another thread: GOL Update (by LipeGIG Apr 11 2006 in Civil Aviation)

Felipe
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

JMJAirways
Topic Author

Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:44 am

Quoting LipeGIG (Reply 1):
Future: Gol and Tam will become major players on South America with Lan. The brazilian market will grow during the next 5 years at annual rates up to 15%, new minor players will be created and more cities will receive services.

GOL do not operate outside Brazil that much only few destinations!? Any plans to expand more outside Brazil?

How is people "looking" at GOL, TAM, Varig , I mean what are their reactions on these airlines?

Which airline is most aggressive in marketing in Brazil?

Thanks

Best regards
I am willing to pay extra for a A346 flight !

LipeGIG

Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:18 am

Quoting JMJAirways (Reply 2):
GOL do not operate outside Brazil that much only few destinations!? Any plans to expand more outside Brazil?

Yes, they only operate: Buenos Aires, Rosario, Cordoba (Argentina), Montevideo (Uruguay), Assuncion (Paraguay) and Santa Cruz de La Sierra (Bolivia). They have plans to CCS, LIM, probably MEX very soon and 2 more cities on Argentina.

How is people "looking" at GOL, TAM, Varig , I mean what are their reactions on these airlines?

Gol - "Just a way to get you from A to B. Not so confortable, but if i book very early i can get really good fares"
Varig - "Delays, cancellations, change of aircrafts and downgrades... Am i flying ? Check-in is always a surprise!"
Tam - "Confort, more options of flights, but a very simple service"

Which airline is most aggressive in marketing in Brazil?

No doubt it's Gol. Also aggresive on the prices. Their marketing is really smart, and they keep an advantage due to it's name (means Goal) and the strong relation with soccer, the national sport.

Felipe
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

AwysBSB

Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:34 am

Quoting JMJAirways (Thread starter):
What do you think of the future of the market?

The market will have to grow a lot, because a very little percentage of the Brazilian population is being benefited by the air transportation system.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos