Curious
Topic Author

US No Fly List?

Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:24 am

Is there a list somewhere of Airlines/operators not permitted to US due to safety or other reasons?

Many Thanks

AirframeAS

RE: US No Fly List?

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:04 am

Quoting Curious (Thread starter):
Is there a list somewhere of Airlines/operators not permitted to US due to safety or other reasons?

There was a thread on it before, I cant find it, but IIRC that list is totally classified from public view/knowledge. The only way to find out if you're on it is to fly within the U.S. and see if you're flagged.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

AirScoot

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:10 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 1):
There was a thread on it before, I cant find it, but IIRC that list is totally classified from public view/knowledge. The only way to find out if you're on it is to fly within the U.S. and see if you're flagged.

I think the OP was talking about carriers, not passengers. I'm sure there's one published somewhere by the DOT. There was a thread in ref: banned airlines in the EU but I don't remember seeing anything on US or even Canadian banned carriers. I'm feeling a little too lazy to search for it.

AirframeAS

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:47 am

Quoting AirScoot (Reply 2):
I think the OP was talking about carriers, not passengers.

My mistake, correction noted.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.