Comair And Its Flight Attendants Still Can't Agree

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:05 am

Courtesy: Associated Press

Comair, Union Still Can't Agree In Dispute Over Contract

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/business/14397559.htm

atlaaron

RE: Comair And Its Flight Attendants Still Can't Agree

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:13 am

Anyone else think Delta might like to see them go?

FlyDeltaJets

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:06 am

Can I get 100 million. anybody. Going once twice.
The only valid opinions are those based in facts

tinpusher007

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:13 am

Well, who could blame them (the F/A's). I think the beginning pay scale that Comair wants to impose is something like 11-14K and the most senior F/A topping out in the low to mid 30's, I believe. This for a job that FAA MANDATES for safety. These people are trained to help save your life in the event of an emergency, despite the fact that since commercial air travel is exceedingly safe, they never have to perform these functions. We need only remember the AF A340 that went of the rwy at YYZ. Those F/A's and all F/A's for that matter deserve all the credit in the world. For all those who will argue about the education level of F/A's etc, just think what would have happened had they not gotten everyone out of that inferno in 90 secs or less.

Im sorry, I know times are hard, especially with the increase in price for oil...we all feel that everytime we fill up at the pump. But thats just it, we the CONSUMER feel it at the pump. You don't see oil companies making their employees bear the brunt of that. Only in the airline industry would the logic go that way. It is time for the airlines to do the simple. smart thing and collectively raise fares and stop moanning about pricing power that they don't have. It is nothing short of criminal what these airlines deem as acceptable compensation for their employees. Delta did Comair a real favor by buying them, only to take have them along into CH.11 and to solve their problems, they introduce Simplifares, first in CVG by the way. Gee, I wonder why they are in such a mess now. And whos to blame? Of course greedy, overpaid pilots and now F/A's apparently. Sorry for the rant...deep breath!
"Flying isn't inherently dangerous...but very unforgiving of carelessness, incapacity or neglect."

ckfred

Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:13 pm

The question that comes to my mind is what happens if Comair's F/As walk out? It would have far less of an impact than if DL's pilots had gone out on strike. Yet, DL is not in any position to forsake revenue of any amount. If Comair isn't flying, those passengers will be flying someone else.

tinpusher007

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:53 pm

Unlike pilots, F/A's and particularly regional airline F/A's have a lot less to lose if they strike or simply quit. Thet could easily find new jobs that pay a lot better. DL is way too fragile at this point to take another strike from Comair and the F/A's know it. It's better for the company to negotiate in good faith with them and settle.
"Flying isn't inherently dangerous...but very unforgiving of carelessness, incapacity or neglect."