aio86

United And Taca

Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:52 pm

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone knew the status of the codeshare and mileage agreement between United and TACA. If it is still planned to start, is there a date for when it will begin? United reservations agents did not seem to know anything.

I am flying to South America on TACA mid-June and would love to be able to earn UA mileage while I fly. Think there is a chance that will happen?

Thanks for your imput!

LAXintl

RE: United And Taca

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:35 pm

United and TACA have only recently filed with the DOT for approval to codeshare.

Until the approval is granted, neither airline can co-market each other services.

Considering the summer schedule season has already started, its unlikely, TACA and UA would implement the code share if approved until the fall or winter.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

MGA

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:01 am

I called TA a couple days back and they said their partner is still AA and they have no clue about when UA is tagging along...

MGA
Que viva el guaro, el dinero y los aviones!!!

carmenlu15

Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:15 am

Quoting Aio86 (Thread starter):
I am flying to South America on TACA mid-June and would love to be able to earn UA mileage while I fly. Think there is a chance that will happen?

The current FF agreement with American Airlines is still valid up to June 30. My guess is you wouldn't be able to earn UA mileage for this trip then...
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.