Cessna172RG
Topic Author

Alaska's GSA Severance Packages...

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:09 pm

I was talking with several former Alaska Ground Service Agents (GSA's) recently and we got onto the subject of severance packages. However, they did not provide me with a lot of details. Yes, I know that this is a sore topic in the industry, but I was wondering, what did these employees receive in accordance with their layoffs? I have heard rumors from everything to a cash settlement to an actual blanket from the plane as a gift. Can anyone offer some details?
Save the whales...for dinner!!!

flywithken

RE: Alaska's GSA Severance Packages...

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:30 pm

Although i dont like adding to unconfirmed details, i had lots of buddies that were affected by the layoffs. Im not sure of the details but heres what i know.

I too have heard cash, although i dont know the amounts. I do know that a few of my ex-coworkers lived off the severance for a long time (several months). I know they got tuition paid for if they decided to go back to school and i know they got flight benefits extended for a year for every two years of service (ex. a guy with 10 years on the ground got 5 years of flight beny's).

This is what i know. Too bad i had resigned 7 months before the layoffs...i would not be paying to go to school right now...the cash wouldnt have been bad either!

Cheers
Ken

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos