CX747
Topic Author

"Spirit of Hong Kong"

Wed Feb 17, 1999 1:43 am

Has anyone seen "Spirit of Hong Kong" lately? I was wondering if it was still operating. The last I heard of it was in November of 98.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower

RE: "Spirit of Hong Kong"

Wed Feb 17, 1999 1:52 am

The color has already been stripped off. I HEARD that CX is going to get rid of its 747-200 fleet and sell them to Qantas.

RE: "Spirit of Hong Kong"

Wed Feb 17, 1999 11:43 am

The Cathay Pacific "Spirit of Hong Kong" is still operating. The saw it recently in Hong Kong. Keep an eye on the new livery "The Spirit of Hong Kong into the new Millenium" , which will be unveiled in late winter (nothern) on a brand new Boeing 747-400. This should be an interesting one.

I think the Cathay Pacific livery is one of the best around? What do you think? It is also one of the best airlines in the world!

RE: Cathay Pacific livery is ugly

Wed Feb 17, 1999 12:09 pm

The baby blue on the CX planes make it an eyes sore!! I think that the blue ruins the whole liver. I have never flown them but I have heard they are a good airline. If you are looking for a nice livery looks towards Virgin!!
Iain

Wed Feb 17, 1999 2:18 pm

I think the color chosen by Cathay Pacific reflects Hong Kong peoples' identity. It does not mean to give an ultra-conservative look like the old BA livery or an ultra-liberal look like the pretty girl on Virgin.

CX747
Topic Author

Wed Feb 17, 1999 10:29 pm

I like the livery of Cathay Pacific both the old and the new. Virgin's and BA's are also great. I can't say much for the new BA's though. My mother loves it though!
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower

rb211

Fri Feb 19, 1999 2:08 pm

I WOULD LIKE TO REPLY TO MR. VIRGIN ATLANTIC:
IF YOU THINK THAT THE BABY BLUE ON CX PLANES MAKE YOU EYES SORE, YOU MUSTN'T LOOK AT THE PLANE AGAIN. AND NEVER TRAVEL ON IT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T FIT YOU TO MUCH, AS YOU SAY IT IS TO UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK CATHAY WON'T WELCOME YOU ABOARD.
Airline photography. Whether they're fully clothed, butt naked, having issues or confused I'm taking pictures!!