B777LR
Topic Author

Boeing Straightens Up And Flies Right

Mon May 01, 2006 1:51 pm

Hello fellow A.net members. This is my first post and hopefully many more to come. I have finally after about 4 years on this lovely site consuming my time and my life, I thought I would give back a little and got a first class membership. Anywho.

Very interesting article about Boeing in Business Week. It spells out very good times ahead for Boeing if certain cards are played right. Of course there there are still a few things that could jeopardize the growth of the company. Gas prices and a need I believe to increase 787 production without cost overruns and no major setbacks in the flight testing stage. I think Boeing is going to have to increase its final assembly stage of the 787 to meet demand because as of now the main selling point as being available before the A350 is gone. enjoy the article and have a nice day.

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...db016.htm?site=cbs&campaign_id=cbs

jacobin777

RE: Boeing Straightens Up And Flies Right

Mon May 01, 2006 1:54 pm

Quoting B777LR (Thread starter):
Hello fellow A.net members. This is my first post and hopefully many more to come. I have finally after about 4 years on this lovely site consuming my time and my life, I thought I would give back a little and got a first class membership. Anywho.

Very interesting article about Boeing in Business Week. It spells out very good times ahead for Boeing if certain cards are played right. Of course there there are still a few things that could jeopardize the growth of the company. Gas prices and a need I believe to increase 787 production without cost overruns and no major setbacks in the flight testing stage. I think Boeing is going to have to increase its final assembly stage of the 787 to meet demand because as of now the main selling point as being available before the A350 is gone. enjoy the article and have a nice day.

welcome to A.net... Smile

thanks for the link...
"Up the Irons!"

Zkpilot

Mon May 01, 2006 2:53 pm

welcome.
Yeah B does need to implement a 2nd line by 2011 to produce aircraft 2011+, perhaps have the 2nd line build 787-10's with the 1st line building -3,-8,-9's
56 types. 38 countries. 24 airlines.

NAV20

Mon May 01, 2006 3:23 pm

B777LR, welcome in my turn, and thanks for the article. Good short summary of how Boeing seem to be doing everything right at the moment.
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards.." - Leonardo da Vinci