cgnnrw

Donating US Dividend Miles

Thu May 04, 2006 4:43 am

I signed up with US Dividend Miles a couuple of years back and took a few flights and earned some miles. Since then my situation has changed and I enrolled in a FFP with an airline from a different alliance as it was more convenient for me.

Anyway, I have about 13.000 miles and really don't see any reason to keep them since I can't redeem them for anything yet. I also don't want to just let them expire. So I thought I would donate them to one of US' charity programs.

If I understood correctly the minimum donation is 5000 miles and maximum 10.000. If I donated the maximum I would have about 3000 miles on my account. Can't I donate them too? It would be a shame to let them go to waste.Tips, suggestions? Did I overlook something?

Also, I have nothing against US or Star Alliance. It was just a personal decision to change FFPs.
A330 man.

HPRamper

RE: Donating US Dividend Miles

Thu May 04, 2006 8:03 am

I'm not sure on this but:
I do know the America West FlightFund program is a lot better about redeeming miles...Dividend Miles can only be used for seats and upgrades, while FlightFund Miles can be used for retail items, AND can be donated in increments of 1000 instead of 5000. These two programs are due to be integrated soon, I'm not sure if one can be used for the other yet, but if possible that is what I would recommend.

Anybody else know more about the FF program integration?

petmbro

Thu May 04, 2006 11:09 am

Why don't you donate 6500 miles and then make another donation of the remaining 6500 or would that not work? Too bad you can't donate them to other members, I'm at 91,000 and could use another 9 for a family vacation.
"don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining!" - Judge Judy

A330323X

Fri May 05, 2006 4:09 pm

http://www.usairways.com/dividendmiles/programinfo/charityprogram.htm

That page seems to indicate that there is no maximum to the amount of miles you can donate, only that there's a minimum of 5,000 miles.
I'm the expert on here on two things, neither of which I care about much anymore.

cgnnrw

Sat May 06, 2006 12:35 am

Quoting A330323X (Reply 3):
That page seems to indicate that there is no maximum to the amount of miles you can donate, only that there's a minimum of 5,000 miles.

You are correct. I went back and re-read the page again or better yet I paid attention this time........  embarrassed 

I've gone ahead and donated the miles. Hope they come to good use.
A330 man.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos