jorge1812

Shanghai Airlines To Join Star Alliance

Wed May 10, 2006 2:06 am

Hi.
Sorry if it's already in discussion, a search turned out nothing.

Just read it on Airliners.de - Will be announced tomorrow.

Only in German
http://www.airliners.de/airlines/nac...en/artikelseite.php?articleid=8470

Georg

tu154m

RE: Shanghai Airlines To Join Star Alliance

Wed May 10, 2006 2:43 am

Pretty soon they will be reviving Braniff and British Caledonian as members!!!!! It may be easier to list the airlines that aren't part of Star. The least they could do is change their bland paint scheme(i.e-add olors to it).
CEOs should swim with cement flippers!

swissgabe

Wed May 10, 2006 3:38 am

Quoting Tu154m (Reply 1):
Pretty soon they will be reviving Braniff and British Caledonian as members!!!!! It may be easier to list the airlines that aren't part of Star. The least they could do is change their bland paint scheme(i.e-add olors to it).

Wrong. I believe that the three markets of China, Russia and India are not yet covered and still bring a big potential with them. However, your quote could refer to all their European carriers being part of Star Alliance. But not Africa, nor South America and the Pacific Region.
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

Flying Belgian

Wed May 10, 2006 3:50 am

Quoting Swissgabe (Reply 2):
Wrong. I believe that the three markets of China, Russia and India are not yet covered and still bring a big potential with them. However, your quote could refer to all their European carriers being part of Star Alliance. But not Africa, nor South America and the Pacific Region.

Indeed, the big stake for the three major Alliances will be PRC, Russia and India. With SkyTeam having already SU and presumably China Southern, they have to rush without making strategic and marketing mistakes...

FB.
Life is great at 41.000 feet...