boeingbus

I Just Dont Get It...

Thu May 11, 2006 10:44 am

I don't get it how certain countries are giving away tax money to Airbus... I just read an article of how the UK taxpayers are going to have shell out "£500m-£600m in support." for the development of the A350. This is just after UK shelled out money for the A380 development.

http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/article363723.ece

Talk about corporate welfare over in Europe. You all should be outraged... EADS has over 5 billion Euros of cash, great cash flows from the record deliveries and its going to get paid for delivering the A380's... Hello???

Where is the outrage? Are there any UK, Germans or French that disapprove of this? You can't blame Airbus for this because this support is available.

Please don't compare this to Boeing... lets not turn this to A v B thread... lets talk about policies, and public fairness for the use of tax receipts in Europe.

Aviation aside, do you all think this is fair?

Why is Airbus getting this preferential treatment?
Airbus or Boeing - it's all good to me!

ATAIndy

RE: I Just Dont Get It...

Thu May 11, 2006 10:53 am

Quoting BoeingBus (Thread starter):
Aviation aside, do you all think this is fair?

If this is aviaiton aside, doesn't it belong it non-av?

-Feister
Boiler up! - Next flights: IND-MIA, MIA-IND

JayinKitsap

Thu May 11, 2006 10:58 am

Having government picking specific companies to get support but not others is both very inefficient and basically unfair. Why should startup type businesses pay higher taxes to support or subsidize another business that has been around or is connected.

I wouldn't want my government picking out the what to invest my money in, mostly because they are usually quite lousy with picking the true winners.

khobar

Thu May 11, 2006 11:26 am

Interesting coming from a UK publication, considering all the money the UK is supposedly getting from Airbus in royalties. Very strange article.