bebe2006

Maxjet And STN

Thu May 11, 2006 12:12 pm

Maxjet started service I believe from washington couple weeks ago to Stansted. Gave up after 25 minutes on hold to get update from corporate on flt availability etc. Any idea if running on schedule andf pricing as didn't get from website

utapao

RE: Maxjet And STN

Thu May 11, 2006 12:18 pm

A good friend took a weekend trip IAD-STN on Maxjet last weekend for a $500USD introductory fare. He said there were 35+/- people on each segment, the aircraft was comfortable, service good and dept/arr on time.

Biz r/t to UK for $500 was awfully tempting. Unfortunately I read his email inviting me to tag along the day after his return!!!

I quickly glanced at their website and think they had a $1K r/t fare for the next month or so.

I wish them luck. The industry needs alternatives to the options that are out there today. I dreamt last night that the US re-regulated. I haven't decieded yet what type of dream it was.
Sawasdee khrab!

bebe2006

RE: Maxjet And STN

Thu May 11, 2006 12:42 pm

I flew on their JFK/STN flight and given the price it was pretty good even with all the trainees on board trying to figure out what to do. It was half empty but I applaud their efforts. Had a 4 hour delay on takeoff but I didn't need any connections in UK. That's why i am inquiring anout DC flights