mkirch72

USA3000 Airlines --- Thoughts?

Fri May 12, 2006 12:50 am

I live near the St. Pete/Clearwater Int'l Airport (PIE) where the only current domestic US carrier is USA3000 (U5 I believe). They serve seven cities out of PIE and I've flown them several times and have had nothing but a good experience.

They seem to be a very quiet company however because little to nothing can be found online regarding their financial performance.

I know they still do charters for Apple Vacations, but their scheduled service seems to be increasing and their fares are fairly low --- as little as $69 each way, no rondtrip purchase requirement, no advance purchase timeframe, etc.

My question is -- how are they doing financially? How are they able to offer such low fares? Did they hedge their fuel purchases?

What do you all think in general about U5 and it's future?

luv2fly

RE: USA3000 Airlines --- Thoughts?

Fri May 12, 2006 12:56 am

They actually are owned by Apple Vacations! The reason for all the Florida flights is to have the planes do something when they are not flying charter flights for parent comapny Apple Vacations.
You can cut the irony with a knife

steeler83

Fri May 12, 2006 1:03 am

They only fly one aircraft as well, and I don't think that they have that many aircraft. The aircraft they use are A320s... I think that may have something to do wth it...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

airwave

Fri May 12, 2006 1:23 am

Quoting Mkirch72 (Thread starter):
They seem to be a very quiet company however because little to nothing can be found online regarding their financial performance.

As Luv2fly noted, USA3000 is actually a part of Apple Vacations, and as both USA3000 and Apple Vacations are privately held, there is no requirement for them to disclose their financial information, so they don't.

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 2):
They only fly one aircraft as well, and I don't think that they have that many aircraft. The aircraft they use are A320s.

Yup, they started operations in early 2003 with a pair of leased A320s and now they have 14 of the birds (all leased from quite the alphabet soup: GECAS, ILFC, RBS).

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 1):
The reason for all the Florida flights is to have the planes do something when they are not flying charter flights for parent comapny Apple Vacations.

Actually, they have up to 54 daily scheduled flights, so most of their operations now fall under scheduled service, as opposed to charter.

Airwave  eyebrow 
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

luv2fly

Fri May 12, 2006 1:32 am

Quoting Airwave (Reply 3):
Actually, they have up to 54 daily scheduled flights, so most of their operations now fall under scheduled service, as opposed to charter.

Not totally, as they sell both the charter flights under the usa3000.com web site as a scheduled flight.
You can cut the irony with a knife

airwave

Fri May 12, 2006 1:58 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 4):

Not totally, as they sell both the charter flights under the usa3000.com web site as a scheduled flight.

Hmm, interesting. Didn't realize that was the case. Thanks for the info.

Airwave  eyebrow 
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

gilesdavies

Fri May 12, 2006 2:27 am

They like using UK Charter airlines A320's during the winter months...

When I arrived at PHL on a flight from LGW with US Airways last year there was a pair of Thomas Cook Airlines A320's on lease to USA 3000, and had flown earlier that year on both of those A320's from LGW-JSI!

Monarch Airlines and First Choise Airways have also leased them aircraft.

LV

Fri May 12, 2006 2:27 am

They seem to have billboards all over Ft. Myers and Cape Coral advertising $69 one ways to the six cities they fly out of RSW.

wjcandee

Fri May 12, 2006 4:32 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 4):

Well...actually what happens is that they know that their package vacation customers have a preference for "scheduled" service, so they provide "scheduled" service on their own aircraft and put the public and their own customers on those flights.

There are also "public charters" sold on the usa3000.com site that are not sked service and operate under different FAA rules.

There are probably relatively-few strictly-package-charter flights operated by usa3000. No reason to do it when you can make it a public charter and fill the empty seats through a different marketing channel.

[Edited 2006-05-11 21:32:25]

Humberside

Fri May 12, 2006 5:44 am

The USA3000 route map clearly identifies the scheduled and public charter flights if anyone is interested
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos