AIRBUSRIDER
Topic Author

How Does B6 Determine Which Aircraft Goes Where?

Fri May 12, 2006 9:25 pm

I was just wondering how Jetblue picks aircraft for a specific route. I have flown on 35 of the B6 aircraft so far, many of them as much as 6 times and I was wondering if any B6 employee can tell which aircraft is going to which airport on any given day. I am off to Burbank this Sunday morning and I wish there was a way I could know what bus I will be on. Does anybody know????
No Officer, I am not a Terrorist !

B6JFKH81

RE: How Does B6 Determine Which Aircraft Goes Where?

Sat May 13, 2006 6:54 am

I am not in the department that deals with scheduling, but I can help out with the how. All aircraft are tracked on time, cycles, etc. Based mostly on MX scheduling and planning, any open DMI/MEL items and the like they are able to determine which aircraft to fly where to keep the a/c staggered for the various checks they have to go through (i.e. "C" checks where they are out of service for a few days at a time).
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"

propilotjw

RE: How Does B6 Determine Which Aircraft Goes Where?

Sat May 13, 2006 10:35 am

There is a tracking system but due to aircraft swaps, 503JB might be scheduled to go to LGB but an hour before the flight it is swapped and goes to MCO instead. there is no real way to plan a trip to fly a specific tail. Much like Southwest, they swap tails 737-7 for 737-7 all day long. same range and seats so easy to swap and no one would know... except us airline people lol