LRGT

US Stepped Up Its Intl Game... Your Turn B6!

Sat May 13, 2006 1:27 pm

With transatlatic fares SOARING and the transcon's bleeding red ink, why doesn't jetBlue change some A320 orders into something (A319 ETOPS or A330) that will allow them to diversify and go where the profits are? (i.e. JFK-CDG) ...I know wall st will grill them for that, but it should quickly return them to profitability.

US has stepped up its game big time (it can with the HP ETOPS 757's) and the rest is history for them!
Don't bring up the NW DC9's unless you have to!

A330323X

RE: US Stepped Up Its Intl Game... Your Turn B6!

Sun May 14, 2006 9:41 am

Quoting Lrgt (Thread starter):
US has stepped up its game big time (it can with the HP ETOPS 757's)

Actually, the only new routes for the HP ETOPS 757's is the Hawaii service, they won't be going to Europe.

US acquired its own ETOPS 757's for its own certificate, three ex-ATA birds. They'll be the ones going to LIS/GLA/SNN.
I'm the expert on here on two things, neither of which I care about much anymore.

MaartenV

RE: US Stepped Up Its Intl Game... Your Turn B6!

Sun May 14, 2006 10:07 am

Quoting Lrgt (Thread starter):
why doesn't jetBlue change some A320 orders into something (A319 ETOPS or A330) that will allow them to diversify and go where the profits are? (i.e. JFK-CDG) ...I know wall st will grill them for that, but it should quickly return them to profitability.

I don't think that its that easy...

If you keeping seats across the Atlantic would, it will be just a matter of time before those flights will be bleeding red ink as well.

I think B6 should just stick to their current plan(e)s , just slow down their expansion a bit in order to prevent over expanding.
Its all about supply and demand...