rpwgw

JAL Business Class

Wed Jun 14, 2000 11:17 pm

I have booked to fly BNE-NRT-VANCOUVER and back to SYD in September in business class (I have to go for four days only so I want some sleep on the way). The aircraft will be 747-300s all the way. Has anyone flown them recently because I understand that there is no PTV in the business class seats on these aircraft, and I wonder what the age of the seats is - are they the latest generation of business class seats or not?

The fare ex Australia was $4120 (AUD) return which is the cheapest by far. Qantas via Honolulu was over $6000 and UA, which is one of my favourites was over $7000.

what's the business class service like?

bacardi182

RE: JAL Business Class

Thu Jun 15, 2000 11:59 am

i flew buisness class with JAL about 2 years(nrt-sydney) ago on a 747-200 and it was very enjoyable. the seats were about the same ass AA's new buisness class seats but i dont know what generation they were. the service was amazing, the seats were good. and there were personal tvs on the return trip. the weird thing was that i flew buisness class on both trips, both flights had 747-200s, but on the return we had ptvs and were on the upper deck, while when we were going to we were in the front(flying the plane   ) the seats were the same but there were no ptvs, how strange?

BTW- get ready to recieve many hot towels and a free present when you get off of the plane(picture frame and silverware)

thai747

Thu Jun 15, 2000 12:31 pm

Could be very possible that the 747-200s used on your trip to Sydney are the ones used for the high-load domestic flight, which I'm sure they wouldn't be spending money putting amentities on the plane intended to fly in a 2 hours long flight. My dad was recently on one of their 747 to Hawaii on business class, he said the plane was in the Super Resort colors ( which are meant for JALways ) and the entertainment on their planes weren't very good.. that could be the case

rpwgw

Thu Jun 15, 2000 3:32 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I guess the issue is that when the airlines advertise new seating and don't deliver it raises consumer issues. UA had a lot of trouble in New Zealand with people getting their old seats during the transition period.

I might try EVA Air instead as it is cheaper by $300 and you fly Qantas to Taipei and on in a EVA 747-400

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos