Boeing Nut
Topic Author

Video Of AA Flt 77 To Be Released

Wed May 17, 2006 1:22 am

On CNN now. Video of flight 77 hitting the Pentagon to be released.
I'm not a real aeronautical engineer, I just play one on Airliners.net.

contrails

Wed May 17, 2006 1:31 am

A video other than the one that's already been released? If so, where was the camera?
Flying Colors Forever!

crogalski

Wed May 17, 2006 1:32 am

I just did a google news search, says it will be released at 1300EST

It's supposedly the one from the Sheraton Hotel across the street.
A319 A320 A321 A330 B717 B727 B737 B747 B757 B767 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 DC9 E145 E190 MD88 Q400 | AA AB B6 CO DL EI FL NK

Boeing7E7

Wed May 17, 2006 1:37 am

That'll put an end to the missle debate. Now if the Chemtrail clowns will go away....  Smile

crogalski

Wed May 17, 2006 1:41 am

Well, they've had 6 years to remake the video...  duck 

Silly
A319 A320 A321 A330 B717 B727 B737 B747 B757 B767 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 DC9 E145 E190 MD88 Q400 | AA AB B6 CO DL EI FL NK

11Bravo

Wed May 17, 2006 1:43 am

Quoting Boeing7E7 (Reply 3):
That'll put an end to the missle debate.

No it won't. It may even intensify the debate. The tin-hat crowd will just dismiss the video as a fake. That's the beauty of almost all conspiracy theories; they don't rely on evidence or logic. Anything contradictory can simply be dismissed as part of the conspiracy.
WhaleJets Rule!

Boeing7E7

RE: Video Of AA Flt 77 To Be Released

Wed May 17, 2006 1:47 am

Quoting 11Bravo (Reply 5):
No it won't. It may even intensify the debate. The tin-hat crowd will just dismiss the video as a fake. That's the beauty of almost all conspiracy theories; they don't rely on evidence or logic. Anything contradictory can simply be dismissed as part of the conspiracy.

We can dream though. Don't ruin the dream man!!!!!!!!  Smile

JOSEMEX

Wed May 17, 2006 1:54 am

Wanna bet on how long 'til someone relates the timing of this video's release to GWB's current low poll numbers?

L1329II

Wed May 17, 2006 2:06 am

Quoting Boeing7E7 (Reply 3):
That'll put an end to the missle debate.

Wait, its that still being debated?
"By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

Boeing7E7

Wed May 17, 2006 2:14 am

Quoting L1329II (Reply 8):

In some peoples minds... In some peoples minds....  Smile

B777ER

Wed May 17, 2006 2:24 am

The website that will be hosting the file has crashed (likely due to everyone logging on to it). Likely will not be up rest of day.

RICARIZA

Wed May 17, 2006 2:27 am

Quoting L1329II (Reply 8):

The debate AFAIK is that if it was really a missile, what happened to that AA flight and its passengers?
I miss ACES, I am proud of AVIANCA & I am loyal to AMERICAN

Boeing7E7

Wed May 17, 2006 2:38 am

Quoting RICARIZA (Reply 11):
The debate AFAIK is that if it was really a missile, what happened to that AA flight and its passengers?

Aliens zapped them out of the sky.  Smile

Wed May 17, 2006 2:39 am

Quoting RICARIZA (Reply 11):

It sure is interesting that none of the conspiracy theorists have pursued that question. Seems to me if I wanted to prove that flight didn't hit the Pentagon, the very first thing I'd do is look for evidence of what happened to that airplane and those people instead. (Maybe they *have* pursued it, but not publicized it much, most likely because they don't have anything?)
7 hours aint long-haul

Flaps

Wed May 17, 2006 3:10 am

The passenger debate was settled years ago.....They were spirited away by black helicopters to work in the mushroom mines of Pennsylvania so that production of magic mushrooms could be increased to feed the poor, starving, innocent alter boys at Gitmo........ crackup 

AirEMS

Wed May 17, 2006 3:21 am

MSNBC said that the video had been leaked in past by Judicial Watch.org I googled it but couldn't find it... Also if you want to see what the conspiracy theorists are punting around these days I suggest

www.freepressinternational.com

it has whole sections devoted to 9/11 and everyone's favorite conspiracy the truth behind DIA!!! (dramatic music starts)

Fly Work & Think Safe (lol)
-Carl
If Your Dying Were Flying

DfwRevolution

Wed May 17, 2006 3:26 am

Is there are mirror site yet? My computer won't load the CNN bullshit media player...

Desh

Wed May 17, 2006 3:28 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/1861977.stm

BBC says these are newly released pics

"
A sequence of five newly-released pictures shows the moment a hijacked American Airlines plane slammed into the Pentagon on 11 September, 2001.

"

I still cant see a plane - can anyone help ... or are the photos spaced such that none captured the plane ?

Disclaimer - this has nothing to do with conspiracy theory or nothing - am just curious ...
"History is merely a list of surprises. It can only prepare us to be surprised yet again." - Kurt Vonnegut

trekster

Wed May 17, 2006 3:30 am

Seen those pics lots of times before.
They aint new
Where does the time go???

11Bravo

Wed May 17, 2006 3:33 am

Quoting Desh (Reply 17):
BBC says these are newly released pics

The BBC is wrong. Those are frames from the film that's been around for a long time.
WhaleJets Rule!

Desh

Wed May 17, 2006 3:34 am

Quoting Trekster (Reply 18):
Seen those pics lots of times before.
They aint new

My bad - just checked the date on the pafe - its March 8, 2002 - I just assumed that the page was recent since they had linked it to the main page - www.bbc.com

Guess these were new as of March 8, 2002.

Sorry about that ....
"History is merely a list of surprises. It can only prepare us to be surprised yet again." - Kurt Vonnegut

JoKeR

Wed May 17, 2006 3:49 am

Saw the video, still can't see a 757???  confused 
Kafa, čaj, šraf?

TransAmerican

Wed May 17, 2006 3:49 am

Despite Desh's mistake, going by what's being played on CNN International at the moment, the sensational 'new' footage that we've all been so interested in seeing is in fact just a re-release of the same images with a couple of extra frames thrown in.

No sign of a 757 there at all unfortunately, so unlikely to satisfy conspiracy theorists.

To make matters worse, the only sign of any "flying objects" heading for the Pentagon is a small long blip which appears on the right side of the screen in the frame before the explosion. Unfortunately, it looks like no part of a 757, and in fact could easily be construed as being a "missile-like object" by anyone who might wish to draw that conclusion, however ridiculous it may be.

Not sure what all the fuss is about, given that these images were publicly available over three years ago.
Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die today.

irobertson

Wed May 17, 2006 4:12 am

Frankly, until I actually see multiple videos from the traffic cameras and the gas station and the hotel all showing an American 757 crashing into the building, not hitting the ground, chopping the light poles down like trees and not cartwheeling into the ground like George Bush Sr.'s private jet did a few months before 9/11 upon approach to Texas, until they show what happened to the two engines of the 757, the tail, etc, until they show us pictures of the remains of the people onboard being removed from the "crash site" and until they explain why a cruise missile sized hole is the only hole found on the side of the Pentagon hit and not a large airliner sized hole and two holes for the engines, not to mention the huge wingspan... *inhale* I will simply NOT believe what everyone is being expected to believe. There's a difference between conspiracy theorists and critical thinkers. Frankly, the US government hasn't proven to me (or a lot of other folks living outside the USA) beyond a reasonable doubt that what they claim happened actually did happen.

Which is also why - let the flaming begin - I refuse to watch United 93. I don't deny that it was probably a well made movie and gripping, but as to its basis on actual events? I'm not convinced. Hate me for thinking that if you will, but that's how I honestly feel.

trekster

Wed May 17, 2006 4:29 am

Quoting Irobertson (Reply 23):

Like you i have some doubts over AA77
The hole is WAY to small, and how a plane could have hit RIGHT at the building and not before, well, they were not proper trained pilots, and im sure a trained pilot would of had trouble keeping a plane going that fast, and that hevey so level so low, well
FLAME AWAY
Where does the time go???

metsfan1

Wed May 17, 2006 4:42 am

Ah so that is how you feel. I work across the street from the WTC site. Saw the airplanes hit and saw, felt, heard and smelled the collapse of the buildings.

You can feel all you wish. I feel for those innocent people who died.

Thousands of eyewitness accounts, including my own are all that I need.

Believe what you wish, but people like you who are demanding more and more evidence b/c you just don't 'feel' like you can trust the US government make me sick. At the same time you believe any person who puts up a conspiracy theorist website. No matter what evidence is produced you will never be convinced that it is true, dismissing such as fabrications. Remember, it is easier to question and cast doubt than to actually produce answers and certainty.

Let us hope Canada (as it says you are from there) never has to experience such terrible things.

Now let us move back to better aviation related discussions such as the usual A v B arguments. They may get heated but at least they are usually about airplane orders, and not politicized revisionist historical theories.

stirling

Wed May 17, 2006 4:42 am

If anyone has ever seen pictures of the EL AL 747 cargo plane that crashed into an Amsterdam apartment building, you will notice something very similar to the Pentagon crash site.........big hole, no visible sign of impact by wings.

Conspiracy?

No, just the dynamics of what happens when a big gas filled aluminum structure impacts a stronger ground structure.

The first point of contact creates a massive explosion, a vacuum almost, that sucks in fuel, in this case the fuel filled wings, which aside from the spar, is the flimsiest piece of any airliner. When the aircraft hit the Pentagon and apartment building, the wings collapsed upon impact, nothing new....look at the sight of any crash site....wings always have the least definition.
Delete this User

mtnwest1979

Wed May 17, 2006 4:43 am

Quoting Trekster (Reply 24):

But even if this was something other than what was sold...I mean told...to the public, what happened to the plane and folks then?
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

jpdflymhtmlb

Wed May 17, 2006 4:48 am

Quoting Trekster (Reply 24):

I'd love to see you two make your case before the families of not only the people who were on those flights that day, but also of those who lost their lives in the Pentagon. I can tell you both for a fact that meeting the relatives of people who were on those scheduled flights in which the flights sure enough departed, but never made it to their destination would probably convince you otherwise...and I really didn't do a whole lot of critical thinking about that. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Fly
Landings are just controlled crashes.

deltadc9

Wed May 17, 2006 4:56 am

Quoting Stirling (Reply 26):
No, just the dynamics of what happens when a big gas filled aluminum structure impacts a stronger ground structure.

Exactly, add to that the fact that the part of the building hit was just rebuilt to withstand attack. Kevlar reinforced walls, hardened windows, and many other aspects we have no access to were just added to that very spot.

A friend who is a Marine guard at the Pentagon SAW this with his own eyes.

Quoting MtnWest1979 (Reply 27):
But even if this was something other than what was sold...I mean told...to the public, what happened to the plane and folks then?

Aluminum burns, and so do people. There were remains of both the plane and the people, and they were taken to their final resting places. Do you really think all those people didnt have families?

A famous crash in Indiana in the late 50's demonstrates what can happen. They nose dived at full speed into the ground. All that remained was engine cores and a pile of burnt gelatinous mush and little pieces of random metal. They could not identify the remains of most all of the passengers.
Dont take life too seriously because you will never get out of it alive - Bugs Bunny

mustang304

Wed May 17, 2006 4:59 am

Has anyone else seen a video of the F4 phantom being slammed into a wall at 500 mph?

The test was to see if the concrete on nuclear power plants can take the impact of an aircraft.

During the test the aircraft vaporized. The only pieces that survived were the wing tips, as they didn't directly contact the wall. The plane impacted the pentagon at high speed, (high kinetic energy), and the impact vaporized, fragmented and obliterated just about everything that was the 757 or in the 757.

If you'd like, I'll try and get the F4 video up on youtube or something like that.

mustang304

Dr.DTW

Wed May 17, 2006 5:00 am

Just watched the video..

I didn't see a 757...did anyone ???

travelin man

Wed May 17, 2006 5:01 am

Quoting MtnWest1979 (Reply 27):

Exactly. In order to assume what happened on September 11 did not happen, you would have to explain: Where the plane(s) went, why passengers called their loved ones to say they had been hijacked, video of the planes hitting the towers, the ATC recordings of the hijackers, and how a government that is fairly inept at so many things could pull off one of the most complicated, massively complicit, conspiracies in the history of the world.

I guess it is a lot easier to say "there is no video, so therfore it did not happen" than to actually take a look at the overwhelming evidence that what everyone says happened is what actually happened.

Besides, if there was video "proof" you would say it was faked anyway.

vlada

Wed May 17, 2006 5:14 am

Quoting Dr.DTW (Reply 31):

I saw the video on BBC World just now - didn't see the plane.

Although, they have said on BBC that the video was "jumpy" since it was a Pentagon surveillance camera that took it. A commentator said that the plane was visible in one frame - I didn't see it at all, just a big ball of fire out of the building.

Vlada

jtamu97

Wed May 17, 2006 5:16 am

We also have to remember the Value Jet DC-9 that impacted the Everglades. Everyone was told there was a plane crash, but initially all everyone saw was a large disturbed area of marsh. While there was more recovered from that plane due to lack of fire than the AA 757, I think it does show that planes can practically dissappear rather it be in marsh or by slamming into a re enforced concrete building full of fuel.

Anyway, I was hoping that the videos would show a little more than they did just because of all the hype.

Later,
J

[Edited 2006-05-16 22:18:48]
Propeller, we don't need no stinkin propeller

ANCFlyer

Wed May 17, 2006 5:17 am

Quoting Crogalski (Reply 4):
Well, they've had 6 years to remake the video...

sarcastic  Not even funny . . . not even close. Lose any family or friends on 9/11???  butthead 

Quoting 11Bravo (Reply 5):
The tin-hat crowd will just dismiss the video as a fake

The conspiracy theorist idiots deserve no quarter and no ear . . .

What kind of moron would actually believe anything but what we all saw on television . . . and some of us in person? Well, I could name names of some A-Net members - but alas, I'm still ban free and would like to keep it that way.

Quoting Stirling (Reply 26):
If anyone has ever seen pictures of the EL AL 747 cargo plane that crashed into an Amsterdam apartment building, you will notice something very similar to the Pentagon crash site.........big hole, no visible sign of impact by wings.

Conspiracy?

Hey, look, there's common sense in Civ-Av afterall . . . .

Quoting DeltaDC9 (Reply 29):
Exactly, add to that the fact that the part of the building hit was just rebuilt to withstand attack. Kevlar reinforced walls, hardened windows, and many other aspects we have no access to were just added to that very spot.

Lucky strike that day, that wing had just been completed and reinforced . . .

Of course, you have yet to convince the conspiracy theorists . . . or those that give their bizarre, inane, idiotic theoris and credit at all - those folks get no quarter from me and never will . . . .

Rest in Peace my friends Larry Strickland and Lacey Ivory, Sergeants Major, US Army. Killed 9/11/01 at the Pentagon.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

deltadc9

Wed May 17, 2006 5:19 am

Just watched the video..

TIVO it and go frame by frame, you can see it. You must remember that those cameras take very few frames per minute muchless second, and the plane was at full throttle or close to it.

Quoting Mustang304 (Reply 30):
If you'd like, I'll try and get the F4 video up on youtube or something like that.

I have seen that, and it is amazing. They used a very high speed camera to record that BTW, security cameras are not even in the same leugue
Dont take life too seriously because you will never get out of it alive - Bugs Bunny

BritPilot777

Wed May 17, 2006 5:20 am

It does seem a little odd that not even a part of the 757 is caught on camera, it is also weird that the frame before the explosion you can see something on the right above the red cone flash across the screen, now if this is the 757, what the hell was it doesnt flying 5 ft above the ground about 70 ft out??

Also when the first shot of the explosion is shown, you can see marking of the route whatever it was that came in from the right took, now theres no way a 757 would have done that could it?

Anyone else see what i'm talking about??

BP777
Forever Flight

stirling

Wed May 17, 2006 5:27 am

Quoting BritPilot777 (Reply 37):

I don't have a clue as to what you just said......Did you proof-read it before posting?
Delete this User

ANCFlyer

Wed May 17, 2006 5:32 am

Jeezus Tap Dancing Christ - here we go . . .

That seems weird,

There's no plane,

The camera was not focused.

Good God people . . . .

How many more eye witnessed do you fuckin' need?

Britpilot is now a 757 expert. . .

now theres no way a 757 would have done that could it?

DrDTW is now blind - apparently . . . and knows nothing of VCRs used for surveillance . . .

Gawddamned pathetic . . . .

I'm off, if I continue in this thread I'm going to get banned sure as shit . . .

You people need to wake your asses up . . . . and get a dose of reality . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

deltadc9

Wed May 17, 2006 5:33 am

It does seem a little odd that not even a part of the 757 is caught on camera

Compare the feet per second the plane was traveling to the frames per second of a security camera and the length of the plane, and the answer will unfold before your eyes.

now theres no way a 757 would have done that could it?

Can and did, witnesses to prove it.

christeljs

Wed May 17, 2006 5:36 am

If AA77 was shot down, wouldn't there be any witnesses? I think so...
Christel A Photography

heathrow

Wed May 17, 2006 5:37 am

that was NOT a 757! way too small

irobertson

Wed May 17, 2006 5:42 am

Quoting Metsfan1 (Reply 25):

Of course I believe the buildings fell, of course I believe the planes crashed into them. But I don't believe that because of the planes alone that the buildings fell. It's completely impossible. There was a lot more than met the eye that day. A lot of innocent people in the WTC did die, I'm not discounting that at all. Read my post and you'll see that what I was disputing was the pentagon "plane crash" and even United 93.

If two aircraft were enough to bring down both WTC towers all on their own, then the Empire State Building should have been brought down by that B-52 back in the 50s. No other building, especially built at the same time as the WTC in the 70s, that has suffered multiple floor fires has ever fallen as a result of the fires alone. I don't know who brought down the WTC towers in the end, but they weren't the hijackers on the aircraft; whoever they were knew what they were doing and killed a lot of people. I can assure you I have as much sympathy for the victims as anyone else; I just don't believe the story that the US government claims to be the cause.

Quoting Travelin man (Reply 32):
Besides, if there was video "proof" you would say it was faked anyway.

Well if this is the proof I'm supposed to believe, then try again. Releasing a few frames could mean deleted frames. The ones that were released just show a streak VERY close to the ground and then fireball. Nothing else. If that's supposed to be more convincing evidence, then I must be just stupid or something.

As for "where did the plane go?" Good question. Some people think it was shot down somewhere, maybe over the ocean. I don't know, I wasn't on the flight. But... Just because we don't have the answer doesn't mean it HAD to have crashed into the pentagon.

Quoting DeltaDC9 (Reply 29):
add to that the fact that the part of the building hit was just rebuilt to withstand attack. Kevlar reinforced walls, hardened windows, and many other aspects we have no access to were just added to that very spot.

Funny, how come the rest of the pentagon didn't receive the same reinforcements, only that one wall? I mean, what would have happened if a plane had hit the other sides? And what of all the drills in the Pentagon during the summer leading up to 9/11 that were preparing people in the event someone hijacked a plane and crashed it into the building? And then 9/11 comes along, the reinforced side blows up, and obviously the first thing people will say is "we were hit by a plane" because that's what the drills were for. Never mind actually investigating it thoroughly... Am I the only person in the world that thinks there's way too many co-incidences here? Are the victims families content with this story despite the gaping holes in the government's conclusions? Why does no one in America want these holes conclusively investigated and answered? Is it more convienent just to believe it was the work of Bin Laden and a terrorist ring (that apparently also infiltrated from Canada, since we are a terrorist harbouring nation or something)?

Everyone wishes the victims of Sept 11 to rest in peace, as do I, whereever they may have fallen. However, I wouldn't be surprised if these souls were not resting in peace right now, because we haven't actually found and tried their killers yet. I don't think the killers were in Afghanistan, and I don't think they are currently locked up in Guantanamo Bay. The USA owes the victims a proper, thorough, and completely open investigation. But the more time passes, the greater the chances are that critical evidence will be lost and the real truth will not be found.

PS. Take some time tonight and watch this. It may not be completely right in every assertation, but it certainly does offer some interesting observations that are enough to raise questions and make people really ask, "did this really happen the way we think it did?"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2023320890224991194

D950

Wed May 17, 2006 5:46 am

Quoting Irobertson (Reply 44):
If two aircraft were enough to bring down both WTC towers all on their own, then the Empire State Building should have been brought down by that B-52 back in the 50s

If a B-52 crashed into the Empire State Building, trust me , it would come down. I think it was a B-25
Resting on your laurels is a synonym for flirting with disaster

christeljs

Wed May 17, 2006 5:46 am

I just don't believe the story that the US government claims to be the cause.

I don't believe the US government for 1 second either. You saw what they made from 'TWA 800'. I won't even dive into there.
Christel A Photography

deltadc9

Wed May 17, 2006 5:48 am

Funny, how come the rest of the pentagon didn't receive the same reinforcements, only that one wall? I mean, what would have happened if a plane had hit the other sides?

They rebuilt the Pentagon one facet at a time, and that facet was just completed, If they had hit a yet to be completed facet, the damage would have been exponentially worse.

The Pentagon rebuilding project is common knowledge, there are History Channel documentaries on it. How can you even have a position on this subject if you don't know anything about the Pentagon?

ANCFlyer

Wed May 17, 2006 5:49 am

Funny, how come the rest of the pentagon didn't receive the same reinforcements, only that one wall?

Umm okay hero . . . .

Here's your answer.

They started reconstruction on the side of the building in 2000, with a 10 year plan to reinforce the entire building . . . . .

IF they'd hit any other wall, the destruction would have been much worse.

How do I know this . . . .well, first go look at my profile, then listen: my last assignment in the Army was at the Pentagon . . . . 2E354 was my office.

Next stupid question?

A little research would have answered that . . . .

We've another conspiracy theorist amongst us . . . .  sarcastic 

[Edited 2006-05-16 22:51:57]

BritPilot777

Wed May 17, 2006 5:53 am

It just made me think, im still sure it was a 757 that went into the building, after all i'm no expert, and the same goes for all of us.

BP777

and No I didnt proof read :P
Forever Flight