wolsingerjet

AN-12 To Be Based In Canada.

Sat May 20, 2006 2:20 am

Vegaair of bulgaria and a undisclosed canadian company are seeking to base a Antonov-12 in canada for a period of upto 1 year to support albertas oil and natural gas sectors aswell as to fly supplies into diamond mines in the northwest territories.This has yet to be approved by transport canada but it sounds like the thumbs up is sure to be granted as transport has already approved the use of the worlds largest helicopter the MI-26 for similar purposes.Very cool if you ask me!!!
Guess what???I dont like you either...

yowza

RE: AN-12 To Be Based In Canada.

Sat May 20, 2006 3:07 am

Quoting Wolsingerjet (Thread starter):
Very cool if you ask me!!!

Given that the An would be supporting projects important and lucrative to the Canadian economy I see no reason why this would be denied. Amazing how far we've come, imagine somebody trying to base Russian metal here in 1986!!!

YOWza

wolsingerjet

RE: AN-12 To Be Based In Canada.

Sat May 20, 2006 3:53 am

Well from what has been said this is due to the shortage of hercs around for civil use,First air has one but its been busy flying between yellowknife and Diavik and Edmonton and snap lake several times a week.I had thought i was hearing talk of lynden air also basing a herc up here for a season or two.Alot of the drilling companies are also seeking to fly rigs around within alberta and we have seen some of that activity start already out of edmonton with a usa jet DC-9F and a cargo configured falcon 20 also owned by the company flying components around the province.
Guess what???I dont like you either...