ba757gla

Delta Stand In EDI Waverley Sttation!

Sat May 20, 2006 7:51 pm

they were giving away free stuff , like timetables ,did CO do that!

Damian

RE: Delta Stand In EDI Waverley Sttation!

Sat May 20, 2006 8:02 pm

CO's pre-launch advertising campaign for EDI-EWR consisted of a large number of billboards in some very high profile locations, including the frontage of the former GPO building at the east end of Edinburgh's Princes Street, and also at strategic points around Edinburgh Airport itself.

DL's publicity push for its new EDI service seems to have come very late in the game, but it seems they are doing all the right things, including local press saturation and lots of billboards in the Edinburgh area. They could probably do with some advertising in and around EDI itself - I'd suggest kicking out that Emirates ad on the main approach road to the airport  Wink

I don't know to what extent DL are advertising this service outside the Edinburgh area, besides in the national press. This is a service which should attract pax from right across Scotland, so I hope they've done the ground work elsewhere in Scotland too.

ba757gla

Sat May 20, 2006 8:10 pm

they should advertise the service in GLA , quite a lot of pasengers i reckon will come from GLA .

Damian

Sat May 20, 2006 8:18 pm

It'll be quite a sea change for pax in the Glasgow area to travel through to EDI for long haul flights. For many years it's worked the other way round, with Edinburgh/east of Scotland pax having to make the journey to GLA, but the long haul choices from EDI seem to be getting better every year, which is good news for the local economy, tourism and for business in Edinburgh.

FWIW, I think the majority of pax on the flight will be US tourists visiting Scotland, much the same as on CO's EWR-EDI service.

gustyorange

Sat May 20, 2006 11:18 pm

I don't see many pax from Glasgow using DL from EDI unless they are travelling to Atlanta itself.

Any connections available in ATL will be covered with AA, CO and US at GLA.

Cheers

G

Scotty

Sat May 20, 2006 11:56 pm

I hear the back end loads have been very good and they are now going for the up front sales

MontanaFL

Sun May 21, 2006 1:51 am

I visted Edinburgh while serving in the USAF at RAF Mildenhall 89-91 and celebrated New Years Eve 89 there. I fell in love with the city - even though it was cool and rainy those 2 days and welcomed in 1990 at the Tron( I hope I got that correct). When I heard DL was flying to EDI, I was so excited and am looking forward to my next visit to the city and surrounding areas. As you are speaking of Waverly Station, is there transportation from the station to/from EDI? May be later in the year or next, but I want to go back badly, preferable the summer.
I miss those DL L-1011's

OttoPylit

Sun May 21, 2006 5:28 am

I aready posted this with the DL website upgrades. It is a marketing tool-kit and will be moved to different new stations that DL will open this summer.

DL Updates Website, Introduces "Toolkit" (by OttoPylit May 18 2006 in Civil Aviation)#ID2777816

OttoPylit
I don't have a microwave, but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks shit.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos