scouseflyer

Possible Easyjet Strike This Summer?

Mon May 22, 2006 7:05 am

Anyone here work for Easyjet and got any info on the possible strike this summer:

http://www.itvregions.com/Anglia/News/Easyjet+strike+threat.htm

http://www.tdtravelgroup.com/news/detail.php/68

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0...dstrike%2dthreat%2d-name_page.html

As I'm going on holiday using Easyjet in the summer want to be prepared to look at other options if the orange planes are not in the air!

BDKLEZ

RE: Possible Easyjet Strike This Summer?

Mon May 22, 2006 3:56 pm

From the easyJet Intranet...

easyJet PILOTS ACCEPT PAY OFFER

Good news everyone - I'm delighted to let you know that the pilots have agreed the pay proposal that they have been voting on in the last three weeks or so. The vote was 77% in favour of the two-year deal that, like the Cabin Crew pay offer, will be back-dated to October 2005.

I'm pleased that we've got this out of the way early in the summer season so that we can collectively focus on ensuring we have a successful summer.
Trespassers will be shot; survivors will be shot again!

BCAL

Mon May 22, 2006 9:43 pm

BDKLEZ if you work for U2 you are obviously in a more knowledgeable position than I, but the articles are referring to a possible strike by cabin crew whereas the news on U2's website refers to the pilots accepting the pay offer. Have cabin crew members also voted to accept their pay offer - it seems to indicate that no ballot for cabin crew has yet taken place.
MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

BDKLEZ

Wed May 24, 2006 7:28 am

In short, the Cabin Crew had been offered a deal which they had already accepted. The Flight Deck Crew were offered another deal on which they had yet to vote, but on which they subsequently have, which has resulted in the majority of pilots balloted accepting and agreeing to the company's proposals.

Both Flight Deck and Cabin staff will have their relative pay agreements implemented in due course and any benefits gained from that will be back-dated to October last year.
Trespassers will be shot; survivors will be shot again!

TheSunseeker

Wed May 24, 2006 8:59 pm

I just booked a flight on Easyjet. The topic scared me man,
but I'm glad that it seems to be fixed.  Smile
RSA: Dont drink and drive - take the train and get mugged

scouseflyer

Wed May 24, 2006 9:20 pm

Excellant, holidays are still happenning!