BWOOD

Most Years At Oshkosh

Wed May 24, 2006 9:43 am

I don't know if this topic has been posted before but I have never seen it. I was wondering how many veterans of Oshkosh are out there. I am 21 and have been going up there since I was 8 (1993). I would say that I have attended for 13 years but I missed Osh 96 cause my dad was in the middle of changing jobs. So I have been going up there for 12 years. By the way, I know that people have been up their many more times than me I just wanted a catchy topic title. So how many years has everybody else gotten up there? Just wondering. Also how do you get up there? Do you fly in or drive? If you fly then what do you fly? If you have not gone up to see the show then you are missing out. I can't get enough of that place. The show is awesome and you always find something unique and off the wall up there. I don't work for EAA or anything, I just think it is an awesome event that every aviation enthusiast should see and I will be up there again this year. Just wanted to see how many people go see the show.

legend11

RE: Most Years At Oshkosh

Wed May 24, 2006 12:54 pm

I used to live in ATW and attended Oshkosh for 8 years running. Got started when you had to be either an EAA member or a pilot to get in the flight line. That changed rapidly, however, as the last 3-4 years they were letting just about anyone in to the fllight line. I finally stopped going when the opening Saturday and Sunday attendance surpassed 200,000. I was also on the flightlline 4 years running and witnessed home builts crashing on the runway very near where I was standing. That sort of took the excitement out of Oshkosh, for me anyway.

kith

Wed May 24, 2006 1:24 pm

My fourth year this year (also 4th in a row), can't wait! -Matt in KITH

slider

Wed May 24, 2006 11:44 pm

I've gone every year consecutively since I was 8. That's going on 25 years now. Big grin

(WI native, admittedly!) And I interned at EAA's corporate offices one summer and have held close ties with them.

paulc

Thu May 25, 2006 2:38 pm

Will be my first visit to Oshkosh in July - really lookinig forward to the week.
English First, British Second, european Never!