iowaman

First AA Eagle DSM-LGA Flight Sold Out

Fri May 26, 2006 10:17 am

AA is starting a daily ex. Saturday LGA-DSM starting June 15, and the first two DSM-LGA are sold out according to aa.com and the June 16,18, LGA-DSM are also sold out! It's only an ER3 but I'm glad to see loads look so good over three weeks out. Also one of DL's first DSM-SLC CRJ starting June 9th only has one seat left.

[Edited 2006-05-26 03:19:10]

HPAEAA

RE: First AA Eagle DSM-LGA Flight Sold Out

Fri May 26, 2006 10:22 am

Quoting Iowaman (Thread starter):
first two DSM-LGA are sold out

Fantastic, just hope they don't cancel lol, jk.. good for AA they need to find markets like that
Why do I fly???

dbo861

Fri May 26, 2006 11:34 am

It is great to see that the initial sales for this route are looking good. But, where can AA Eagle go from here if the route remains successful? Would they put a larger plane on the route, even though I don't think American Eagle opperates E145s or CRJs from LGA? Would they add a frequency and waste another LGA slot on DSM? Also, I really doubt this would become a mainline route, so I'm guessing DSM only have the single daily LGA flight minus Saturday on the E135 for awhile. Any thoughts?

Also, does American Eagle offer connections for DSM pax at LGA? I don't believe DSM currently has connecting service to an East Coast hub, except for ATL.

[Edited 2006-05-26 04:36:29]

boeingguy1

Fri May 26, 2006 11:36 am

Des Moines, Iowa to LGA? On an ERJ? Ouch... I love those jungle jets but c'mon.
"...Gatwick South!? Id rather crash in Brighton!"

iowaman

Fri May 26, 2006 12:21 pm

Quoting Dbo861 (Reply 2):
It is great to see that the initial sales for this route are looking good. But, where can AA Eagle go from here if the route remains successful? Would they put a larger plane on the route, even though I don't think American Eagle opperates E145s or CRJs from LGA? Would they add a frequency and waste another LGA slot on DSM? Also, I really doubt this would become a mainline route, so I'm guessing DSM only have the single daily LGA flight minus Saturday on the E135 for awhile. Any thoughts?

Well, that is a very good question that someone with more knowledge of AA/LGA would be better off answering than me, but my educated guess would be that the route would have to perform extremely well before they would add a second flight. The other problem I see with this is LGA has delays quite often, and quite frankly I don't think they can really carry much extra fuel considering the tanks are probably close to full for such a long ERJ flight. Also, I believe you are correct that Eagle doesn't operate 145's or CRJ's from LGA.

Also, does American Eagle offer connections for DSM pax at LGA? I don't believe DSM currently has connecting service to an East Coast hub, except for ATL.

Just did some checking, you can actually do some connections in LGA, for example they do offer DSM-LGA-BOS. Good luck finding a seat though. Wink

Quoting Boeingguy1 (Reply 3):
Des Moines, Iowa to LGA? On an ERJ? Ouch... I love those jungle jets but c'mon.

Yeah, quite long but better than having to connect in ORD I guess.

I don't believe DSM currently has connecting service to an East Coast hub, except for ATL.

Well, techincally NW does offer connections on DSM-DCA, but you would end up on another carrier and no one has a real big "hub" in DCA, it's more or less a US focus city.

sw733

Fri May 26, 2006 12:31 pm

Would they add a frequency and waste another LGA slot on DSM?

If it's making more money than another route, yes. The point is to make money, and if they do it with DSM, than it's not a waste. We'll have to wait and see.

ramerinianair

Fri May 26, 2006 12:55 pm

The loads look good. I do not see more than 10 seats open for June. Most flights only have a hand full of seats left. The seat maps aren't a good judge though, they are showing 30/37 booked for the 16th DSM-LGA. Still though, GREAT loads for a new route. Oustanding job AA!!
SR
W N = my Worst Nightmare!!!!!

iowaman

Fri May 26, 2006 1:24 pm

Quoting RamerinianAir (Reply 6):
The loads look good. I do not see more than 10 seats open for June. Most flights only have a hand full of seats left. The seat maps aren't a good judge though, they are showing 30/37 booked for the 16th DSM-LGA. Still though, GREAT loads for a new route. Oustanding job AA!! SR

That's awesome! Do you see another frequency in the future at all?

OzarkD9S

Fri May 26, 2006 10:02 pm

Quoting Iowaman (Reply 4):

Yeah, quite long but better than having to connect in ORD I guess.

Then try MKE!  Wink
Next up: STL-CVG-MKE-MSP-STL.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos